• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Eagle

Stan Wickham (3)
Looking at the team lists it does't surprise me that S'bank, UQ and Brothers are in the top 4. Each of those teams have several names which can be recognized from GPS 1st XV, QLD school boys, Australian schoolboys and Reds U20's.
However, Wests, sitting at the top spot on the ladder, has me fascinated. I was not expecting them to be still sitting so high at this stage in the comp, in fact I wasn't even expecting them to be in the top 4. Who are these boys? I don't recognize any names from any of the pathways mentioned above. and for this reason alone, I am fascinated. Well done to those that recruited them, the coaches and players for doing so well so far. I will certainly be watching this team with more interest.
Next weeks game, UQ v Brothers will be brilliant! I also think these two will play again in the finals.
Exactly a team without all the rep players yet on top of the ladder. Maybe the selectors should be giving other players an opportunity or at least looking beyond their pre selected lists of players. Wests v UQ 22 all final score. What an amazing game of football, the perfect score to a great game!

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
What a magnificent advertisement for the competition today in the prem colts game. The skill level, the intensity and the character shown by both sides was great to see. It ebbed and flowed back and forth...Uni showed great resolve in defending endless phases from Wests and then got a try having had no field position. 10-3 at HT but the 2nd half was honestly one of the best and most enjoyable games of football I've been at for some time. 15-3 down Wests got to 17-15 up and then Uni hit back for 22-17. The 2nd Wests try must have had 6/7 offloads in it. A fair result and most likely these sides will meet at least once more. I was glad for our boys to get away with the draw. That Wests side is excellent to watch(my 3rd/4th time seeing them this year). Uni showed all the resolve and attacking sharpness to show how far they've come in the last few weeks. A fair result at the end of the day.
Best for UQ-McDermott, Hunt, Oates.
Wests-Hooker, 10 and the wing/full back with white tipped hair-what a player he is

James Small

Bob McCowan (2)
Exactly a team without all the rep players yet on top of the ladder. Maybe the selectors should be giving other players an opportunity or at least looking beyond their pre selected lists of players. Wests v UQ 22 all final score. What an amazing game of football, the perfect score to a great game!

Talent certainly plays a large part in the selection and success of sporting teams. Heart and the willingness to be coached is however what makes a team great. This is evident from the success of the Wests Prem Colts side this year. Cudos to the coaches for what they have achieved with these boys. Keep doing what you are doing. It is making the comp very interesting.

A little further from home similar success has been achieved with the Lions Super Rugby team. There are no superstars in this side. They have a bunch of good young players who want to be there and a good coach and leader.

We could all learn from teams like this.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Just been watching the U/19 Presidents team vs QLD Country and it has me excited for hopeful three peat of Super u/20 Chanpionships next year.
Having a crack at a QLD u/20 team. Would love to know your thoughts.

1. Harry Hoopert (Brothers)
2. Efi Maafu (Wests)
3. Lloyd Gorman (Sunnybank)
4. Angus Blyth (Bond)
5. Harry Hockings (Uni)
6. Patrick Tafa (Sunnybank)
7. Fraser McReight (Brothers)
8. Tipene Mavoa (Bond)
9. Tate McDermott (Uni)
10. Hamish Stewart (Bond)
11. Ratu Niumatawalu (Souths)
12. Isaac Lucas (Sunnybank)
13. Tony Hunt (Uni)
14. Will Eadie (Uni)
15. Lawson Creighton (Brothers)
RESERVES
16. Sean Farrell (Uni)
17. Moses Alo-Emile (?)
18. Brooklin Toia (Wests)
19. Zac Shepperd (Sunnybank)
20. Jeral Skelton (Brothers)
21. Rueben Wall (Brothers)
22. Jordan Petaia (?)
23. Joe Mar (Wests)

Thoughts?
Any notable omissions?

