• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS 2023

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Frank Nicholson (4)
Based on the trial matches I’ve seen over the past couple of weeks, I sense this years GPS 1st XV competition will be as close as it’s ever been. Nudgee is the only school I haven’t seen play so this weekends trial vs Churchie should be very interesting as I’d be imagine each respective 1st XV Head Coach will start to narrow down and lock in its 1st XV squads barring any injuries for the first couple of rounds. Still early days but looking forward to seeing some great games of rugby this season!

OldBack

Bob McCowan (2)
Southport V Church this weekend will be interesting to see the clear form centre of the comp Mason King matched up against relative newcomer Frankie Goldsborugh. King will most definitely dominate but it is interesting to see by how much.
Goldsborough looked to have the better of this contest for most of the game, although he did let King get under his skin and earned himself a yellow

footyhead7

Frank Row (1)
Emil Willie-Jawaii not looking as strong as last season, dominated by TSS in the scrums and man handled in contact. Similar to Churhie #13, not too sure on name, but played last year. No where near as good as last year, wouldn't be able to compete with the likes of Tariq Tanner

RugbyIsLife

Frank Row (1)
Watched Terrace play BGS on Saturday. Terrace looking the goods with a strong win. Excited to see the blue head gear No. 7 for Terrace back again this year. I think his name is Charlie Cooke, 1st XV 2022. He is indeed one to watch. His rugby IQ and leadership is exceptional with a phenomenal work rate. His dominance around the field is impressive. 2023 player to watch!

2 + 2

Allen Oxlade (6)
Watched Terrace play BGS on Saturday. Terrace looking the goods with a strong win. Excited to see the blue head gear No. 7 for Terrace back again this year. I think his name is Charlie Cooke, 1st XV 2022. He is indeed one to watch. His rugby IQ and leadership is exceptional with a phenomenal work rate. His dominance around the field is impressive. 2023 player to watch!
back to class Charlie