• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Both Tuttle boys may be out for a while. james - knee(again) and jack ribs.

well that's a let down as much as I would like nudgee to do poorly I would rather see a great player like Jack Tuttle playing for the Australian Schoolboys such an exceptional player. who will be filling in at 12 for nudgee/who played 12 on the weekend?

C

Casey95

TSS 22 - 19 over ACGS, brilliant quality with both teams playing well, expect both these teams to do well this year. TSS were not full strength but Churchie looked to have all big guns on deck. interesting
Yes, Churchie did have their injured backs back out on the paddock (with the exception of West - but that was expected) but they were still missing their 2 first choice 2nd rowers which I assume again had Gunn playing out of position.
From what I have heard, Churchie also played this trial as a trial, turning down several penalty shots while TSS took every opportunity to shoot for goal.

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
I believe that the BBC GT fight errupted from the dirty play from all members of the BBC team who were obviously playing this way to get in their heads and it worked however leading to a send off didn't help them at all. Suprised that Nudgee didn't thump Downlands a bit more. Has James Tuttle returned and when will Will Shippley and Jack Tuttle be back?
I thought he game was fairly clean. Interestingly, the Ref sent off two players - one from BBC one from Terrace- not 15 from BBC! Jnr from BBC seemed to be claiming his eye had been gouged which is why he had reacted. The incident worked in Terrace's favour, beforehand BBC were well on top- Tom Barker had to reshuffle the back-row, Peterson (just turned 16 yrs with three years to go at BBC) to 8 and BBC's patterns were disrupted.

F

funkman3838

Here i am for my sunday night weekend recap
I found myself this weekend at the BBC/Terrace game, it was a hindingler at that
It was fantastic to see Terrace get up, especially with some of their more formidable players out such as dalgliesh and the sole
But with that, my player of the game was definitely number 10. Number 10, i believe to be given, stepped up and played an amazing game. His ball skills were aesthetic as fuaaarr if i may say, even for a person out of position (another credit to the terrace side, they can chop and change with ease). Givens game was flawless, 'so nice i wanted to see it twice'. He was draining deep 3balls from all angles, felt like i was watching the NBA! His tackling was superb and i wouldn't be surprised if he carries the team a top 3 finish.
Funkbrah out.

B

Brave_game

Here i am for my sunday night weekend recap
I found myself this weekend at the BBC/Terrace game, it was a hindingler at that
It was fantastic to see Terrace get up, especially with some of their more formidable players out such as dalgliesh and the sole
But with that, my player of the game was definitely number 10. Number 10, i believe to be given, stepped up and played an amazing game. His ball skills were aesthetic as fuaaarr if i may say, even for a person out of position (another credit to the terrace side, they can chop and change with ease). Givens game was flawless, 'so nice i wanted to see it twice'. He was draining deep 3balls from all angles, felt like i was watching the NBA! His tackling was superb and i wouldn't be surprised if he carries the team a top 3 finish.
Funkbrah out.

I find this extremely hard to believe, being from a terrace background myself and knowing Tom relatively well. He possesses one of the most feministic personalities I have ever witnessed at my 5 years at terrace, Wouldn't be surprised if he came out of the closet after school finishes. Given has never been good in defence as he lacks balls, he is one of the most overrated players going around this forum.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The following GPS boys have been handed QLD lifelines and were selected in the 2012 Chairmans Squad for the State Championships:

2. Dimitri Loukaris - BSHS
3. Dan Anae - NC
6. Seb Georgiou - ACGS
7. Jayden Rodwell - NC
9. Mikey Dyring - BBC
12. Antoine Pereira - BSHS
15. Jonah Placid - TGS

16. Sam Clifton - TSS
18. Isaac French - GT
21. Adam Gauder - TSS

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
I find this extremely hard to believe, being from a terrace background myself and knowing Tom relatively well. He possesses one of the most feministic personalities I have ever witnessed at my 5 years at terrace, Wouldn't be surprised if he came out of the closet after school finishes. Given has never been good in defence as he lacks balls, he is one of the most overrated players going around this forum.

Please refrain from posting this rubbish, you are doing your school no favor.

