• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
;)

Quite a surprising statistic in my opinion, perhaps 2012 could be a drought-breaking year. Not that I'd bet my house on it.

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
this is something like what terrace will look like
  1. Luke Harlow
  2. Tom Mellor
  3. Robert Green
  4. Issac French
  5. Bill Ovenden
  6. Daniel Pepper
  7. Xavier Power
  8. Daniel Sitanilei
  9. Angus Fowler
  10. James Dalgliesh
  11. Kris Larosa
  12. Jack Heenan
  13. Jack McSweeny
  14. Tom Given
  15. Liam McInerney
  16. Matt Henwood
  17. Toby McNamee
  18. James Gilbert
  19. Lachy O'Rouke

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
  1. Luke Harlow
  2. Tom Mellor
  3. Robert Green
  4. Issac French
  5. Bill Ovenden
  6. Daniel Pepper
  7. Xavier Power
  8. Daniel Sitanilei
  9. Angus Fowler
  10. James Dalgliesh
  11. Kris Larosa
  12. Jack Heenan
  13. Jack McSweeny
  14. Tom Given
  15. Liam McInerney
  16. Matt Henwood
  17. Toby McNamee
  18. James Gilbert
  19. Lachy O'Rouke

Any new additions to that team?

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
The numbers seem to move up but anyway Robert green and Daniel sitanilei are both new I don't know a lot about them but from what I have heard they are both 120kgs. Daniel is coming from state high so some one from state high might know a bit about him

B

bottleneck

The numbers seem to move up but anyway Robert green and Daniel sitanilei are both new I don't know a lot about them but from what I have heard they are both 120kgs. Daniel is coming from state high so some one from state high might know a bit about him
Terrace on the improve.BBC and TGS big improvers this year.Have seen the TGS forwards and they look big and athletic Prediction ACGS 1st daylight second with the other big three not as strong as usual which is playing into Churchies hands

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Terrace on the improve.BBC and TGS big improvers this year.Have seen the TGS forwards and they look big and athletic Prediction ACGS 1st daylight second with the other big three not as strong as usual which is playing into Churchies hands

I wouldn't have daylight second. For that to happen Churchie would have to go undefeated, which I can't see happening even with the best squad on paper. The race for second will be interesting however, I don't think it will be one of the big three. More than likely Grammar or Ipswich although both those teams will struggle to topple Nudgee. Winning all home games will be essential.

Terrace's round one bye is probably not ideal for them as their depth will be really tested toward the end, particularly with their last 4 games being against BSHS, ACGS, BGS and TSS, of which TSS and BSHS are away from Tennyson. The three matches following the TGS game are against NC, BSHS and ACGS so I doubt they will be expecting any points mid-season.

Churchie only has one home game in the first 4 rounds, that being against NC. Their away games include TSS, BBC and TGS. They also have BSHS, BGS and IGS at home leaving GT as the only away game following the mid-season BYE. The TSS away game could prove very important in the title race and I would pick this as the likely loss of the 8 matches.

Nudgee's BYE round comes in round 8 which is probably not ideal timing for them. They face a trip up to TGS the week prior and have matches against IGS, GT, BSHS, TSS, ACGS and BBC all before the BYE. If they are out of contention for the premiership by that point one would suspect BGS might be in for a hiding in round 9.

Even if BGS overcome ACGS, TSS, BSHS and IGS they will still have to close out the premiership in round 9 at Ross Oval against NC. Probably the toughest ask in schoolboy rugby union in Queensland, no matter the year. They have BSHS at home in the first round so would be expected to win there and then make the trip up the mountain to TGS. Their BYE falls in round 3 and then they have a string of tough matches including IGS away, BBC home, ACGS away, TSS home and GT away.. oh and did I mention NC away in round 9. Their depth will be tested.

Could throw a blanket over BGS, TSS, IGS and BSHS. ACGS, NC to be the front-runners, with TGS enjoying a mildly successful season. GT and BBC still have a way to go.

R

ruggersbrah

1. Luke Harlow
  2. Tom Mellor
  3. Robert Green
  4. Issac French
  5. Bill Ovenden
  6. Daniel Pepper
  7. Xavier Power
  8. Daniel Sitanilei
  9. Angus Fowler
  10. James Dalgliesh
  11. Kris Larosa
  12. Jack Heenan
  13. Jack McSweeny
  14. Tom Given
  15. Liam McInerney
  16. Matt Henwood
  17. Toby McNamee
  18. James Gilbert
  19. Lachy O'Rouke

I believe the team will be slightly different:

1. Sam Wilson
  2. Tom Mellor
  3. Robert Green
  4. Issac French
  5. Bill Ovenden
  6. Ben Laxon/ Pepper (maybe if he bulks up a lot)
  7. Xavier Power
  8. Daniel Sitanilei
  9. Lachy O'Rouke
  10. James Dalgliesh
  11. Kris Larosa
  12. ???
  13. Jack Heenan
  14. Elliot Clarke
  15. Tom Given
  16. Luke Harlow
  17. Zac Little (maybe starting winger)
  18. Jack Mcsweney
  19. Matt Henwood
  20. Toby McNamee
  21. Angus Fowler
  22. Harrison Whiting
  23. Jack Colley
OR

