• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BBC-PRIDE

ok so this is what we all learnt from last weekend... Nudgee and BGS are the teams to beat, Ippy is the darkhorse, Churchie are out of it, Terrace have refound themselves from last year and have a talented squad, BSHS is the Terrace of last year, BBC is its same old mediocre team and Towoomba are good but not great. TSS? well we just have to wait until this weekend to see if they can bounce back from an Ippy beatdown last weekend. Any thoughts?

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
ok so this is what we all learnt from last weekend. Nudgee and BGS are the teams to beat, Ippy is the darkhorse, Churchie are out of it, Terrace have refound themselves from last year and have a talented squad, BSHS is the Terrace of last year, BBC is its same old mediocre team and Towoomba are good but not great. TSS? well we just have to wait until this weekend to see if they can bounce back from an Ippy beatdown last weekend. Any thoughts?
@ 'BBC-Pride' - What's so 'mediocre' about BBC's hard fought 1st round loss against Nudgee and a 2nd round 6 tries to 0 steamroll of BSH? BBC's pre-season was noticeably under-done; they seem to be hitting their stride and could have easily scored 60+ on the weekend. Round 3 against a high profile Churchie side, desperate to get their first win, will be a good measure of just how 'mediocre' your beloved BBC are.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Do you mean in terms of further player recruitment? Because if so, I don't think the quality of the players is the direct problem.
I mean both. Churchie have an enormous glut of talent in their backline and I think their coaching has really stuffed up their. But maybe a focus on recruiting quality tight five players over backs will be seen to be important from these results?

Mostly I am referring to coaching, this is a team with nearly 15 players on scholarship, heaps of guys in rep teams and they're still managing to lose. Something's gotta give, and if this continues surely Churchie will try to turn something around from the current situation, where they're really left with egg on their faces.

B

Boomboom

@ 'BBC-Pride' - What's so 'mediocre' about BBC's hard fought 1st round loss against Nudgee and a 2nd round 6 tries to 0 steamroll of BSH? BBC's pre-season was noticeably under-done; they seem to be hitting their stride and could have easily scored 60+ on the weekend. Round 3 against a high profile Churchie side, desperate to get their first win, will be a good measure of just how 'mediocre' your beloved BBC are.

Nah cudge boy I would have to agree with his comments. Pretty much sums it up. The only thing I would say is I'm not too sure about bgs at the moment. A big win against state high is nothing. Every team in the comp is capable of that. Also I would put iPpy down with state high on the ladder at the end of the season. Can't see them winning any other games besides bshs

C

Casey95

I believe only two from the 16As have gone onto the starting side this year with imports taking spots. All of those elements suggest there are some real culture and coaching issues now in play and this is reflected in their play. A real pity in a year that promised so much..
That's complete rubbish, something you clearly have no idea about and just came on here for a dig at Churchie. 1. White 2. Warriner 3. Leamon 4. Sheppard 5. Georgiou 7. MacMillan 11. Clarke are all from last years U16's... and in case you struggle a bit with your maths, thats a bit more than 2.
As for the people claiming Churchie's 15 are all imports, they have 6, 1 of whom plays seconds, so 5 in their firsts. Far less than some other schools I am sure.

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
Nah cudge boy I would have to agree with his comments. Pretty much sums it up. The only thing I would say is I'm not too sure about bgs at the moment. A big win against state high is nothing. Every team in the comp is capable of that. Also I would put iPpy down with state high on the ladder at the end of the season. Can't see them winning any other games besides bshs
How many of these teams have you actually seen play?

D

doug smith

Thoughts on the top 3 so far? not sure if Churchie are in there anymore.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
without those three players they would be nothing. Shame they can't grow some talent themselves

But i must also add in their defence all three of them had reasons to leave their previous GPS school, Greene for issues at churchie, Blackhurst because hooker 2 years ago repeated so he wouldn't have played first that year (what i heard), and well Cornelson got expelled from TSS

GlobeTrotter

Chris McKivat (8)
imagine if TSS still had Van Heteren Swemmer, Cornelson and Blackhurst
When in Rome...

But in all seriousness, the depth of talent TSS has lost in the past few years to other GPS schools in rugby and cricket is frustrating. Fortunately, there is less competition on the coast compared to in Brisbane to get students outside the GPS system.

GlobeTrotter

Chris McKivat (8)
When in Rome.

But in all seriousness, the depth of talent TSS has lost in the past few years to other GPS schools in rugby and cricket is frustrating. Fortunately, there is less competition on the coast compared to in Brisbane to get students outside the GPS system.
I didn't mean for this to look like such an excuse, it has admittedly been a disappointing start to the GPS season for the boys in the Red, White and Blue.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
TBH the way that TSS boys carry themselves on the field is absolutely atrocious! They may be good footballers but that is no excuse. I don't know if anyone here caught a glimpse of the GT 3rds v TSS 3rds last weekend. I got a good look at the second half and I must say that I was shocked. One boy king-hit a GT boy twice for completely no reason. it was that bad that the TSS principal was at Terrace last Monday watching the tape. Other scrappy play included TSS boys pushing and stomping on kids on the ground or their backs turned.And starting fights from legal, fair and soft tackles. In the end GT got up by 20 or so points which was good to see. Embarressed themselves and their school!

Status
Not open for further replies.