B

Boomboom

Dont forget Sam reiser. Clearly it is not the lack of talent at the school. The only other avenues are coaching and the general program. Correct me if I'm wrong but each year terraces win a total of 2 games out of every rugby team in the entire school against nudgee.

The coaches must take some responsibility.

Also I might add that after the recent terrace sporting revue, for the past two weeks I heard nearly every a and b team won.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
what exactly is the 2012 chairmans squad light?

It is exactly that. Most team sports have it, compiled of players who missed out on respective selection in their region/school that get another opportunity to compete for state selection. There are some bloody good players in that team, non more so than 15. Jonah Placid who is a real shot at QLD 1 IMO. The state champs can't just be made up of AIC, GPS and CSS so they put a few extra teams in just to give selectors a bit of variety and give kids who may have been overlooked first time around another shot.

Boomboom, we get it. Terrace have improved considerably from last year, they have compiled a team capable of competing on a week to week basis and they are showing that they have the depth in younger age groups to accomodate this growth and the lows of last year won't be experienced again for a while. It was no secret that Terrace would rebound, they are one of Australia's proudest schoolboy rugby nurseries and if you were around here last year you would have seen posts which reflected that. The overal feeling in these threads has been positive towards the future of Terrace rugby but we don't need to push that any further. Right now, each team has an even start for the premiership, trial results mean very little, and it is important not to over-emphasis these results. Trial form, cohesion and serious injuries mean a lot, although there is still over a month before the first game kicks off there are very limited opportunities for teams to fix the bleeding before things get serious. Terrace are in a good position but they still have a lot to prove and are coming off a wooden spoon last year, it would be very foolish to start beating their drum before they even have a win next to their name in the regular season.

Bill McLean (32)
Hi All,

Being from NSW I generally post in the NSW threads, however I found it interesting reading that Jack Tuttle is out with a serious rib injury. If true does anyone know how serious it is?

I watched this lad at the U/16 champs last year, and then again for Aus A as replacement; great player!

As it turns out the Australian centre from last year, Jim Stewart, is also looking at a long stint on the side line with an ankle ligament injury.

I was expecting these two to form the Australian centre pairing this year.

David Connors

Sydney Middleton (9)
what exactly is the 2012 chairmans squad light?
1. Jack Johanson IONA
2. Dimitri Loukaris BSHS
3. Daniel Anae NUDGEE
4. Harley Fox ST EDMUNDS
5. Yossi Vagg DOWNLANDS
6. Seb Georgiou ACGS
7. Jayden Rodwell NUDGEE
8. Tom Drew ST PATRICKS
9. Mikey Dyring BBC
10. Liam Dillon TOWNSVILLE GRAMMAR
11. Tim Balshaw ST PETERS LUTHERAN
12. Antoine Pereira BSHS
13. Sitivi Ualese KEDRON SHS
14. Luke Nerdal-Busell CENTENARY SHS
15. Jonah Placid TOOWOOMBA GRAMMAR

16. Sam Clifton TSS
17. Sam Richards ST LAURENCES
18. Isaac French GREGORY TERRACE
19. Vai Fitisemanu BSHS
20. Jack Hamilton ST PATRICKS
21. Adam Gauder TSS
22. James Hillsden VILLANOVA

interested68

Bob McCowan (2)
It is exactly that. Most team sports have it, compiled of players who missed out on respective selection in their region/school that get another opportunity to compete for state selection. There are some bloody good players in that team, non more so than 15. Jonah Placid who is a real shot at QLD 1 IMO. The state champs can't just be made up of AIC, GPS and CSS so they put a few extra teams in just to give selectors a bit of variety and give kids who may have been overlooked first time around another shot.

