• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
Not knowing a huge amount about the ladder and bonus points, point difference etc etc, I would almost say that the top 4 are almost locked in.
BUT, A possible scenario is if Brothers loose at home to Bond (Maybe) and then (Maybe) loose away at Wests, this will set up a very interesting game at Easts (this is only possible if Easts can win against GPS and Souths).
West can also cause problems but they need to win at Souths, at their home against Brothers and then travel to Bond :(
I think the lady is clearing her throat and about to sing

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
But really Uni were amazing to watch, every pass went to hand. And to score a combined 32 tries in 140 minutes is rather incredible.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Loss of Pita and Farrell really hurt Souths. Farrell only person slowing down Bond ball and pinching a few turn overs and Pita providing some great spark in attack and cover defense.

Bond too big and cohesive - unfortunately it was the 'bad' Souths that came out in the 2nd half.

I would agree with that New Recruit; they are the best two players by miles in the Souths team, particularly Pita. He has so much space time and takes the right option fairly consistently, a very good prospect. Unfortunately couldn't rate too many beyond them; not saying that the other aren't good, just didn't show much at this particular game.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Not knowing a huge amount about the ladder and bonus points, point difference etc etc, I would almost say that the top 4 are almost locked in.
BUT, A possible scenario is if Brothers loose at home to Bond (Maybe) and then (Maybe) loose away at Wests, this will set up a very interesting game at Easts (this is only possible if Easts can win against GPS and Souths).
West can also cause problems but they need to win at Souths, at their home against Brothers and then travel to Bond :(
I think the lady is clearing her throat and about to sing

I reckon Bored this could be the fate of Brothers. They have just been too inconsistent this year. Losses to Souths (2) and Wests have cost them dearly. What other top three teams breeze through Brothers seem to struggle; a worrying factor.

To add to this, the game against Bond is in Toowoomba! A good way to give away your home advantage....hehe

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Great to see Jeeps break their "duck egg" on the weekend. Keep it going guys (my voice box is better, and be cheering for you again this weekend).

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I would agree with that New Recruit; they are the best two players by miles in the Souths team, particularly Pita. He has so much space time and takes the right option fairly consistently, a very good prospect. Unfortunately couldn't rate too many beyond them; not saying that the other aren't good, just didn't show much at this particular game.

Agreed - unfortunately the other top players had shockers and the Koorts brothers didn't even play (not sure what their deal is)...

Tough one up against Wests this weekend! Injuries and Suspension could be a killer...

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Ill be first cab off the rank this week:

Brothers v Bond:
Bond are most impressive top 4 team for me so far - Bond by 10

Easts v GPS:
Easts to keep slim semi final hopes alive - Easts by 20

Norths v Sunnybank:
Sunnkbank and UQ are next in line for me. Sunnybank by 40

Souths v Wests:
Battle of the so close yet so far teams - Souths by 5 (purely on it being a home game).

Happy Tipping...

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Interesting round to pick...

Brothers v Bond:
Brothers with the huge home ground advantage - in Toowoomba. (What's that about?) But it wont be enough. 2 losses to Souths have pushed me off the bandwagon. - Bond by 15

Easts v GPS:
Easts have been moderate - but consistent. Lightning wont strike twice for GPS. - Easts by 18

Norths v Sunnybank:
Oh dear. Sunnybank by 50

Souths v Wests:
Wests somehow managed to lose to Jeeps last week. Souths have no depth. Coin toss. - Souths by 3

Uni get time off to celebrate 3 wins in 7 days, including putting Bond in their place. A freshen up should provide a springboard for another premiership. The champagne has been purchased.

phatmik

Herbert Moran (7)
The top 4 are what they are and soon we'll be in semi finals mode. Don't think any changes but why would you listen to me as the air in the cellar down here is stifling....

Brothers take on the Roger Moores
The gold coast lads have a fair distance to travel and some of those former TSS boys will have nightmares of the journeys gone by heading up that range. But it is what it is and these Bond lads are looking like faves for the title for me. Particularly if they get back some of their 1st string players.
Bond by 12

Easts host the Gallopers
GPS lads are happy with their first win of the season which means they don't have to do a nudie run through Queen Street at peak hour...... The Easts lads are strong now and even stronger at home. Must be the burgers. Will they get in the semi's... frankly they'll be the only ones believing that they can... but thats all they need.
Easts by 21

The Eagles are hosting The Dragons
Yep.....
Sunnybank by 27

The Magpies are hosting the Doggies.....
Someone wrote in a report from the Bond-Souths match that "the bad Souths came out in the 2nd half"..... Never a truer word that was written. I am not so sure that home advantage will come into this and to be perfectly blunt, if it does then the Souths players need a rocket... I am not sure on any injuries with The Doggies players but Souths would still be smarting from last weekend and now missing a player through suspension that did lead...... This will be difficult. 2 players just can't win a match. Simple!
Wests by 9

Class act UQ for winning 3 games in 7 days... Rock hard that!

