• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
That will be a good trial game for Ippy. Downlands have some tough forwards and are by no means an easy side this year. Will be surprised if Ipswich get out injury-free. As for the other, looks like a cracker, I'll go with Grammar by a couple.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Sticks the nudgee 10 acts as a space filler between Jack Tuttle and the breakdown. Always has.

As for the Terrace new-boy. Rumour has it he isnt copping with the schoolwork (god forbid they actually do schoolwork :O) and is looking at dropping out of the terrace system.

There's some irony for you!

V

Viss

Nudgee 10 can play, he played a few games last year whilst Nudgee's 10 was recovering from an injury at the beginning of the year. Has all the technique in defence, great kicking game, kid has it all. Wouldn't rule him out of a GPS 2 or 3 spot.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Nudgee 10 can play, he played a few games last year whilst Nudgee's 10 was recovering from an injury at the beginning of the year. Has all the technique in defence, great kicking game, kid has it all. Wouldn't rule him out of a GPS 2 or 3 spot.

i would still have a hospital bed reserved for him every saturday just incase

hotman

Peter Burge (5)
nudgee 10 got called down to play qld u16s last year after the 10 got injured, plays well above his weight in attack and defense

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Jets, at ballymore?
Gtjack they're actually a bit closer to home for you.
All scheduled for Tennyson.
3 games kicking off at 10.00.
But hard for selectors to discern form from one outing. As recently passed former Wallaby Keith Cross once advised for such occasions "Wear a big white headband".
Without any lead up form one would suspect that reputation will carry you a long way .......

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Teams need to be selected for the Qld schoolboy trials next month. All of the rep footy is before the GPS season kicks off so they are playing trials at Tenyson tomorrow. As refabit said, reputation will count for a lot.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
By the looks of James Dalgleish at yesterdays GPS trials at Tennyson, i would put him in my GPS 1 team and perhaps even my QLD 1 team as Duncan P is now injured.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Sam Greene is the obvious choice for Flyhalf, no one in the GPS matches his ability in this year group.

He is naturally a 15, mate. I've always argued that he will be the QLD I 15 as he doesn't quite have the size for fly-half. He will face stiff competition from Placid though.

Sabanator, can you give us a report from your perspective? Would be interested to see who performed as I was unable to make it.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
light, a few players impressed me yesterday.

Dalgleish, as previously mentioned, was probably the best player of the day, and far and away the best of the 10's. Lochey Oppenheimer (ACGS) impressed me as usual, but the next best of the 8's, for me, was the year 10 boy Daniel Sitanilei from Terrace. Dylan Sikimeti (NC) had some excellent runs and he was the pick of the front rows, and I'd put Cody Blackhurst (BGS) on the other side of the scrum. None of the hooker's really stood out, but Dimitri Loukaras (BSHS) and Tom Mellor (GT) were probably least impressive. Jack Tuttle (NC) played well and will easily end up with the GPS 1 jumper. The wings for me would be Monty Ioane (ACGS) and a BBC winger that I haven't seen before, but he was quick. Dan Preen (IGS) was the pick of the second rows, and I'd consider lining Isaac French (GT) up next to him just for a nice even scrum, but Adam Korczyk (BSHS) performed slightly better on the day. Jack Heenan (GT) might have played himself into one of the lower team's jerseys with a long distance try, but I can't see him going too highly. A relatively weak showing by Tom Given might cost him a spot, didn't really live up to his full potential but I still thought he was one of the best 2 fullbacks on the day.

GPS 1 / GPS 2
1. Sikimeti / Pleash
2. Postale
3. Blackhurst / Sala (only because I think coaches will give him a favourable treatment)
4. Preen
5. Korcyzk
6. Gunn
7. Mulheron
8. Oppenheimer
9. James Tuttle
10. Dalgleish
11. Ioane
12. Jack Tuttle
13. Schafer
14. Unknown BBC winger
15. Banks / Given

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think that BBC winger may be Gareth Kallel, played GPS reps last year and BBC 1st XV for the last 2 years from memory. Do you know if any TGS boys made the trip down the range? Placid, Ivy, Bougoure in particular would be heavy favourites. I can also understand why they wouldn't, probably already made it through the club rep system.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
There were a few from TGS, and their halfback would definitely make GPS 2, and I'd consider their lock a possibility for GPS 2 as well.

bsparx

Herbert Moran (7)
Cannot see how the gps team can be picked when selectors have only seen one game out of the players. As said by many reputation does count. The move by the bosses in the top to move rugby to term three to cater for afl which has had no support by players was simply stupid. Most schools will now have the burden of not having supplementary games with AIC schools cause their season would be over. The list predicted is the same as predicted before. Cannot wait till they verse AIC.

bsparx

Herbert Moran (7)
Cannot see how the gps team can be picked when selectors have only seen one game out of the players. As said by many reputation does count. The move by the bosses in the top to move rugby to term three to cater for afl which has had no support by players was simply stupid. Most schools will now have the burden of not having supplementary games with AIC schools cause their season would be over. The list predicted is the same as predicted before. Cannot wait till they verse AIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.