• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS 2024

Cheesyqdingle

Bob McCowan (2)
Anyone have a match report on the Nudgee v Churchie matchup on the weekend. Really keen to see how churchie are devloping after a tough loss against Barker college a few weeks ago.
Dominate performance from Nudgee with several starters coming off early in the 2nd half getting a well deserved rest. Churchie looked lost across the park though the addition of Max Blanch this week added some spark, but churchie failed to find points only scoring one try off the back of a maul. It will be hard to see churchie in the top 4 this year, the rugby program is looking to begin it's downward spiral after school boy sensation, Frankie Goldsbrough, has graduated.

IppyRanger

Frank Row (1)
TGS were much improved from last weeks loss to IGS. TGS was in control for majority of the game and looked a level above GT. TGS looks to have a great team focused setup and also looked much fitter then GT. Still 3-4 players to return to starting team.
IGS will take great motivation out of their loss to TSS as they had 7-8 of their starters not available due to state champs in Toowoomba.

Stand out player for GT was definitely Nate Wines, he was unstoppable on Saturday. Alternating between 3,5,6 no one could stop him. Excellent import by Terrace. Runs the hard lines and does the dirty work exactly what GT needs. Would not surprise me if the big leagues are sizing him up during the season.
Let’s not sleep on the clinic Ollie Nasser put on. You can’t teach a breakdown, you either got it or you don’t. This kids definitely got it, and a good defensive game as well. 92% of 13 tackles excellent effort from a year 11.

GPSRugbyMom

Banned
Dominate performance from Nudgee with several starters coming off early in the 2nd half getting a well deserved rest. Churchie looked lost across the park though the addition of Max Blanch this week added some spark, but churchie failed to find points only scoring one try off the back of a maul. It will be hard to see churchie in the top 4 this year, the rugby program is looking to begin it's downward spiral after school boy sensation, Frankie Goldsbrough, has graduated.
Got to Agree with this. My son scored. Guess Who?

Oracle83

Cyril Towers (30)
Stand out player for GT was definitely Nate Wines, he was unstoppable on Saturday. Alternating between 3,5,6 no one could stop him. Excellent import by Terrace. Runs the hard lines and does the dirty work exactly what GT needs. Would not surprise me if the big leagues are sizing him up during the season.
Love it, No on could stop him - amazing, so him many tries did he score? Surely it just would have just been a case of give it to Winesy and he got a dozen.

Hey lads,

Only have one thing to say today after Nudgee's dominant performance on the weekend against Churchie, I can confidently say not much that the rest of the comp will be able to do against them. Even when the 2nd's come on for most of the second half there was nothing Churchie could do. Big warning shot to the GPS.

Gheeza6711

Frank Nicholson (4)
Mate who are the four missing and what positions because they still looked bloody strong last week. TGS must have some depth this year.
Iliesa Baravilala - Flyhalf, the 10 who played last week won’t play firsts
Joey Gray - Flanker, Ethan Ramsey played last week he won’t play Firsts
Azariah Toki Matauri - Inside Centre, injury
Seb Hepner - Second Rower, was filled in by a 16s player

ILRU

Frank Row (1)
Hey lads,

Only have one thing to say today after Nudgee's dominant performance on the weekend against Churchie, I can confidently say not much that the rest of the comp will be able to do against them. Even when the 2nd's come on for most of the second half there was nothing Churchie could do. Big warning shot to the GPS.
How did Nudgee go against BSHS trial game at Nudgee?

tikkamungrel_3000

Bob McCowan (2)
Much closer comp this year
Big improvement from
TGS
BBC
GT
BSHS
My Tip
TSS
Where does Nudgee sit here??
Also State High had a great game against Nudgee in the trials. So, they definitely could be a force to reckon with. In saying this, Roman has been instructed by the NBL academy to withdraw from rugby. But be on the lookout
out for BSHS.

Nut and Bolt

Bob McCowan (2)
From what i have seen from the trials and because these teams still have boys coming back from injury my top 3 are.
Nudgee
TGS
TSS