1. Sam Wilson
  2. Tom Mellor
  3. Robert Green
  4. Issac French
  5. Bill Ovenden
  6. Ben Laxon/ Pepper (maybe if he bulks up a lot)
  7. Xavier Power
  8. Daniel Sitanilei
  9. Angus Fowler
  10. Lachy O'Rouke
  11. Kris Larosa
  12. James Dalgliesh
  13. Jack Heenan
  14. Elliot Clarke
  15. Tom Given
  16. Luke Harlow
  17. Zac Little (maybe starting winger)
  18. Jack Mcsweney
  19. Matt Henwood
  20. Toby McNamee
  21. Angus Fowler
  22. Harrison Whiting
  23. Jack Colley
Thinking possibley option 2 as this has been the backline for most years with the inclusion of Larosa as Robson is at nudgee now, and there is no strong 12s currently, dalgelish has played there and been fairly good, any thoughts on this?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Who played 10 for Terrace last year against Churchie? I remember being quite impressed by him at the time. I have a feeling it was Dalgleish so correct me if I am wrong.

Terradome

Peter Burge (5)
The Terracians are back and ready to shake and bake for 2012, this year they may be the underdogs but being the favourites last year didn't exactly work wonders. Meat Pies aka Tries to be scored and I'm just so excited for a new year of Rugby !!

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Brisbane Grammar haven't started training yet, so the makeup of the team is still undetermined. Shaping up to be a good season for BGS though, with several returning firsts players (Cornelson, Blackhurst, Gilbert, Radford, Anderson, Starr-Thomas, Saunders etc.) and some exciting untested prospects.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I hear Jack Wikman will be making a run for the BGS Flagship team. A strong competitor in recent years, Jack has struggled with size however will claim at any opportunity "the only thing keeping me out of the First XV is because i'm not as big as the rest of you." (Jack Wikman, 1996-) With just a sizable growth spurt he should make the cut, thoughts?

Ahhh another graceville boy joins us... Cmon, quit having a troll and post some substance you midget (I know your a short little blonde boy :p)

S

snorlax

1. Luke Harlow
  2. Tom Mellor
  3. Robert Green
  4. Issac French
  5. Bill Ovenden
  6. Daniel Pepper
  7. Xavier Power
  8. Daniel Sitanilei
  9. Angus Fowler
  10. James Dalgliesh
  11. Kris Larosa
  12. Jack Heenan
  13. Jack McSweeny
  14. Tom Given
  15. Liam McInerney
  16. Matt Henwood
  17. Toby McNamee
  18. James Gilbert
  19. Lachy O'Rouke

what about Gatto? he's a big unit and played well when not injured

gtjack

Herbert Moran (7)
Who played 10 for Terrace last year against Churchie? I remember being quite impressed by him at the time. I have a feeling it was Dalgleish so correct me if I am wrong.
It was Tom Given, Dalgleish was injured at the time.

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
Snorlax I would put him in if he has an injury free pre season but as I understand he already is missing training because of an arm injury. Ruggersbrah I don't understand why you regard Sam Wilson so highly as a prop why are you are putting him over Harlow who made Queensland u/16s last year and Liam Mckinerney who played met north u/15s?

gtjack

Herbert Moran (7)
Snorlax I would put him in if he has an injury free pre season but as I understand he already is missing training because of an arm injury. Ruggersbrah I don't understand why you regard Sam Wilson so highly as a prop why are you are putting him over Harlow who made Queensland u/16s last year and Liam Mckinerney who played met north u/15s?

Considering he missed the whole of last season with a knee injury I'd put Gatto's chances of making the team as slim to none. And one reason to rate Sam Wilson over Liam McInerney is the fact that he runs 2k's 3 minutes faster than him, and played 16A's last year. And he has a size advantage over Harlow, although that will probably amount to nil considering some of the size in the potential terrace front rowers this year.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Would someone who's seen the U16 QLD 2011 rep teams give any analysis on potential representative players for this year? The majority of QLD Schools 1 and 2 last year were year 12's and all the talk surrounded CFS and Curtis Browning so it would be nice to hear some new names.

I for one am interested in the growth of Ipswich lock Dan Preen from QLD I last year, not to mention Nudgee's inside centre Jack Tuttle.

B

bottleneck

Two of Nudgee"s backline wont be playing this year .Joel Hagen is out for the season with a shoulder operation and sprinter Tim Tulele is not playing rugby.Both boys would have been frontrunners for a backline position.

