• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS 2024

He was the best 10 in the comp last year. Without him NC don’t beat Churchie and get their 44th. The backline should look like this
9. Watson
10. Chuck
11. Tiso
12. Layne-Setu
13. Conway
14. ‍♂️ Welfare/Grimshaw
15. Johnson if fit. Rumour has it his knee is cactus and that is why he isn’t playing 1st XI football.
Nudgee are really enforcing the weight for age rule this year, the plan was to send chuck to Armidale to get his confidence up in defense with kids his own size. But the ARU ruled it out because of his age.NC putting a lot of work into him through the off season, hopefully he comes good. If JJ not fit, Carter Welfare will play 10 if not the 16 year old.

Nudgee are really enforcing the weight for age rule this year, the plan was to send chuck to Armidale to get his confidence up in defense with kids his own size. But the ARU ruled it out because of his age.NC putting a lot of work into him through the off season, hopefully he comes good. If JJ not fit, Carter Welfare will play 10 if not the 16 year old.
You clearly are stirring the pot and have no idea…

Gheeza6711

Frank Row (1)
Who are the schools / players to watch in the QLD GPS Rugby competition for Season 2024?
Toowoomba Grammar dark horses of the GPS this year, 12 out of 15 players in the team either in reds academy or signed to an nrl team. A very strong 16A’s team this year as well. Notable players to mention Iliesa Baravilala, fly half, the bulldogs own Azariah Toki-Matauri and Reds u15s Player of the Tournament Rhymen Tusi.

Gheeza6711

Frank Row (1)
He was the best 10 in the comp last year. Without him NC don’t beat Churchie and get their 44th. The backline should look like this
9. Watson
10. Chuck
11. Tiso
12. Layne-Setu
13. Conway
14. ‍♂️ Welfare/Grimshaw
15. Johnson if fit. Rumour has it his knee is cactus and that is why he isn’t playing 1st XI football.
You say he was the best 10 in the comp last year, yet he played seconds. That backline is strong, but the rumours spreading around the GPS is that Jacob Johnson will play 10 if fit, allowing for Conway to play fullback and Chuck being used as a utility like 2023.

Gheeza6711

Frank Row (1)
With the bankruptcy of Cluch, who will be filming the Schoolboy Games this year. Cluch did it for NSW and QLD for their schoolboy games. It would be great if someone like Stan or Fox Sports was able to broadcast these games, in NZ skysports broadcasts the majority of games. I reckon someone with power in the GPS system should definitely take this up.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Confirmed ….. Churchie will be playing Barker next weekend, 20th April down at Bond University, Gold Coast in two games (1st XV and a combined 2nd XV / 16A’s).

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
You say he was the best 10 in the comp last year, yet he played seconds. That backline is strong, but the rumours spreading around the GPS is that Jacob Johnson will play 10 if fit, allowing for Conway to play fullback and Chuck being used as a utility like 2023.
I've heard the same, JJ or Bond Bradley as well as Carter Welfare, great to have options, wish terrace had those options.

Gheeza6711

Frank Row (1)
Toowoomba Grammar, did a Tour of NZ during the Easter Break, faced schools such as St Pats Town, Christs Gollege, St Andrew’s and Marlborough. TGS went through undefeated, good signs ahead.

footyloverloverlover

Frank Row (1)
Who are the schools / players to watch in the QLD GPS Rugby competition for Season 2024?
From what i’ve heard most people are speculating on players such as Fletcher Austin, Miles Sullivan, Nick Conway, Ollie Nasser, Hugo Hart, Connor Clifford and George Hales. However, a player I believe who is clearly being ignored in these conversations is Joey Grice of Gregory Terrace. A newly added Northern Territory import in Gregory Terrace‘s system this year. Coming from Peppimenart, NT this country boy has some heart. A traditional inside centre possessing it all size, speed and ball playing. However, there have been talks that GT SuperCoach Adrian Thompson has been transforming this player it to a hard hitting number 11, much like Lomu. I’m extremely excited to see what this ringer from the top end has to off in this Queensland Comp. Mark my words he’s team of the season bound.