A busy weekend and week ahead for the phatmick as he heads down to Sydney for the annual National Schoolboys pilgrimage.... 18degrees Max with rain forecast for Tuesday - Wednesday...... Sydney at it's finest.. All I need now is the hail and electrical storms to hit.

Have a great weekend lads. Enjoy your burgers and your footy.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
The results for Round 15. Well, well, well gentlemen; wasn't that a debacle. The UQ and GPS results threw all of us on our combined arses!!
Three of the group got 75% (Refabit, Phatmik and NCWK) whilst most the rest of us got just a pass! The punt for Easts was not to be and the upset by GPS was not called by one of us. The UQ result blew out all of us in the points difference, such that it left us a winner (Refabit) on -122. Well done that man! He is also the new leader with the Sage and NCWK in hot pursuit. The new Messiah had a slow weekend, (apparently saving some third world country from war, famine and the plague, God bless him) but is still within reach.
Of the others: Nick Dobell had the week off, (not a bad suggestion for me) whilst HTC made his selection after drinking way too many Bintangs and dancing the tango on the Bali beaches.
Legend: Hot Red 4/4, percentage increase, reserved for The Messiah or friends of the Messiah,Green Green Grass of Home - status quo; Cool Blue for declines either percentage or place; and Dutch Brick for increase in percentage or one to watch, maybe "on the move".
To the results for the points difference was again close, but at an all time ridiculous level. This weeks winner was Refabit on -122, followed by NCWK -125 and a tie for third Phatmik and Sage on -138.
The results:
.1 (=1)..Refabit..-. .3/4.. 37/48..- .(-690 points) - 77%
=2 (=1).-..Sage .-..- ..2/4.. .36/48 .- ..(-653 points) - 75%
=2 (2) .-.NCWK ..-.. 3/4 ..27/36 .-...(-521 points) - 75%
3 (=2) . HTC .-..-..- .1/4.-.. 34/48.. -...(-725 points) - 71%
4 (=3) Phatmik..-.-.3/4. -.. 19/28..-. .(-508 points) - 68%
5 (=4) ..N Dobell..-. 3/4.. ..15/24.. ..(-400 points) - 63%
6 =4)..-New Rec. .-..2/4.-..12/20..-.- ..(-346 points) - 60%
Phatmik is still on the hunt and N Dobell rises one place, even though doing nothing was a good result. HTC has been dropping like a stone in the last two weeks, come'on HTC, more confidence!
Record points difference Phatmik (aka The Messiah, God, The Redeemer ..etc) Round 14 and humble HTC with -17 Round 10.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Round 15
Brothers at Toowoomba vs Bond
The Brothers camp is at a bit of a low end after the loss to Souths and this has taken a toll on morale. Will have a few players back which should bolster the ranks. Talk about giving away the home ground advantage, Toowoomba, blarrrrrrr (scotch a must!).
Bond had a good win over Souths last week and even though some players are out, the ranks are filled with good quality players to take their place. Not completely happy or convinced with some aspects of their game and they are beatable though the ruck. Whilst others say that the trip to the range is a negative, it must be remembered that both teams are travelling and Bond has more TGS players than Brothers. Not too much of a factor, I think.
Brothers need to win this one in order to prove that they are serious contenders for the title. Last time out Bond won by 14 points in a game Brothers would rather forget. This will either be close or a blow-out. Can't sell out of them now. COME'ON BROTHERS, lets do this!! Game of the Round.
Brothers by 5
Easts at home Vs GPS
Haven't seen either of these teams play and sometimes a lottery on which team will turn up on the day. Very happy for GPS win last week, well done men! However this is a must win game for Easts. Easts at home, with Norman Creek down, hot dogs and a cool breeze in their hair should have this one covered.
Now the question is by how much??
Easts by 22
Norths at home Vs The Bank
Well if the "scoring machine" is in full flight then this should be a walk-over - towards 100! However, I'm not confident that The Bank is as good as others have made out. This will be a test of their scoring ability and will give us a good indication of where there at on the "real" pecking order.
Norths must be scared from the psychological damage done last week and I think they would be brave to come within 65....hope they do.
Bank by 40
Souths at home Vs Wests
Wests were taught a lesson last weekend against GPS, i.e. you can't take anything for granted! Hopefully they will have licked their wounds and come back hard at Chipsy Wood. South had no petrol left in the second half and agree with Phatmik that you can't just have 2 players. That leaves me in a conundrum: A team I haven't seen, whom performs well against greater odds, or a team that I have seen, that scrubs higher teams???
Hmm, o'k I have it. Second closest game of the round.
Wests by 3

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Just a few thoughts. For mine I think UQ would be favourites to win the title. Save me some Champagne Refabit! I think the two uni's (Bond and UQ) are the two superior teams. With Brothers and The Bank next in line. The one point that differentiates UQ is that I think their commitment to the ruck and break-down is slightly superior to that of Bond. With Hunt and Setu back I think the backs are fairly even, with a slight edge to UQ.

