• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I think The Sage must have locked himself in the cellar after last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No not in the cellar, just away and busy for the last 6 days. It doesn't rain it pours! So what's happening??

HTC enjoying that Bintang?

Will do an update for the last two rounds shortly after the completion of round 12. I think we have a new leader!! (refabit - whooo hoo.....they thought you'd never make...but you finally come through! - well done mate).

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Well back on board and finally the results for Round 12 are in.....phew!
The results below are completed to Round 13.
A fairly even result this week, with those in the cellar (or once resided there for a period) having the best of it, for Round 12. Those who selected UQ over the hard to beat Bond, were well rewarded, even though few would have imagined how that was going to occur at the time. The Bank v Brothers game also split the group with the Bank selection scoring well.
As a matter of fact all the games were close for the round with 3 points in two games and 7 points in the other two. That's is probably the lowest points difference for the year and shows how close the competition really is. We continue to see the determined rise of the "outsiders" (Wests, Easts and Souths) as they fight for that 4th spot. Even Norths and GPS provide some heart flutters from time to time and no teams can take chances, irrespective of whom the opposition is.
To the results: all I can say is why? why? Nick Dobell why did you take Norths? One away from a perfect score. This weeks winner was NCWK with a perfect score! well done buddy; "Come in wheel barrows drive away in Cadillac's" is now his new motto. That time in the cellar served you well and he is on a hot streak, but can it continue? NCWK also won the points difference with just -28 the equal third lowest. To round out the top three points differences were Sage on - 34 and Nick Dobell on -37.
The results:
1 (1) .... HTC .. .3/4.. 31/40 .. ..(-537 points) - percentage 77%
= 1 (1)..Sage .. .3/4.. .31/40 . ..(-481 points) - 77%
= 1 (1)..Refabit. .3/4.. 31/40.. .(-527 points) - 77%
2 (2) ...NCWK .. .. 4/4 ..21/28 ..(-371 points) - 75%
3 (3)...New Rec. .3/4.. ..8/12.. ..(-180 points) - 67%
= 3 (=4) Phatmik.2/4. . 12/20.. .(-353 points) - 60%
4 (=4) N Dobell. . 3/4.. ..12/20.. ..(-358 points) - 60%
The top four continue on their ways with NCWK improving his percentage and points difference. Nick Dobell in what can only be described as a "bold" move is looking to leave Phatmik in the cellar. The early selection doesn't seem to be working in Phatmik's favour at this stage.
Record points difference HTC with -17 Round 10.
Round 15 will create more interest as Souths take on the depleted Bond away and The Bank meet the resurgent Easts.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Couple of injuries for Bond last night will make Saturday's game interesting too.

I think that the last couple of weeks is taking there toll on all teams. However at home, good surfing conditions, and depth will count. I am still leaning towards Bond, but just.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeah concerning though that J Quirk (handy loose forward) is in doubt and centre Riley is out, not that he has seen much ball this season, so I'm leaning towards Souths for this one besides I think the quick and slick J Ngamanu is back from injury.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Round 15 this Saturday:
BOND host SOUTHS
Bond smarting from last nite and a few missing. Playing the Filth nemesis. But Souths form too patchy.
Bond by 7.

NORTHS home to UQ
I don't even feel confident tipping the witches hats for the bye. Will take the flat track bullies in a canter.
UQ by 22

SUNNYBANK vs EASTS
The point scoring machines will have too many guns.
Bank by 12

Wests vs GPS
GPS are about due - but I just cant bring myself to tip them.
Wests by 10

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Round 15
Bond at home Vs South
Last week Souths taught the Brethren how to kneel and pray. This week they take on Bond at the Coast. The battle between the orthodox and the break down scrappers. Bond with a few injuries and players missing, whilst Souths enjoy a return of a play-maker (Ngamanu) and hopefully the services of their #7.
Last time out Souths won this one, but that was at the Nest. Inconsistency a concern for Souths.
This will be a close affair, however, I think the home ground advantage and the depth will see Bond take this one. Second best game of the Round and a must win for Souths.
Bond by 5
Norths at home Vs UQ
UQ have just scrapped home in their last three. However, I think this shows a determination and a willingness to win. Norths have been very inconsistent and with just one win from 12, the figures don't lie.
UQ will win this one unless Kedron Brooke overflows again (when they will win it at another time). A landslide!
UQ by 25
The Bank at home Vs Easts
The Bank, the apparent scoring machines, have not had it all their own way of late. In the forwards they have a similar unorthodox style of play to Souths, however the backs do challenge and beat defenses that are lazy or not committed. Still some question marks for me.
They take on the rejuvenated Easts who are desperately fighting to stay in touch with the top 4 teams. Unlike Wests, Easts seem to have a back line to add to a handy set of forwards. They have had there fair share of narrow losses and are coming good at the right end of the season.
Last time out The Bank won by 10; with Easts form, this is a toss of the coin. Will the home ground advantage be enough to save The Bank? I think not. Game of the Round.
Easts by 3
Wests at home Vs GPS
Wests, with their hardcore forward pact take on the hapless GPS at home. I have been cheering hard for GPS and to be quite honest, my throat needs a break (sorry Jeeps). Last time out Wests won in a canter (23 points) and with the "spotty" form of GPS in recent weeks I can't have Jeeps winning this one.
Wests by 18

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Wests v GPS - Wests to romp it in by 20
Sunnybank v Easts - Bank by 10
Norths v UQ - UQ by 21
Souths v Bond - im going for a sneaky upset Souths (no Ngamanu though - but Farrell on the flank is huge) by 4

phatmik

Herbert Moran (7)
Hallelujah my brothers and sisters.... Hallelujah

The weekend is upon us which means burgers and rugby.....

