• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Ctry v Rams — Thurs 18th Sept — @ Ballymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

saulih

the number 1 against Guy Millar looked like his was trying to bite his own ass, I've never seen anyone lever so much.

Full disclosure: I am related to said number 1. While Gillespie is a common enough name, you wouldn't happen to be related to Jed?

The ref can be wrong a few times a match, but your saying that Hoff and the touch judges completely missed the most obvious hinging/levering a prop has done (in your viewing experience). With the scrum count in this match and the number of opportunities for them to pick up on this hinging it seems surprising that they didn't call a hinging penalty (to my recollection) in the whole game.

I think a close review of the game will show you that it was Millar most of the time on the back foot, loosing footing, and resulting in the collapsing. He didn't help his cause by resorting to binding on the arm either.

Did Haydn have a perfect game? No, the Hoff pinged him at least once for binding on the arm. But to claim that all he did was to hinge, and that is why Millar kept landing in the dust is utter BS.

While not totally impartial, I believe this is still a fair assessment of the Rams THP/QC (Quade Cooper) LHP game.

BTW, if you do happen to scour up some convincing image of my nephew trying to bite his own ass please post it. I would love to post it to his Facebook page

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Haven't heard Mr D, but was fairly small crowd I thought. Would of counted them but was over 20, so once I take of my shoes I still can't count much higher than that:oops:

Thanks Dan54, we don't want you to suffer an injury from contorting your body!!
Mrs Doug and I felt that the 14,000 plus crowd at Wallabies vs Pumas match was small, but passionate, and we all enjoyed the experience. I don't think I've heard a more enthusiastic rendition of the National Anthem from the grandstands! Possibly a message to any IS recruits watching?!

S

saulih

Anthony Fainga'a knocks on from Jed Holloway's pass.

Game time: 72:08

The ball never made contact with Ant's hand?! He reached to intercept but the Holloway's pass was too good. If the touch was made, why was there no perceptible change in the ball's angle? I see absolutely no deviation at all.

Besides, if you want a game to be ruled with this much precision and rulebook pedantry you may as well watch NFL. Why else do they have five hundred officials, flags, play reviews, team challenges and minutes of waiting for a bloody decision? The NFL game lovers love players abilities to precisely play within a rulebook. We get the better alternative a free flowing sport guided by laws and a single law-interpreting judge, jury and executioner like the Hoff. (Edit: And I WOULD take an average game like this one adjudicated by the Hoff over three plus hours (11mins game time) of "any given sunday" NFL.)

Status
Not open for further replies.