Whether Easts or Brothers are fourth is still in the air, however, I feel Brothers (with 3 wins over UQ, 2 games and the trial) and Bond are probably the only two teams that may stop them.

That said finals footy is a completely different game to regular season and the previous form is only a gentle guide on the outcome on the day.

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
Morning All,

Getting to the extremely pointy end of the competition now and what a great year of Colts it has been. Uni gaining some serious momentum with fielding their best team of the year last weekend with Horan, Hunt and Setu in the backline.

My picks for this weekend:
Brothers v Bond(Bond by 8)
Easts v GPS(Easts by 15)
Norths v Bank(Bank by 20)
Souths v Wests(Wests by 8)

Have a great weekend of footy guys.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone making the trip out to the country? Would appreciate some updates on the Bond/Brothers games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Very good game at Toowoomba today, with Brothers pushing Bond to the last minute for a one point win.

Bond won the line outs convincingly, fairly even in the scrum and Brothers taking the break down, but just. Two bonus points for Brother just keep them from the Tigers claws, for the moment.

Best for Bond 2,5,7,20 (half back), 10 & 13

For Brothers 3, 6,7,8,10, 11 & 13

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
For Brothers 1,4 & 5 just not fit enough. 4&5 missed quite a number of tackles and lost the ball on several critical occasions. Very disappointing for this stage of the season and not the stuff of premiership hopefuls.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Very good game at Toowoomba today, with Brothers pushing Bond to the last minute for a one point win.

Bond won the line outs convincingly, fairly even in the scrum and Brothers taking the break down, but just. Two bonus points for Brother just keep them from the Tigers claws, for the moment.

Best for Bond 2,5,7,20 (half back), 10 & 13

For Brothers 3, 6,7,8,10,13 &14

Just downloaded and watched the game. Definitely a game of 2 halves, it makes a difference when delivery from the scrum is quick and smooth. Welcome back Harry (20).
Lots of unforced errors and tackles above the waist. Brothers #11 had a decent game as well as 10.
Bond backline need to look at passing/offloading to players in space. There were 2/3 occasions that unmarked players outside could have scored if the ball had been passed, too much NRL type play.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
The results for Round 16. A much easier round for all concerned with a couple of 100%'ers and the residual just dropping one. Not too many surprises, however the Brothers v Bond game was very close, again franking the form that "no-one is safe" in the competition this year.

The two perfect scores were for Phatmik (of course!! Enjoying the cold??) and NCWK. Both have been on a very hot streak over the last few weeks with NCWK now THE NEW LEADER!!!!! Well done NCWK, speech? speech?!

The rest scored 3 from 4 which was a "par" result for the week. The main difference was the Souths v Wests game in which 3 (NR Brissy, Refabit and HTC) went for Souths whilst the rest went for Wests. Wests won of course. My punt for the lead and glory (going for Brothers) almost came off, but not to be :(. Nick Dobell had another week off; rumour is that he is in Vegas playing a card game (rumour is as good as truth, old jungle saying!).

Legend: Hot Red 4/4, percentage increase, reserved for The Messiah or friends of the Messiah,Green Green Grass of Home - status quo; Cool Blue for declines either percentage or non "par" low score; and Dutch Brick for increase in percentage or one to watch, maybe "on the move".

The Tally:

1 (=2) .-.NCWK ..-.. 4/4 ..31/40 .-.(-555 points) - 78%
2 (1)..Refabit..-. .3/4.. 40/52..- .(-759 points) - 77%
3 (=2).-..Sage .-..- ..3/4.. .39/52 .- ..(-694 points) - 75%
4 (4) Phatmik..-.-.4/4. -.. 23/32..-. .(-536 points) - 72%
5 (3) . HTC .-..-..- .3/4.-.. 37/52.. -.(-794 points) - 71%
= 6 (5) ..N Dobell..-. -/-.. ..15/24.. ..(-400 points) - 63%
=6 (6)..-New Rec. .-..3/4.-..15/24..- ..(-346 points) - 63%

To the results for the points difference was reasonably close again; however the GREAT ONE (aka Phatmik) won on -28 points, followed by NCWK on -34 and Sage on -41 (sick of coming third!!).

Record points difference Phatmik (aka The Messiah, God, The Redeemer ..etc) Round 14 and humble HTC with -17 Round 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.