Boomboom, we get it. Terrace have improved considerably from last year, they have compiled a team capable of competing on a week to week basis and they are showing that they have the depth in younger age groups to accomodate this growth and the lows of last year won't be experienced again for a while. It was no secret that Terrace would rebound, they are one of Australia's proudest schoolboy rugby nurseries and if you were around here last year you would have seen posts which reflected that. The overal feeling in these threads has been positive towards the future of Terrace rugby but we don't need to push that any further. Right now, each team has an even start for the premiership, trial results mean very little, and it is important not to over-emphasis these results. Trial form, cohesion and serious injuries mean a lot, although there is still over a month before the first game kicks off there are very limited opportunities for teams to fix the bleeding before things get serious. Terrace are in a good position but they still have a lot to prove and are coming off a wooden spoon last year, it would be very foolish to start beating their drum before they even have a win next to their name in the regular season.

Not just the fringe selections but the players who were legitimately injured at the time of the selections. Jonah Placid from TGS is a case in point, hopefully will go close to making a Qld Side despite returning from injury. One kid who really enjoys playing the game for the right reasons. The chairmans side usually beats one or two of the more fancied sides because they all know they have been given another opportunity, and make the most of it. Also watch 2 and 6.

L

LightDarkBlue

Dont forget Sam reiser. Clearly it is not the lack of talent at the school. The only other avenues are coaching and the general program. Correct me if I'm wrong but each year terraces win a total of 2 games out of every rugby team in the entire school against nudgee.

Also I might add that after the recent terrace sporting revue, for the past two weeks I heard nearly every a and b team won.

Mate no GPS school does well against Nudgee. They have people with 'scholarships' in the C's and D's. As much as i love BGS and I'm not proud to say this but i do believe we didn't win a fixture against Nudgee last year and I'm sure this would have been the case with many other schools as well

T

theonceblueandwhite

Mate no GPS school does well against Nudgee. They have people with 'scholarships' in the C's and D's. As much as i love BGS and I'm not proud to say this but i do believe we didn't win a fixture against Nudgee last year and I'm sure this would have been the case with many other schools as well
by scholarships i'm sure you mean the countless equity scholarships they offer at nudgee college, unlike many gps schools like GT etc, who have a few token ones.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)

mate in 2009 Sam Reiser was playing outside centre for the 16 B's

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
also let's not blame the scholarships! why can't this season start already I want to see some real results!

PlayedinHeaven

Allen Oxlade (6)
If Jonah Placid is 75% he will be the QLD 1 fullback, easily the best back on the first day of GPS trials, he had everybody talking about him

C

churr

1. Jack Johanson IONA
2. Dimitri Loukaris BSHS
3. Daniel Anae NUDGEE
4. Harley Fox ST EDMUNDS
5. Yossi Vagg DOWNLANDS
6. Seb Georgiou ACGS
7. Jayden Rodwell NUDGEE
8. Tom Drew ST PATRICKS
9. Mikey Dyring BBC
10. Liam Dillon TOWNSVILLE GRAMMAR
11. Tim Balshaw ST PETERS LUTHERAN
12. Antoine Pereira BSHS
13. Sitivi Ualese KEDRON SHS
14. Luke Nerdal-Busell CENTENARY SHS
15. Jonah Placid TOOWOOMBA GRAMMAR

16. Sam Clifton TSS
17. Sam Richards ST LAURENCES
18. Isaac French GREGORY TERRACE
19. Vai Fitisemanu BSHS
20. Jack Hamilton ST PATRICKS
21. Adam Gauder TSS
22. James Hillsden VILLANOVA

Placid will make a QLD team for sure id say and if Gauder gets enough time of the bench wouldnt suprise me if he went close either, both very good players

tripod

Stan Wickham (3)
Nudgee 37 v Downlands 5. I bet Nudgee know that they played a game yesterday. Although not full strength without Tuttle and co, very slick backs that made the most of every Downlands mistake, which unfortunately there were a few unforced ones. Downlands would have had the most territory but Nudgee were patient and reacted outstandingly. Very physical game, but no crap. THATS rugby, not what happened with Terrace and BBC.

Not the run away score expected considering Downlands 1st XV not at full strength either with playmaker Mack Mason out with injury and Isiah Tittor out. Some other scores from Nudgee v's Downlands 13 A's Downlands defeated Nudgee 35 - 7, 14 B's Downlands defeated Nudgee 12 - 10, 16 A's Downlands defeated Nudgee 9 - 7. It will be interesting to see how "scholarships" affect these results afew years down the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.