F

FelixMcabe

1. Luke Harlow
  2. Tom Mellor
  3. Robert Green
  4. Issac French
  5. Bill Ovenden
  6. Daniel Pepper
  7. Xavier Power
  8. Daniel Sitanilei
  9. Angus Fowler
  10. James Dalgliesh
  11. Kris Larosa
  12. Jack Heenan
  13. Jack McSweeny
  14. Tom Given
  15. Liam McInerney
  16. Matt Henwood
  17. Toby McNamee
  18. James Gilbert
  19. Lachy O'Rouke

No your wrong keep back kid
The team WILL be
1. Tommy Lee
2. Alex nguyen
3. Anthony Hahn
4. Greg Mar
5. Jamie maraj
6. Michael Fernando
7. Raul Sadwani (vc)
8. Emmanual Deng
9. Jhalli Pleasent
10. Emily Cowan
11. Michael suen
12. Tuan pham
13. Dan Vu (c)
14. Pat O'neil
15. Masatake Murakami

L

Lugees

Both boys come from the Sunnybank Rugby Club...Robert is from John Paul College i think but Daniel is definitely no Bris State High boy...Daniel comes from Marsden State High...both boys are 15yrs of age and new to the GPS circuit. Daniel is orginally from Melbourne Victoria and has only been in QLD for two years but has been playing school league and union in the weekends. I beleive its both boys first year at Terrace...so all the best to them in their efforts to contribute to the 1st XV, its a big ask and step for the both of them...no doubt i am sure they will give it their best and excell ;)

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Cody Blackhurst (BGS) Dimitri Loukaras (BSHS) and Alex Mafi (NC). Cody was a regular 1st XV player for BGS last year and was rewarded with a GPS 3 spot after some fantastic performances. Loukaras and Mafi both made QLD U16 squads last year and should perform strongly this season.

Daniel Anae (NC) and Nick Anderson (BGS) will, in my opinion, be the premier props in GPS, with Aaron Pleash (IGS) close behind. All played 1st XV last year and all made a big impact for their respective teams, with Anae starting for GPS 1 and Pleash making the combined 1/2 bench. Anderson was unavailable for selection last year but would have been in close contention for a QLD U16's spot at the very least. Looking forward to a big year from these boys.

Daniel Preen (IGS), Jack Cornelson (BGS) and Adam Korczyk (BSHS) are the biggest name returning locks, with Preen and Cornelson making GPS 1 & 2 respectively. Both are big boys, great ball runners and dominant in the line-out. Korczyk played QLD Red last year and with Curtis Browning finished, will be looking to fill his shoes.

With last year's masterclass of #6's and #7's (Browning, McMahon, Mitchell, Swann, Satui, Cail, Birgan, Vassiliades etc.) all departing, there aren't many experienced flankers left. Digger MacMillan, Michael Gunn ( both ACGS) and Andrew Saunders (BGS) had game time at #7 last year, performing well. All should will step up into the flanker role with ease, and should feature in teams come rep season. Henry Fitzgerald (NC) and Connor Mulheron (IGS) both made QLD U16's last year and should perform well for their schools. Michael Gilbert (BGS) is likely making the move from #5 to #6, and his experience should see development in his performance this year.

Another BGS player, Lakhem Aiono will be looking to make his mark at either #1 or #8 this season- coaches haven't decided yet. He is likely to fill a similar role to last year's Levi Aumua. A front-runner for a representative jersey, Aiono will be one to keep an eye on. From TSS, Dylan Paraka & Cato Perrin (16A's blindside and openside respectively) look set to make the step up to the 1st XV. They work well as a duo, and 2012 should be a big year for these boys.

I'm not to sure on halfbacks this year. Like flanker, it seems to be a position more-or-less dominated by year 12's in 2011. Jack Martin (BSHS), Jack Tuttle (NC) and Fergus Halliday (BGS) are likely to win the #9 position for their schools, all with representative experience. All three have tremendous potential and perform excellently.

There'll be some promising flyhalves going around this year, with a great deal of skill and experience. Mitch Third (TSS) is returning this year, having played #10 in the 1st XV last year with his efforts earning him a QLD White jersey. Being one of the few boys returning to the TSS 1sts this year he will have to step up, but I have no doubts he'll play at a high standard. James Dagleash from Gregory Terrace will be looking to establish himself this year, having also played in QLD White. Darcy Eason from Churchie will be backing up, and will be in contention for a QLD/GPS 1 spot.

Jack Tuttle (NC) will undoubtedly be the premier centre this year, having made QLD 1 and Australian Schools last year. With Billy Brittain departing, it will be interesting to see how Tuttle steps up and performs. Australian Rugby League representative Josh Birch (BGS) will be looking to make his mark after missing 2011 with a torn ACL. On the wings, Alex West, Monty Ioane and Dean Van Heteren Swemmer will be in contention for spots, with Ioane possibly moving to #13 so all three can be accommodated. The latter two both made GPS sides last year and should be among the best outside backs in the competition.

Other big names include TSS' Adam Gauder- QLD White winger last year, played 16A's. He has big boots to fill with Vince Cooney leaving, but I think he'll be a standout for TSS. Lewis Radford (BGS) has tremendous pace and ability under the high ball, and having already played 1st XV will be one of the standout wingers. Nudgee College's Joel Hagan is likely to make the step up to firsts level this year, and most people will know about his vast sporting talent and achievements.

Top fullbacks this year will be Tom Given (GT) and Logan Tibbets (BSHS). Both returning players, they have plenty of natural ability and experience making them ideal for the custodian role. Given in particular was one of the few shining lights for an otherwise dismal Terrace 2011, and hopefully continues his fine form in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.