• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS 2023

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Round 7 (maybe Premiership decider)
NC v ACGS
TGS v TSS
BBC v IGS
GT v BGS
BSHS - Bye

My tips
NC
TGS
BBC
GT

OldBack

Bob McCowan (2)
If TGS can beat TSS their match against Nudgee on Old Boys Oval the following week will be pivotal.

If TSS and NC win, their final round match up will effectively be a Grand Final (assuming NC take care of TGS next week). Still many permutations and possible outcomes. Wide open between the top 4!

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
If TSS and NC win, their final round match up will effectively be a Grand Final (assuming NC take care of TGS next week). Still many permutations and possible outcomes. Wide open between the top 4!
NC has beaten TSS, ACGS, BBC, GT and TGS in trial games.
TGS beat TSS convincingly in trial.
It's definitely wide open.
NC loss to BSHS was unexpected.

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Frank Nicholson (4)
I predict a 4 way tied premiership
It’s a real possibility …. but only if NC beat TGS next week (Round 8) up the hill, TSS have the bye and obviously Churchie have to beat IGS, then in the final round the following week (Round 9), TSS have to beat Nudgee at home, Churchie have to beat GT at home and TGS have to beat IGS away for a 4-way shared premiership!!! How many times has a 4-way shared premiership happened in QLD GPS 1st XV Rugby history with the top-4 teams losing two games each?!?!?! That would be astonishing but we shall wait and see what the last 2 rounds bring!!!!

Last edited:

1rrr

Frank Row (1)
It's Nudgee College premiership to lose.
They have learnt from BSHS loss and hungry
to win another premiership cup.
Thought they looked quite average against Churchie on the weekend and were actually lucky to get the win. Id argue that TSS and Toowoomba Grammar are both better teams than Nudgee are. Nudgee are a great rugby school, but this years team is just not as good as they've been in previous years

Thought they looked quite average against Churchie on the weekend and were actually lucky to get the win. Id argue that TSS and Toowoomba Grammar are both better teams than Nudgee are. Nudgee are a great rugby school, but this years team is just not as good as they've been in previous years
This aged like milk.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Round 9
TSS v NC
ACGS v GT
BSHS v BBC
IGS v TGS

My tips
NC Premiership (44th)
ACGS
BBC
TGS

Last edited:

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Frank Nicholson (4)
Round 9
TSS v NC
ACGS v GT
BSHS v BBC
IGS v TGS

My tips
NC Premiership (44th or 45th?)
ACGS
BBC
TGS
Nudgee will be battered and bruised after a tough encounter up the range against a gallant TGS this arvo. TSS will be fresh after the bye and will be salivating to rip into Nudgee to finish the season on a positive note and ensure a 4-way shared premiership as long as ACGS and TGS win their final games of the season!!!

My tips for the final round:
TSS
ACGS
BBC
TGS