• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlobeTrotter

Chris McKivat (8)
TBH the way that TSS boys carry themselves on the field is absolutely atrocious! They may be good footballers but that is no excuse. I don't know if anyone here caught a glimpse of the GT 3rds v TSS 3rds last weekend. I got a good look at the second half and I must say that I was shocked. One boy king-hit a GT boy twice for completely no reason. it was that bad that the TSS principal was at Terrace last Monday watching the tape. Other scrappy play included TSS boys pushing and stomping on kids on the ground or their backs turned.And starting fights from legal, fair and soft tackles. In the end GT got up by 20 or so points which was good to see. Embarressed themselves and their school!
That's not good to hear, but I don't think it's fair that you make a generalisation of that proportion against how all "TSS boys carry themselves", based purely on one Third XV game. Nonetheless, inexcusable behaviour - but this thread hasn't been created for us to talk about the behaviour of Third XV players is it?

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
That's not good to hear, but I don't think it's fair that you make a generalisation of that proportion against how all "TSS boys carry themselves", based purely on one Third XV game. Nonetheless, inexcusable behaviour - but this thread hasn't been created for us to talk about the behaviour of Third XV players is it?

I did think of that actually after I posted it I myself have come up against some pretty bad behaived TSS teams and this added to my generalization but yes it was wrong of me to label TSS boys as a whole. We were on the topic of TSS and the title of this thread is Queensland GPS 2012 so I thought that would include all teams? I just wanted to put it out there it was pretty appalling.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
I mean both. Churchie have an enormous glut of talent in their backline and I think their coaching has really stuffed up their. But maybe a focus on recruiting quality tight five players over backs will be seen to be important from these results?

Mostly I am referring to coaching, this is a team with nearly 15 players on scholarship, heaps of guys in rep teams and they're still managing to lose. Something's gotta give, and if this continues surely Churchie will try to turn something around from the current situation, where they're really left with egg on their faces.

The difference I see is the 2012 Firsts and last year's team is the forward pack. The 2011 Churchie team were very quick to the rucks and mauls. The backs enjoyed alot of possession and scored tries.
Also, injuries to key players Georgiou, Tanuvasa, and Oppenheimer. Darcy Eason isn't the same 5/8. His kicking game and decision making lack confidence.
I wouldn't be surprised if BBC, TSS, and BGS roll Churchie in the coming weeks.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
The TSS thirds have been clowns right the way through, I remember they where beating us (BBC) by 21 5 or something and getting all fired up back in the 15c's - wanted to start a fight at the end of the game. We just kicked the ball out and walked off. They're love of violence is bizaare

morelando bloom

Peter Burge (5)
The TSS thirds have been clowns right the way through, I remember they where beating us (BBC) by 21 5 or something and getting all fired up back in the 15c's - wanted to start a fight at the end of the game. We just kicked the ball out and walked off. They're love of violence is bizaare
that's just not footy

GlobeTrotter

Chris McKivat (8)
The difference I see is the 2012 Firsts and last year's team is the forward pack. The 2011 Churchie team were very quick to the rucks and mauls. The backs enjoyed alot of possession and scored tries.
Also, injuries to key players Georgiou, Tanuvasa, and Oppenheimer. Darcy Eason isn't the same 5/8. His kicking game and decision making lack confidence.
I wouldn't be surprised if BBC, TSS, and BGS roll Churchie in the coming weeks.
How long are Tanuvasa and Oppenheimer out?

B

Boomboom

How many of these teams have you actually seen play?

All bar TSS and tgs. I watched the grammar v igs , and from what I saw they were clearly bottom of the table. Although they have started well, I can see there season quickly deteriate, as they really play a simplistic type of rugby. Churchie have little to nothing. They have all the talent in the world but the pressure and problems caused by all the importing has led to a less that satisfactory start to the season. They will be lucky to win many games in my opinion, unless some drastic changes occur this week. I predict they will lose to all other teams excluding state high and bbc.

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
All bar TSS and tgs. I watched the grammar v igs , and from what I saw they were clearly bottom of the table. Although they have started well, I can see there season quickly deteriate, as they really play a simplistic type of rugby. Churchie have little to nothing. They have all the talent in the world but the pressure and problems caused by all the importing has led to a less that satisfactory start to the season. They will be lucky to win many games in my opinion, unless some drastic changes occur this week. I predict they will lose to all other teams excluding state high and bbc.
So what you're basically saying is that all teams other than Nudgee are mediocre, and Nudgee are almost definitely going to win the premiership? Toowoomba are quite a good team and I think they ill challenge Nudgee this year- a top 4 finish is likely. By the way, sometimes a simplistic game plan is the best option, especially in a competition with only 9 rounds, you cannot afford to screw up.

OBS

Bob McCowan (2)
That's complete rubbish, something you clearly have no idea about and just came on here for a dig at Churchie. 1. White 2. Warriner 3. Leamon 4. Sheppard 5. Georgiou 7. MacMillan 11. Clarke are all from last years U16's. and in case you struggle a bit with your maths, thats a bit more than 2.
As for the people claiming Churchie's 15 are all imports, they have 6, 1 of whom plays seconds, so 5 in their firsts. Far less than some other schools I am sure.

What Happened to Moses from ACGS U13, 14, 15, 16As ?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
11. Moses Clarke?

I don't rate him, Nudgee winger completely showed him up on the weekend. Other than speed and size, he doesn't really have much. They would probably prefer to have West but I think he's injured right now. Its a pity about Van Heteran, I saw him play numerous times last year and he looked like a quality winger, obviously the mental aspect wasn't there..Can't hope but feel that if he had stuck around he would be part of a formidable Churchie backline if they had no injuries... of course, only on paper.

9. Quigley
10. Eason
11. West
12. Tanuvasa
13. Schafer
14. Ioane
15. Van Heteran

gbanger

Peter Burge (5)
Can't wait to see them try have a go at the nudgee thirds. Massive front rOw and some abnormally large centres.

Thoraxe

Frank Row (1)
I certainly don't claim to be an expert but in general here are my unbiased thoughts.

Nudgee - solid across the board. Well drilled as usual. A few stars but a good solid team. Overall first.
Tgs - a few stars and a few holes but overall well put together. Overall fourth
BGS - a good solid team. Well drilled. Overall second.
BSHS - a weak year. Will build for next year. Wooden spoon.
GT - building a program. Next year looks good. Needs time. overall seventh
Churchie - need a tight five. Very good team from 6 back. But no go forward. Overall sixth
BBC - tough rugby players. Lay a good platform. Injuries and depth will be a concern. Overall fifth
TSS - across the boad look good. Just not quite there this year. Overall third

All teams will have to deal with injury depth and travel so the above is subject to these and just a thought after two rounds.

GlobeTrotter

Chris McKivat (8)
11. Moses Clarke?

I don't rate him, Nudgee winger completely showed him up on the weekend. Other than speed and size, he doesn't really have much. They would probably prefer to have West but I think he's injured right now. Its a pity about Van Heteran, I saw him play numerous times last year and he looked like a quality winger, obviously the mental aspect wasn't there..Can't hope but feel that if he had stuck around he would be part of a formidable Churchie backline if they had no injuries. of course, only on paper.

9. Quigley
10. Eason
11. West
12. Tanuvasa
13. Schafer
14. Ioane
15. Van Heteran

1. Tarr
2. Blackhurst
3. Clifton
4. Cornelson
5. Findlay-Hennaway
6. Perrin
7. Papworth
8. Guttenbiel

If only.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
For unknown reason, the ACGS v NC last week-end;
churchie did not print First XV program or team list.
Can anyone list the First XV lineup.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.