• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ned Stark

Stan Wickham (3)
Any rumours or facts on player movement next year?Clifton Setu,Jamason Schultz & Sam Edwards are all currently playing 7's at Uni & locked in there for next year.
Josh Webb,Conor Moroney & Alex Horan apparently on their way to St Lucia too

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
How so?They all play different positions.Only 4 or 5 Prem Colts from 2014 are returning

Your being to simplistic, they might all play different positions but do would they provide a balanced team if they all played together? Just look at the boys you named who played backs, couple them with the backs that are returning for perm colts and format he premiership winning colts 1 team.

They are all far from shoe ins.

Ned Stark

Stan Wickham (3)
Hypothetically then:
#2 Webb
#3Richardson
#5 O'Hara
#6 Jones
#7 Moroney
#8 Schultz
#9 Sorovi
#10 Horan
#12 Russel
#13 Jurd
#14 Edwards
#15 Setu

All players are in their position they predominantly occupied in 2014 except Schultz who played league & Jones who didn't lace the boots up.

In terms of balance it looks good with a few spots to fill.I don't know the personalities so that might be a factor plus Russel is likely to be involved with Prem Grade.

Purely hypothetical Chaps,I'd be interested to see if all parties end up in those spots.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Check their website or Facebook page for updates reds3. Im not from Norths but most pre-season will start around Jan/Feb next year. Premier Grade may start earlier.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
TBD - how's Jeeps Colts looking next year? Imagine Tuttle & Magnay will be mainstays in Prem's? Any get hooked over to the Southside?

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not really plugged in at the moment Breakdown but will probably find out a bit more in the coming months. I'd say there would be some worries at the clubhouse that Tuttle and Magnay may be getting pulled over to the Magpies. I believe (may be wrong) that Picone was a major factor in getting them to GPS and may do the same again for Souths.

However, as you say both those fellas most likely have spots locked down in GPS Prem's so maybe they're happy not moving.

GPSGPSGPS

Frank Nicholson (4)
Not really plugged in at the moment Breakdown but will probably find out a bit more in the coming months. I'd say there would be some worries at the clubhouse that Tuttle and Magnay may be getting pulled over to the Magpies. I believe (may be wrong) that Picone was a major factor in getting them to GPS and may do the same again for Souths.

However, as you say both those fellas most likely have spots locked down in GPS Prem's so maybe they're happy not moving.

I don't know for sure but fairly confident that those boys along with Rodwell, Sikameti and Richard Aitsi will all be staying with GPS. Whilst Buzz may have had a little pull in getting to GPS they have all thoroughly enjoyed their time there and after a having a fair bit to do with them personally over the last year or two I am confident that they are staying put. I think it is possible that even more of the Nudgee Brigade will be showing up at Yoku Rd with the appointment of the new premier grade coaches. I think you are correct in saying that Tuttle and Magnay will not be playing colts next year anyway, as well as Sikameti who is too old.

Interesting times.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Agree most everything you've said there GPSGPSGPS. The player whom I think would be the biggest chance of leaving may be Aitsi? After training with Prem's for pre-season he fell out of favour and mostly played Colts 1. From all accounts he's a great player and may find better opportunities elsewhere if he felt enticed to leave.

GPSGPSGPS

Frank Nicholson (4)
Agree most everything you've said there GPSGPSGPS. The player whom I think would be the biggest chance of leaving may be Aitsi? After training with Prem's for pre-season he fell out of favour and mostly played Colts 1. From all accounts he's a great player and may find better opportunities elsewhere if he felt enticed to leave.

Yeah he had a very unlucky year, it was actually injury rather than form that kept him in Colts 1, he was injured in the pre season and missed the first half of the year and after the red hot form of the GPS outside backs in prem colts he found it difficult to get back in, also picked up a couple more injuries in the back end of the year, will hopefully be back bigger and stronger in 2015.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
News out of Norths is that Isi Tevi has been selected for the Melbourne Rebels U20's extended training squad. I'm interested to know what that means if he is selected in the full squad. Does that mean he has to play for a club in Melbourne, or can he play in Brisbane still? I actually have no idea how the U20's system works...

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Any word out of the Kennel yet on how West's colts recruiting is going? For their sake I hope they're already looking into it.

Having to pull out the Colts 2 team for another year and also several forfeits in Colts 1 (along with a less than successful Prem Colts) is a sad state of affairs for a club with such great history.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I know BigDog.

I can recall back when Wests were almost unbeatable at a couple of stages in the colts, but since GPS and University have developed very strong Colts programs, the Dogs have been left behind the pack. (no pun intended)

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Souths have just announced the appointment of Nathan Nicol as the 2015 Premier Colts Head Coach .
Nathan has had a very successful playing career starting from Australian Schools, Waratahs Academy, Waratahs A and 8 years premier Grade in both Shute Shield NSW and Brisbane Premier Rugby.
Nathan’s knowledge of the game will help guide future Magpies to both Premier Grade and Professional Rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.