• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpsrugby2012

Stan Wickham (3)
The BGS vs TGS game this weekend at Northgate should be a very interesting game and could determine the placings of these two underdog teams in the competition. In my belief, these are two Top 5 teams and the winner may go on to finish Top 3 but I don't see either placing any higher, purely due to the depth of the obvious contenders.

Played at home, the light dark blue will be tough, especially with prop Nick Anderson and flanker Nigel Wenck coming back from sickness. An already impressive forward pack will be boosted by the work rate of these two, slightly smaller, yet physical players. A possible inclusion from Trey Kemp on the wing may be assumed, his return from injury giving him an interchange for Lewis Radford against BSHS. But it will all come down to game day. With TGS confident after a resounding win over the pre-season favourites, they will be keen to put up a fight away from the ranges. Both teams boasting an impressive array of Queensland and Australian representatives, I reckon a one try win to Grammar.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Can someone give an analysis on the each player in year 11 and 10 at nudgee.

Year 11 students:
2.Alex Mafi, 5.Aran Speldewinde, 6.Maclean Jones, 8.Jayden Rodwell, 9.James Tuttle,
11.Riley Brennan, 15. Richard Aitsi,
Joel Hagan(injured) and Paulo Leleisiuao(injured).

gtjack

Herbert Moran (7)
Round 2
GT vs IGS - GT by less than a try
NC vs ACGS - NC by less than a try
TGS vs BGS - TGS by a try
BSHS vs BBC - BBC by 3 tries
TSS - Bye

J

John Coffee

Ha. Just harsh coz haven't seen a performance that bad. Rest assured, never wore any jersey with blue on it

actually, neither have I. Good point. Blue is better than Orange because it doesnt come with John Mitchell. Good luck for this weekend.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
the rumour of Tom Given being out for the season is untrue and will most likely be playing this weekend. The IGS v GT game will definitely be a close one. One factor adding to the positives for Terrace is the Home field advantage. However set pieces will be a struggle against the men from the western suburbs. Gt did a training at Tennyson a week ago against IGS and both teams look quite lethargic (this was training) but i personally hope the boys from the city get the win because i am a terrace boy, so i am estimating GT by 8, i do understand the many valid points highlighted by various posters as to why they believe IGS will win and i agree on most of them so the game could definitely go the other way. But i pray it doesn't. Round one was a cracker and I'm hoping for a great round on saturday again. But can somebody explain how BBC sound to have played so well against NC while missing so many key players?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
We've removed a bunch of posts and banned a few of the immature users posting in here; please keep this thread on the topic of Queensland GPS rugby.

If someone can please 'like' this post in a few days I'll come back and delete it as well.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
light should set up a tipping comp for next year
but yeah my predictions
NC d ACGS by 10
TGS d BGS by 12
BBC d BSHS by 25
GT d IGS by 6
TSS d DL by 20 (BYE)

gbanger

Peter Burge (5)
Big Postale back up the front for Nudgee. Anyone have any idea on the front row shuffle if Postale is back at hooker?

Status
Not open for further replies.