• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Ctry v Rams — Thurs 18th Sept — @ Ballymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Penalty try that absolutely fucking wasn't.

Blue players running around and through the Rams ruck in the last 10 minutes without any sanction.

Fucking awful game from Hoffman.

The fact that we couldn't hang onto the ball was the ultimate killer as we fucking owned long portions of that game and should have won by 30.

Wheatman

Chris McKivat (8)
Finally a win for the country lads. Thought the 8 (Adams) for QC (Quade Cooper) had a cracking game, worked well with Beau. Maybe meehan could be Reds defence coach?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Penalty try that absolutely fucking wasn't.

Blue players running around and through the Rams ruck in the last 10 minutes without any sanction.

Fucking awful game from Hoffman.

The fact that we couldn't hang onto the ball was the ultimate killer as we fucking owned long portions of that game and should have won by 30.
Thought the rams big bopper touched / took the ball into to many rucks and mauls and thus slowing down the phase play. Possibly it is just the combos building.
When McKenzie and Chiz touched the ball there was some spark - something could have happened.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Jees, you wouldn't realise that the Country coach is a backs coach, would you? Their attack is just so pedestrian. In some painful ways Country remind me of the Reds from this year. Rams looked a lot more threatening on attack.

Scrums were a mess a bit, but the Rams starting LHP to me seemed to pack at 45 degrees quite often, even Woodcock would be proud of that.

That first penalty try looked a little harsh, but Country definitely should have had another penalty try later on. Shades of Phil Waugh in the Reds game a few years back, you repack enough scrums and eventually one will be stable / the ball will shoot out and you will have lost all advantage.

Also good to see the Quade Cooper interview, hopefully he's back for City in two weeks.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
That first penalty try looked a little harsh, but Country definitely should have had another penalty try later on. Shades of Phil Waugh in the Reds game a few years back
That was the image in my mind also.

I know you don't rate Meehan but I know he can get sides playing good quality running rugby.

TBF, he's not doing it with this team right now, but that could be one of several reasons.

Reactions: Ash

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hoffman should be sacked for deliberately not calling that knock on before Country's last try. Pure arrogance.

No way a referee should be allowed to get away with that.

Jordan Gillespie

Frank Row (1)
Scrappy match overall. Too many knock-ons and penalties. Is it just me or are these refs trying to turn the scrums into league, the forwards may as well stand up in a group and just take a quick tap at the back. 'the Hoff' seemed to like the sound of his own whistle over any actual play. Really a penalty try to a non dominate scrum WAS RIDICULOUS! The 5 or so scrum resets would have been a more understandable penalty try, but seriously what was Hoffman thinking and the missed knock-on leading to the JJT try cmon fundamental reefing skills.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Is it just me or are these refs trying to turn the scrums into league, the forwards may as well stand up in a group and just take a quick tap at the back.

What are you talking about?

The Rams' THP Guy Millar was getting reamed by Holmes and he knew it. He was collapsing and going early - whatever he could get away with - to avoid being torn a new hole.

That's why there was scrum after scrum around 65 - 70 minutes.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

The Rams' THP Guy Millar was getting reamed by Holmes and he knew it. He was collapsing and going early - whatever he could get away with - to avoid being torn a new hole.

When Holmes wasn't binding the arm and falling down, you mean.

Jordan Gillespie

Frank Row (1)

The Rams' THP Guy Millar was getting reamed by Holmes and he knew it. He was collapsing and going early - whatever he could get away with - to avoid being torn a new arse hole.

i think your a bit confused, holmes was against Jed Gillespie and was practically walking backwards and the number 1 against Guy Millar looked like his was trying to bite his own ass, I've never seen anyone lever so much.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
i think your a bit confused, holmes was against Jed Gillespie and was practically walking backwards and the number 1 against Guy Millar looked like his was trying to bite his own ass, I've never seen anyone lever so much.

Yeah I meant the other bloke - Harshimarky. Millar was not able to hold the pressure!

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
So you are saying the Rams scrum was on top through JG holding back and Millar dominating.

The Hoff just cheated them out of all those scrums?

Jordan Gillespie

Frank Row (1)
So you are saying the Rams scrum was on top through JG holding back and Millar dominating.

The Hoff just cheated them out of all those scrums?
Lots of the penalties were justified, some as in almost every game went the wrong way. but I'm saying that neither of them were getting "torn a new asshole" but rather the scrum just went to ground which happens when you have 3 people holding almost a ton behind them on each side. And back to my original point about the scrums which you didn't pick up was that the amount of penalties all up was ridiculous and the refs calling anything and everything up. watching the ITM cup the refs just let the scrums go most of the time and don't worry about every single scrum being perfect which most of the time isn't going to happen, exhibit A tonights game.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Lots of the penalties were justified, some as in almost every game went the wrong way.
Well I agree with that (and I said the penalty try was harsh at the time).

but I'm saying that neither of them were getting "torn a new asshole" but rather the scrum just went to ground which happens when you have 3 people holding almost a ton behind them on each side
And something you didn't quite pick up on was I said he was trying "to avoid being torn" a new arse hole - by collapsing it, pushing early, taking it to ground. This was after getting reamed and rolled back on the first scrum 7m out at around the 65th minute. Country had the dominant scrum.

And back to my original point about the scrums which you didn't pick up was that the amount of penalties all up was ridiculous and the refs calling anything and everything up. watching the ITM cup the refs just let the scrums go most of the time and don't worry about every single scrum being perfect which most of the time isn't going to happen, exhibit A tonights game.
Meh, all those scrum penalties in a row were fine.

And anyway - did anyone take the 2 points? Nah. They were the same as a scrum reset anyway.

Jordan Gillespie

Frank Row (1)
Well I agree with that (and I said the penalty try was harsh at the time).

Something you didn't quite pick up was I said he was trying "to avoid being torn" a new arse hole - by collapsing it, pushing early, taking it to ground. This was after getting reamed and rolled back on the first scrum 7m out at around the 65th minute. Country had the dominant scrum.

Meh, all those scrum penalties in a row were fine.

And anyway - did anyone take the 2 points? Nah. They were the same as a scrum reset anyway.

Did you even watch the game? if you rewatch it you can clearly see that the majority of the time it was the Number 1 against guy that was levering from the waste... I'm not saying that id didn't happen the other way to. And most of those early engage and leaning in penalties were shit, there is only an inch between props during the pause in scrums anyway and there trying to hold back 800+ kgs, id like to see you try. hoff penalising both teams was unjustified and the amount of time he made them hold during engagement was ridiculous, its like saying that the half backs are incapable of feeding the ball until it is completely still, its way to high of a expectation to have, and leads to way to many penalties slowing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.