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
I reckon you won't be far away but I could think of a few more of the prem colts comp leaders players that would be in the mix(entire front row and winger with blue head protector from BSHS...Shay??).
Also I think Kyle Oates and Sam Wallis(Uni) and Fenner(Sunnybank) would be in the mix.
Always an interesting conversation for sure and I'm sure there will be others who I have missed but I don't think you.ll be far away.
However, there is no way on this earth that Joe Mar from Wests is a bench player in any team. He'd be one of the first names on there in my opinion.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Josh Nasser is also not on this list and he played 20's last year. I'm hopeful that Jordan Petatia is the only one straight out of school. Wallis should be picked but I think Fenner is off to the Brumbies

TBOY

Bob McCowan (2)
Bond Vs Brothers game on the weekend appeared close on the scoreboard. Anyone get to the game ?

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bond Vs Brothers game on the weekend appeared close on the scoreboard. Anyone get to the game ?

Very close, successful and missed penaltys the difference in last 10 minutes. Bond were a very good side, they were a very different side to round 1

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Australian schoolboys announced:
Interesting the traditional recruiting Sharks for clubs and super-franchises cirlcling. A few of these boys have already committed to franchises.
  • Rumoured Jordan Petaia may have been approached by the Chief's but apparently hes staying in Qld. Sunnybank, Wests or Uni?
  • Moses Alo-Emile Wests?
  • Harry Wilson: rugby or cricket? Very talented athlete
  • Noa Lolesio : Bond?
AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLBOYS TEAMS ANNOUNCED

by ASRU on July 8, 2017 in News
AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLS
FIRST NAME LAST NAME TEAM SCHOOL
Bo Abra N1 St Stanislaus College
Angus Bell N2 (no 1) Newington College
Darcy Breen N1 The Scots College
Lachlan Connors Q2 St Patrick’s College
Ben Donaldson N1 Waverley College
Nick Frost N1 Knox Grammar School
Albert Hopoate N1 St Augustine’s College
Trevor Hosea Q1 Brisbane Boys College
Ciaran Loh N1 The King’s School
Noah Lolesio Q1 The Southport School
Lachlan Lonergan ACT Trinity Christian College
Luca Moretti N1 Waverley College
Jordan Petaia Q1 Brisbane State High School
Charlie Rorke N1 St Ignatius College, Riverview
Seamus Smith ACT Marist College
Carlo Tizzano WA Trinity College
Josh Vuta Q2 Somerset College
Harry Wilson Q1 St Josephs College Gregory Terrace
Thomas Woodcock N1 Knox Grammar School
Finn Wright N2 Waverley College

AUSTRALIAN BARBARIAN SCHOOLS
FIRST NAME LAST NAME TEAM SCHOOL
Moses Alo-Emile Q1 Brisbane State High School
Oliver Barden Vic Brighton Grammar School
Marco Bell N2 Waverley College
Max Douglas N1 St Augustine’s College
Max Dowd Q1 The Southport School
Apenisa Driti N1 Griffith High School
William Goddard ACT St Edmund’s College
Kohan Herbert Q2 Downlands College
Phoenix Hunt Q1 St Joseph’s College Nudgee
Tom Iles ACT Marist College
Brendan Jiminez ACT St Edmund’s College
Tom Kibble Q1 Brisbane Boys College
William Lloyd N1 Barker College
Brody MacAskill WA Aranmore Catholic College
Cullen Ngamanu Q1 Brisbane Boys College
Lachlan Osborne ACT Canberra Grammar School
Campbell Parata Q1 The Southport School
Alex Sa’aga Vic Melbourne Grammar School
Egan Siggs Q1 The Southport School
Jack Winchester Combined States Bishop Druitt College
Tom Yassmin N2
The Scot’s College

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Speculating of course :) :
gwm: A coach+ gps school + progressive club = influential power play(recruitment) like all Premier clubs who would do the same.
Your theory??

I know they played a couple of trial games at the club and the whole front row were extremely impressive. Maybe someone saw that potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.