The only person who may not be looking forward to this weekend is The Cheka....

Now everyone stand ...... song book out.... turn to page 31 and we shall all sing this weekends tips......

the Roger Moores hosting Souths.
Impressive new_recruit_brisbane, not many people knew about you jet Shoes being out this weekend. You MUST be on the inside looking out. This game is bloody tricky with injuries and limited training due to field closures. This could be anything, close, big margins. The scrolls are showing "stick with form phatmick"
Bond by 12

Norths hosting the Toga Party lads
Once again a midweek game for UQ with Norths fresh from their weekend off fishing. I have watched a UQ Colts training session and physical and structured would be understatements. It'll be tough as this fantastic competition should be so sticking with HTC - 2
UQ by 10

The Dragons playing Easts at Oldmac
I'm hearing that many rumours with Sunnybank re player movements both in and out it was like listening to my wife read me an article from The Womans Day.... I can't apply the HTC formula here as I think at Oldmac the dragons step up regardless. It'll be close but
SUNNYBANK by 3

The Dogs V GPS
The dogs are let out and on the loose with this one.
WESTS by 13

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
Loving the coverage boys, outstanding...a far better thread than the prems one with far better chat and analysis.

Glad to see I'm not bottom feeding and slowly edging my way towards the nose-bleeding heights of the summit of this epic struggle for supremacy.

In Eurovision style the results from the Ukranian judges are as follows...Russia 10 points...oh sorry wrong comp.

UQ by 18 over Norths
Bond by 12 over Souths
Wests by 15 over GPS
Bank by 7 over Easts.

What a great comp we have this year.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Some good tips above and some fabulous commentary.

I hopefully be at the Bond v Souths game, enjoying the pies and hot dogs.
Will keep you posted on the result.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Morning guys. Quite a warm day, here at bond 20 no wind. Score after 5, 7-0 to bond. They have had all the ball and field position and using it well.

Souths a bit more ball, but not respecting it with errors. Bond bringing on Leader? 20 m in Bond 12-0. Try to Stewart. Bond forwards dominating

12-7 10 from half time. Too many errors from both teams; the last just cost Bond a try. Something made of nothing; R Pita sees the back row and half of bond asleep, makes a dash from the 10 m line t the try line. 19-14 to Bond HT. Looks like pita is injured after that try.

Players for Souths: 6 & 9. With 9 making all the running. For Bond: 5,6,9,10, 11 &14. Stewart controlling it well with plenty of opportunities.

Bond holding in the scrums and convincingly winning the line outs. Also controlling the game, with Souths tries coming from counterattacks rather than sustained buildup of pressure.

Here comes the second half. Strap yrselves in

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Same as the first half. Bond controlling the ruck and ball; try off a line out move. Great kick from the sideline ; 26-14

Lack of defence from the kickoff good run, easy ball to the right, 12 ovvvaaaa. Kick missed 31-14. G Luke on

Sustained pressure and control see bonds fb score on the left hand flank. Conversion missed. Landslide on here; 36-14

Too easy for Bond, controlling it all; Souths don't have much to show; 43-14. Another try, great run from Luka, few rucks later pass to Ball inside tryyyyyy, conversion good. 50-14. Souths need to go through kick off drill. About the Sixth run no defence easy yards to Bond.

Souths not giving up. Couple of penalties their way, controlling the ball, good rolling mall and try besides the post. Conversion good 50-21. Souths player red carded (punching?)

Another try Bond; a little too easy. 57-21. Time to tap Souths. Full time. Good win to bond. Second half much better display by both teams even though the lack of tackling at the break down did cost Souths.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
UQ with shots to all parts of the boundary taking a liking to all the bowlers.
Decided to declare when the century loomed.

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Souths not giving up. Couple of penalties their way, controlling the ball, good rolling mall and try besides the post. Conversion good 50-21. Souths player red carded (punching?)

Another try Bond; a little too easy. 57-21. Time to tap Souths. Full time. Good win to bond. Second half much better display by both teams even though the lack of tackling at the break down did cost Souths.

Loss of Pita and Farrell really hurt Souths. Farrell only person slowing down Bond ball and pinching a few turn overs and Pita providing some great spark in attack and cover defense.

Bond too big and cohesive - unfortunately it was the 'bad' Souths that came out in the 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.