• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Yep. Will update tomorrow. Top four 4/4. With two ahead for round 12. Any news on the Bond v UQ game? The longer bond waits the sooner the u20's get home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yep. Will update tomorrow. Top four 4/4. With two ahead for round 12. Any news on the Bond v UQ game? The longer bond waits the sooner the u20's get home

Spoke to Bond coach, still under negotiation.

phatmik

Herbert Moran (7)
Fiar dinkum just 7 points in the brothers - gps game and once again I am hovering close to the leader board..... not.

Seriously who got close to that tip.

If the QRU really pumped some lower level tiered structure into this area (other than a comp and an elite 20's) something like a tier 2 and a tier 3 QRU 20's program with junior level coaching that is mentored through the ranks, imagine the depth you could pull out then.

Amazing talent in this state.

Brace yourself as my next round of tips to follow soon. Think I'll just follow HTC's tips and add 2 points

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Okkie Dokkie! The results below is after Round 13 but does not include Round 12, as it is incomplete at this stage. It will be updated when completed.

A easier round this week for most, however the Easts game caused a blow-out in the points differences. Three home teams won, whilst Easts blew away Norths at home by 42 point! There are still 3 joint leaders, however HTC and Refabit are ahead by one thus far on Round 12.

The results:

1 (1) .. HTC .. .4/4.. 28/36 .. ..(-481 points) - percentage 78%
= 1 (1)..Sage .. .4/4.. .28/36 . ..(-447 points) - 78%
= 1 (1)..Refabit. .4/4.. 28/36.. .(-482 points) - 78%
2 (2) ..NCWK .. .. 4/4 ..17/24 ..(-343 points) - 71%
3 (3)...New Rec. .2/4.. ..5/8.. ..(-142 points) - 63%
= 3 (=4) Phatmik...3/4. . 10/16.. .(-285 points) - 63%
4 (=4) N Dobell. . 2/4.. ..9/16.. ..(-321 points) - 56%

Four perfect scores and a very large range for the points difference. The points difference winner was NCWK with 43, congratulations!! Other points scores were Refabit 46, HTC and Sage on 48, then Phatmik with 65 and Nick Dobell with a record 112!

New Recruit Brissy was AWOL however retains third with Phatmik whilst Nick Dobell retains the cellar rights by himself.

Record points difference HTC with -17 Round 10.

This week could be tricky again with South hosting Brothers and UQ hosting a vastly improving Easts. Easts need this one in order to keep their dreams alive of a Semi-Final spot, whilst UQ want to close the door for all 4th spot hopefuls. Also of interest will be The Bank at home to Wests, are the doggies the real deal?

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sage my thoughts exactly. I think East's could cause an upset this round and maybe even a bonus point. However East's will have Sunnybank, Souths and Brothers still to go and UQ only have Sunnybank, GPS and Norths therefore my money would be on UQ finishing in 4th spot.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
This week may cause a bit of difficulty for our tippers; but the fearless (or foolish) Sage will kick off this weeks tipping.

Round 14

GPS at home Vs Bond

Been giving GPS all my cheering required to pull a victory off; they have been listening and getting better. One word guys: Perseverance! It will pay off at some stage, but probably not this weekend unfortunately. BUT I DO WANT YOU TO TURN-UP o'k?

Even with the home ground advantage and poisoning of the hot-dogs, water and hamburgers can't go past Bond. But I'm giving Jeeps a small sniff.

Bond by 15

Souths at home Vs Brothers

Brothers have large injury worries and last time round Souths caused an upset of both the competition leaders, but I don't think this will continue. Souths form has been patchy since then with a recent 24 point beating by the Bank, before the "Ugliest Show on Earth" game against Jeeps (only winning by 3). They have however, had a week to reflect on their inner beauty and hopefully the "Bank" twins will be able to assist.

Brothers saving grace is the the depth of players within the club. This will be closer than expected, however going with the heart and mind this time:

Brothers by 14

The Bank at home Vs Wests

Wests oh! Wests! what will we do with you? For me, without doubt the best "of the rest"; consistent, highest points for losing less than 7, very good defensive (ranked 3rd) but no points for!?? Possibly one of the unluckiest of teams 2016, but you need to score; irrespective of how ugly that score is.

