• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2022

Ruck n Maul

Herbert Moran (7)
UQ over GPS today 6 tries to 3 (may have missed 1 or 2 tries?) UQ looked pretty good, much older than our younger side and it showed.
My souths fan tells me they beat easts & my wests man tells me norths beat them.
This season promises a lot based on this (yes trial form though). Gee Easts V Norths sounds like a cracking match up next week based on the last 2 weeks.

Ozwhip

Bob McCowan (2)
I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not but for those that are interested, you can see the Team Lists for the various age group categories on Rugby Explorer. If you follow a particular team like the Wallabies, Wallaroos, Reds M & W, Brothers etc like in my case; all you have to do is click on the Teams icon, click on the Fixtures icon and then Pick a Team in the drop-down menu. Once you pick a team their most recent schedule and opposition will come up and when you click on it you will have Match Stats, Lineups and Movements. Click on Lineups and the Team Lists will show. I did this with Brothers Colts 1 and it showed me their Team List and also that of their trials opposition today, Sunnybank. I also saw their Team List from the trial v GPS last week.
Cheers!...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220402-213340_Rugby Xplorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20220402-213340_Rugby Xplorer.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 213
  • Screenshot_20220402-213320_Rugby Xplorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20220402-213320_Rugby Xplorer.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 213
  • Screenshot_20220402-213427_Rugby Xplorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20220402-213427_Rugby Xplorer.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 220
  • Screenshot_20220402-213439_Rugby Xplorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20220402-213439_Rugby Xplorer.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 205
D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Looks like GPS played close to their no 1 team in Dalby. UQ looked real sharp to roll them 6 tries to 3.

here’s a scary thought
UQ prems beat GPS 17-12. UQ took 4 tight head scrums by push over.
UQ no 2, 3, 4, 5 all still eligible to play Colts. No1 and 7 are in second year of grades. No 6 first year of grades. Not sure on the No 8. That is a very young forward pack to clearly dominated the GPS outfit.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Great to see that Souths Junior Colts have taken out back to back Lightning Competition Premierships by defeating University Under 18's by 19-5 in the Grand Final this afternoon. Well done to the Mighty Magpies and their coaches and managers.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
Great to see that Souths Junior Colts have taken out back to back Lightning Competition Premierships by defeating University Under 18's by 19-5 in the Grand Final this afternoon. Well done to the Mighty Magpies and their coaches and managers.
Good weekend all round by the sounds of it. A magpie for me!

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
Looks like GPS played close to their no 1 team in Dalby. UQ looked real sharp to roll them 6 tries to 3.

here’s a scary thought
UQ prems beat GPS 17-12. UQ took 4 tight head scrums by push over.
UQ no 2, 3, 4, 5 all still eligible to play Colts. No1 and 7 are in second year of grades. No 6 first year of grades. Not sure on the No 8. That is a very young forward pack to clearly dominated the GPS outfit.
I would expect they might play Colts or Reggies. Unless UQ has lost a lot of grade players?
The score (17-12) doesn't look like total domination. How were GPS able to stay in it?

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

I would expect they might play Colts or Reggies. Unless UQ has lost a lot of grade players?
The score (17-12) doesn't look like total domination. How were GPS able to stay in it?
a very late soft try made the score a bit more respectable.
The norths lads all look good.
Reality is they all will be core reggies with a bit of Prems time off the bench and for injuries I think.

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
The 4 hookers picked for U19s Maroon and U19s White last year and therefore all still eligible for Colts are:

Tyrone Albertyn (Bond) and Angus Sawtell (Souths)
Jake Tierney (UQ) and Ronin Nutley (Brothers)

Any of them likely to start in QPR First Grade in 22 or is 23 more likely?

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

The 4 hookers picked for U19s Maroon and U19s White last year and therefore all still eligible for Colts are:

Tyrone Albertyn (Bond) and Angus Sawtell (Souths)
Jake Tierney (UQ) and Ronin Nutley (Brothers)

Any of them likely to start in QPR First Grade in 22 or is 23 more likely?
I believe most of them have been training and trialing with their prem grade outfits so far.

I guess it will depend on who else each club has for the position.

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
Any Bond supporters on here? They should give this comp a shake? Any reports on trial matches?

They would have 9 reps eligible from the U19 teams for a strong Colts 1 side
- Aholei, Albertyn, Kelly-Knowles, Martin, Patelesio-Faamausili, Mayes, Mitchell, Stewart and Dowling.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Any Bond supporters on here? They should give this comp a shake? Any reports on trial matches?

They would have 9 reps eligible from the U19 teams for a strong Colts 1 side
- Aholei, Albertyn, Kelly-Knowles, Martin, Patelesio-Faamausili, Mayes, Mitchell, Stewart and Dowling.
they played a 3 way a couple of weeks ago against Sunnybank and UQ.

From what I hear UQ outplayed them by a couple of tries but no real info came my way.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Might as well get the thread going with news of the next season, starting with coaches?

Norths - Dan Ritchie (HC) with Ben Cameron and Tomasi Donnell as Assistant Coaches.
Brothers - Greg Beaver (HC) with James Pritchard and Michael Gilbert as ACs
Easts - ??
GPS - Sio Kite (HC) with Lewis Torkington AC
Wests - ??
Uni - Matt Ingram (HC) with Herman Hunt and John Slater as ACs
Souths - Cian O'Connor as HC
Sunnybank - Brendan Underwood (HC) with Russell Todd as AC
Bond - ??

Any gaps that can be filled?

Hearing Easts, through Benny Mowen has been active and there is potential for a super exciting backline with Taj Anan, David Vaihu, and Lazlo Sword all combining.

Any other movements?
Anyone add to this post?

Ruck n Maul

Herbert Moran (7)
Looking forward to seeing our young troops take on an improved bank tomorrow, the comp really needs the bank to be competitive.

Brothers v Uni will be a good match up, I reckon Uni will be too strong based on what I’ve seen from both sides.

Souths v wests should be interesting, both teams performed well v Easts but both lost to Norths.

Easts v Norths will be a cracker I’m predicting. I’m told there’s been some quite ordinary comments made from easts coaching staff on their social group pages regarding Norths ability to compete that is doing the rounds that should add some fuel to fire, which my easts friends tell me hasn’t gone down well with the powers that be at tiger land.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Looking forward to seeing our young troops take on an improved bank tomorrow, the comp really needs the bank to be competitive.

Brothers v Uni will be a good match up, I reckon Uni will be too strong based on what I’ve seen from both sides.

Souths v wests should be interesting, both teams performed well v Easts but both lost to Norths.

Easts v Norths will be a cracker I’m predicting. I’m told there’s been some quite ordinary comments made from easts coaching staff on their social group pages regarding Norths ability to compete that is doing the rounds that should add some fuel to fire, which my easts friends tell me hasn’t gone down well with the powers that be at tiger land.
Keen to hear how this match went?

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)

The Souths v Wests was interesting with Souths coming out resounding winners 42(6 converted tries) -12.
Souths won all three Colts grades.