• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtjack

Herbert Moran (7)
Terrace First XV vs IGS (Round 2, Tennyson)
  1. R. Green
  2. T. Mellor
  3. L. Harlow
  4. I. French
  5. B. Laxon
  6. D. Pepper
  7. T. McNamee
  8. D. Sitanilei
  9. A. Fowler
  10. J. Dalgleish
  11. J. Jenkins
  12. K. Larosa
  13. J. Heenan
  14. H. Heath
  15. T. Given
Inj - L. O'Rourke, S. Wilson, X. Power

Pretty much the same side that comfortably beat Downlands last weekend, however the addition of Given's kicking game at the back should be a boost.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Will anybody be out at ACGS/NC or TGS/BGS? Looking forward to hearing some reports.

GT vs IGS - GT by 3
BGS vs TGS - TGS by 5
ACGS vs NC - NC by 5
BSHS vs BBC - BBC by 14

G

GPSPRIDE

Terrace First XV vs IGS (Round 2, Tennyson)
  1. R. Green
  2. T. Mellor
  3. L. Harlow
  4. I. French
  5. B. Laxon
  6. D. Pepper
  7. T. McNamee
  8. D. Sitanilei
  9. A. Fowler
  10. J. Dalgleish
  11. J. Jenkins
  12. K. Larosa
  13. J. Heenan
  14. H. Heath
  15. T. Given
Inj - L. O'Rourke, S. Wilson, X. Power

Pretty much the same side that comfortably beat Downlands last weekend, however the addition of Given's kicking game at the back should be a boost.

I think the IGS teams should be the same as the TSS game as there wern't any injuries to my understanding.

1. A Pleash
2. D Harris
3. L Takau
4. D Preen
5. J Parcell
6. C Mulheron
7. J Stephen
8. J Schultz
9. L Simms-Chambers
10. A Adcock
11. W Launsten
12. M Tela
13. L Hayes
14. B Kururangi
15. J Todd

Paper wise, IGS look to be in brilliant form. They have a strong team; big, powerful forwards and agile, skillful backs but are they getting to cocky after a heart felt win against TSS ? As for Terrace, with the return of Given, the moral of the team should be high, although it's going to come down to the heart of both teams. It's being played at Tennyson so the Terrace boys have one up on IGS already. I personally think the Hayes-Tela combination will enjoy destroying the likes of the Larosa-Heenan although with kicking game like Given, the results could show difference. French and Preen are both brilliant line-out jumpers so the set plays from the side look to be pretty tight. As for the scrums, well the trio Pleash, Harris and Takau will show dominance. It will be interesting to see plays like Harlow, a poorly developed scrumager compete against the Australian Schoolboy Aaron Pleash. Battle of the 8's will be a good match. Sitanelli vs Schults, both powerful and destructive players. This will be a good game gents. Let the footy begin.

G

GPSPRIDE

And as predictions go for this weekend:

TGS vs BGS - BGS 3+
NC vs ACGS - NC 5+
GT vs IGS - IGS 5+
BSHS vs BBC - BBC by 15+

PlayedinHeaven

Allen Oxlade (6)
Why do you think Terrace will win by 13+
I believe it will be a close game
I just think the style of rugby Terrace play will outmatch IGS in terms playing field position and then moving the ball around, dont get me wrong i think it will be tight for most of the game and IGS will take it to them up front, but i think if GT can get through the first 10/15 minutes without conceding points, they will get away at the back end of the match, With Nudgee, Postale will go to Prop because Mafi only plays hooker but they have done this in the trials so it wont take anything away from them, Nudgee has it over churchie in the tight five and thats where i think they will win it. everywhere else they are very evenly matched. Im tipping TGS because i think they will have the better game plan against BGS, Jason Gilmore (TGS coach) has coached and seen a lot of the BGS boys over the last few years and will know their weaknesses... tipping a very close game though. and Tipping BBC because i dont think BSHS have any game this year.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
that's a move that will come with its positives and negatives. His presence in the rucks and mauls are unlike any that I've seen before and will be severely missed there. However his ball running is just as good and will go right through any inside backs that aren't up to tackling.

G

GPSPRIDE

anyone have a scouting report for IGS #9? Apparently he had a screamer against TSS?
Yeah I can agree with you there. From what I understand, IGS has quite a big depth of halfbacks and so I believe the others that reserve put pressure on L. Simms-chambers to perform. Looking through teams lists, He played 2nds last year so he must be a year older and also represented QLD in Lloydies Indigenous. He's got a brilliant tackle, a good pass although the only criticism I could make was the lack of communication.

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sounds right- Jr to 12, Bronson to 8, Benroy to 1.
That is a very big move and could cause havoc for state high but it could also hurt BBC if it means that the ball will rarely get passed past the 12. Which to my understanding was one of the major factors that cost TSS a win against ippy last week

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
My predictions for this week is:

Churchie lose to nudgee by at least 7
Towoomba lose to grammar by less then 5
ippy lose to terrace by less than 7
State high lose to college by at least 7

There has been a lot of hype around the nudgee churchie game and the terrace ippy game but I think that the game to be at this weekend would be the grammar toowoomba game which I think will be the most tightly contested match of the week with grammar coming off a blow out against state high and toowoomba coming up a upset against premiership favourites churchie. Both teams confidence will be flying high and these two teams have some very exciting backs to watch.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Jack Tuttle makes a devastating 70m break fending off multiple tacklers for a 8'm try just outside the fifteen meter line to a supporting player. Conversion just missed, 5 - 0 nudgee.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
It's all Nudgee at the moment, another linebreak is only just stopped. Two players have already been injured for Chuchie, one is down after a crunching cover defense tackle. Looks to be getting back up. Nudgee scrum 15m from Churchie line...

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Nudgee score in the corner after 10+ phases on Churchie's line. 10 zip in favour of Nudgee, Churchie's premiership hopes are coming undone by the second and their fans know it

Status
Not open for further replies.