The Bank had a narrow loss last week, and a good win against Brothers the week before. Been an energy draining couple of weeks, but the club has the depth to overcome a little tiredness. With a good back line and a competent set of forwards you would think this was a "lay-down mazaire" for the Bank. The Wests forwards need to fire and the backs need line speed and to effect the tackle. Last time round there was only 11 points in it.

My gut feeling is that there may only be a similar margin.

The Bank by 12

UQ at home Vs Easts

UQ have also had a rough time of it over the last couple of weeks; with the draw, the rain, players representing Australia, injury and covering for their very impressive Premier team. But irrespective of this IT'S SHOW TIME UQ .... and it starts this week, this game. Easts can smell fourth place and you don't want them to taste it, do you? Even though there main navigator (Horan) will probably be playing Prem's again, Wallace and Tony Hunt are both back. Depth: good, location: good, Hot Dogs: good ... oppps!

Easts on the other hand have had a great couple of weeks. Some on the forum are getting excited about their prospects and with good reason, they are learning how to win. They have knocked off the respected Wests and have shown Norths that their creek is better than theirs; no mean feat on both accounts. Previous to that they had a good showing against Bond. They will need to be at their best to beat the students at the library.

Last time round there was 20 points in this one; I think this will be closer. Won't be as tight as Haystack Calhoun's underwear, but not too far away!

UQ by 9

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Was out of action last week unfortunately - but i will get in early this week.

GPS v Bond - BOND by 25
Sunnybank v Wests - Sunnybank by 15
Souths v Brothers - Brothers by 5
UQ v Easts - Easts by 5

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
^^^^^
No problems NR_B were all still here. Good tips btw, and your backing the upset. You like it close, don't you? Will bring the comp alive again, if it comes off.

phatmik

Herbert Moran (7)
^^^^^ then 4 days later UQ travel to Norths to play and Bond host Souths at home

....... shrewd .........

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
GPS vs BOND
Although GPS have been putting up a great effort in their last 3 games Bond should ride this one home comfortably.
Bond by 25

SOUTH at home to BROTHERS
Souths have not been playing their best since their win over Norths in #9. Brothers will cruise home easily
Brothers by 12

SUNNYBANK host WESTS
Wests will be tough up front in the wet conditions this weekend but my money should be secure.
Sunnybank by 10

UQ vs EASTS
This one is going to be a tight contest with Easts eying a top 4 slot they will give It their all.
East's by 5

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
O'k the G&GR selectors are out and about. You too can be a selector!!

This is where you get to select the players for the North (Union) v South (Confiderate) camps for the Premier North v Premier South battle. It's like "Gone with the Winds", hopefully without the Wind!

Is there a ruff diamond us guys haven't discovered yet?? So far our fellow selectors have identified the following talent on the radar:

Premier North Colts

Jodan Tupai - Norths (1)
Jacob Pinkney - Norths (1)
Effie Maafu - Wests (2)
Robby MaCaffrey - Brothers (2)
Will Wilson - Brothers (3)
Emmanuel Meafou - Brothers (5)
Jackson Evans - Brothers (6)
James McMillian - UQ (6)
Connor Moroney - UQ (7)
Tom Zappala - Brothers (7)
Rhys Martin - Brothers (8)
Sam Wallace UQ (8)
Harry Parcell - GPS (9)
Jodan Lenac - UQ (9)
Jac Van Eeden - Wests (9)
Alex Horan - UQ (10)
Lorenzo Skelton - Brothers (11)
Kailab Conventry - Brother (13)

Premier South Colts

Johann Koorts - Souths (1)
Gavin Luka -Bond (3)
Callum Ball - Bond (5)
Jack Farrell - Souths (7)
Jameson Quirk - Bond (8)
Rodney Pits - Souths (9)
Hamish Stewart - Bond (10)
Jezzy Ione - Sunnybank (11)
Dylan Riley -Bond (13)
Clayton Uia - Souths (13)
Hayden Sargent - Bond (14)
Josh Coward - Sunnybank (10 or 15)
Jayden Ngamanu - Souths (15)

We are getting there for the Union forwards, but we do need some backs! The reverse is true for the Confederate team (stands to reason ;)), plenty of backs but not as many forwards.

So G&GR selectors let's get out there and fill the gaps; (lets help or give a hand to the poor REAL selectors!)

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
I think Shiller (1) from Easts deserves a mention and the Wests Hooker/Captain Efitus Maafu (Efi) should be considered

Status
Not open for further replies.