• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Well had one last week for the Premier North (Union) play list, and made a few changes.:

Premier North Colts

(1) Harry Hoopert - Brothers
(2) Effie Maafu - Wests
(3) Josh Graham - Wests
(4) Harry Hocking - UQ
(5) Emmanuel Meafou - Brothers
(6) Jackson Evans - Brothers
(7) Tom Zappala - Brothers
(8) Castlyn Dewet - Wests
(9) Jac Van Eeden - Wests
(10) Alex Horan - UQ
(11) Lorenzo Skelton - Brothers
(12) Tony Hunt - UQ
(13) Liam Richman - Brothers
(14) Kailab Conventry - Brothers
(15) Chris Morgan - Brothers

(16) Laterell Soli - Brothers
(17) Robby MaCaffrey - Brothers
(18) Will Wilson - Brothers
(19) Rhys Martin - Brothers
(20) Jodan Lenac - UQ
(21) Joshua Fernandez - Wests
(22) Kalala Meni - UQ
(23) Cliton Setu - UQ

Not that this comp is even on!! But a discussion piece, like a bad painting on the wall.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Apparently just been awarded the "Tom Lawton" Snr. I played two years against his grandson Tom Lawton Jnr (TSS) and had some Qld schoolboys time with him....Great bloke and excellent hooker. Man beast!

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thanks sage for seeking my opinion. You see faith where others don't - not even me. I think I have tipped every losing team in finals so far!

(And thanks for all your good work carrying this thread).

With that inspiring form I am going to tip Sunnybank by 10. They will stand offside all day like the semi final and employ a rush defence to stifle the Bond backs. Short range tries will abound arising from field position and plenty of penalty goals after over-eager back-row pilfering gets pinged.
Bond will struggle with cohesion when their winger and halfback (the two Harrys) go off injured (injuries brought into game). By the time Gavin Luka comes off the bench with dynamic impact the game will be over.

If Bond wins it will be despite the coaches, who will scratch their heads and wonder why half the squad leaves the club next year (Hint: Look in the mirror).
Refabit, I too don't quite understand the persistent tight game plan (easy for opponents to figure out) but Bond Colts have achieved a finals berth and no matter the outcome I think the boys have enjoyed and will be back next year. The boys have played well despite, as you put it, cohesion. I'd put it down to lack of trust in each other's ability. They are a young group that have come from different playing backgrounds.
Well done boys whatever the the result as long as you play your best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phatmik

Herbert Moran (7)
If he doesn't put his GF tip in is that negative points????

Also if HTC takes the win does that mean he gets drug tested before the medal ceremony begins????

After all we are in an Olympic year..........

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
If he doesn't put his GF tip in is that negative points????

Also if HTC takes the win does that mean he gets drug tested before the medal ceremony begins????

After all we are in an Olympic year....
Phatmik it looks like it is just you and me tipping Bond for a win? I'll gladly take the test as long as you are not testing for rugbyephedrine I'll be ok.

RR2014

Bob McCowan (2)
Well guys great reading when away and watching the tipsters play out over the last few weeks and who knows their stuff about Colts in 2016.
Just to throw a couple more names into Colt of the Year scenario the Sunnybank 10 and 15 and also 8.
McNamara was away with the Aust U20's and played every game and when back in town played very well. Coward has had a good season as well just look at his stats top point scorer in Prem Colts by a fair way, and has signed with the Aussie Men's 7's so not bad considering only played this season here in Brisbane. Agree with Bonds 10 Stewart but let's see what happens tomorrow it will be a close one. Looking forward tot he Sunnybank and Binds back battle it out after the forwards go hard at each other.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
^^^^^^
Agree with your sentiments RR2014. Goods points there.

Got a tip. Thinking green?

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
UQ won Colt 2 yesterday, but missed the score (just). Bothers won Colts 1 - 17-10 in a close and hard fought game.

Left Brothers club at 10.30 last night and there were some very sorry sites already. Hope those headaches aren't too bad guys: big day today.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Interesting insight Refabit! Granted the coaches have had good cattle to work with but still need to mould and develop the combinations into one that can compete in this grade. Over half the Prem colts will still be eligible so will see if your prophecy is indeed accurate. I would say the head coach Brad Harris will not be back as he's more accustomed to seniors so if Sean Hedger doesn't have him in his plans he's likely to look elsewhere.
Oh and my tip today will be for the Bank to get up! The loss of Nucifora is huge and Coward is due to run more kick less and there is no one on the park who can keep pace with him

Thanks sage for seeking my opinion. You see faith where others don't - not even me. I think I have tipped every losing team in finals so far!

(And thanks for all your good work carrying this thread).

With that inspiring form I am going to tip Sunnybank by 10. They will stand offside all day like the semi final and employ a rush defence to stifle the Bond backs. Short range tries will abound arising from field position and plenty of penalty goals after over-eager back-row pilfering gets pinged.
Bond will struggle with cohesion when their winger and halfback (the two Harrys) go off injured (injuries brought into game). By the time Gavin Luka comes off the bench with dynamic impact the game will be over.

If Bond wins it will be despite the coaches, who will scratch their heads and wonder why half the squad leaves the club next year (Hint: Look in the mirror).

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well done Sunnybank, Bond were beaten up front at their own game where they play most of their footy. Can't help thinking Harry N would have made a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.