• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverback

Bob McCowan (2)
I think next weekends fixtures will determine the major contenders. Round 1 was interesting but round 2 looks far more competitive.
Nudgee v TSS. Do or die match for Nudgee, many injuries after last weeks game and come up against a rested tss so i think they will struggle to be competitive. TSS will be out to prove a point and mentally nudgee will be down after losing at home. TSS by 10
Churchie v BBC. This will be interesting. I dont see BBC causing an upset like they did in this fixture last year, if its a battle in the forwards BBC may be able to hold churchie back but i dont see them doing it for the whole 70. Nonetheless, churchie to run away with it. Churchie by 15
State High v Ippy. The highlight of the round in my eyes.. Both have alot to lose and will be eagerly anticipating this one. Will show if ippy's recruiting has paid off and this will be their toughest test. State high werent impressive in the first round so they will need to step it up and i can see them winning this game in the breakdowns. BSHS by 7, with that in mind depends on where ippy is at mentally and if concede a few early points i can see this game being a walk over.
Any ideas about other game? i picked the main ones and competition determining matches, i dont see terrace, bgs or tgs being really in the hunt..

Light, Ask the TSS boys if they feel rested. Idoubt that our forwrds will get as tough a test from many teams this year than Downlands gave them on Saturady and Downlands scored a specialy good try through the backs so while not rested they will be ready.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
i dont see terrace, bgs or tgs being really in the hunt..
Maybe not premiership contenders, but BGS will finish in the top half of the table. 2010 Aus A/ QLD 1 Flyhalf Grant Davies is returning as are Blake Laud (Outside), Levi Aumua (Number 8) and new face Cody Blackhurst (Hooker), all players with representative honours. They beat TGS 49- 29 in Round 1 and it could easily have been more. The backline is a very fast an attacking one, led by one of the best junior 10's in Australia. The forwards are very underrated, with Aumua, Blackhurst as well as Jack Cornelson playing consistently well. Don't write them off just yet.

F

fourgreatkids

i dont see terrace, bgs or tgs being really in the hunt..[/QUOTE]

bgs look decent, with pace out wide strength up forward, underdogs definitely but dont count them out coould give the compition big shake up
how is curtis browning looking? out for the season or what?

insider18

Stan Wickham (3)
I heard the score for the tgs vs bgs game didnt reflect how tgs actually played, heard there 13 had a good game. any predictions on the QLD gps sides??

F

fourgreatkids

i was at that game, it was pretty close but grammar ran away with in the end with good exploitation of tgs back three under the high ball

L

L-Time2011

I watched the BBC firsts train on thursday arvo and Tom Barker is obviously a very attacking minded coach... Team that played State High had Taur and Jaffe on the bench, perhaps not suited to his style? Whoever predicted State by 20 got it perfect. If the side can improve it's defense then it has the capability to win a couple of games. But that could be hard considering they were all fast and tiny...

Ipswich looking the goods, 77 - 8 is a bit ridiculous, I'm guessing Terrace is full of young guns and so that can only be good for their experience..

Can't really comment on Englands upset victory over the vatican but perhaps Mr. Jones' approach is working?

This is going to be a cracker of a year!

If terrace are "full" of young guns how did they get beaten by that much?? confusion

R

rockfish

I know of 2 year 11 GT players, there could be more though. IGS had 5 year 11 players starting, 3 forwards and 2 backs. Should be a good couple of years for Ippy. This weekends game at BSHS will be a good test for the boys, should be a cracking game.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Spoke to someone inside the IGS camp and he said that they didn't make a mistake on the weekend. That is quite an impressive stat at any level. Will be interesting to see how things pan out on Saturday.

O

OLDDOG

Some strange (or some would say predictable) late inclusions in the TSS side I hear.....

cmon, out with it then, wotcha heard?
agree with the earlier posts, ippy v state and TSS v Nudgee both big games, churchie looking to consolidate too, first 3 weeks are gonna be very close games methinks.....

lauries02

Frank Row (1)
why hasn't nudgee changed their first XV jerseys to the tight slick ones? Seems most GPS and AIC schools now have them. Not that they make a difference its just that they seem more professional.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Grammar have the bye this week, and are resting a few players, resulting in a fair number of positional changes. Still a strong squad which should get up over Downlands.

Status
Not open for further replies.