• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Big clash this weekend 6 versus 7 on table.
Otherwise known as TSS v Churchie. Loser for the spoon?
Nudgee score v BSHS could be ugly.
BBC to keep (mathematical) premiership hopes alive with win over an improved Terrace.
Big test for those on the BGS bandwagon - soon to be derailed. Undefeated run for 1 team to end. BGS by a whisker.
TGS v Downlands clash should be best in years with Grammar too strong.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Big round this week Gents,
TSS V ACGS
NC v BSHS
BBC V GT
BGS V IGS
TGS V Downlands (worth a mention for the range rivalry)

TSS V ACGS will be interesting, with TSS coming off one of GPS sports 'hardest things to do' in beating NC
at Ross oval. By all reports TSS played much better with the pressure and had a much more cohesive gameplan than their Catholic counterparts, who it seems structure let them down. Personally I remain unconvinced of TSS's strength and we will see how they go against Churchie, who have a very different structure to NC.This will be very tight again however TSS being at home may well be the difference, they should have this by 8.

NC V BSHS is the next game, and the question on everyones lips is will NC post a new high score this seasonand take the top first xv score to 70+. That can best be answered by the result of Jack Tuttles fitness, whomwas sorely missed last week. NC by plenty

BBC V GT will be another tight game, with GT looking to make amends after last weeks loss and BBC also in the close yet so far book with a tight draw against ACGS. GT remind me of the reds of old and seem to be very prone to doing stupid things instead of closing the game out, as well as losing concerntration regularly and making some really stupid decisions in defense (see after kick-off against TGS). At the same time BBC where guilty of closing up shop too early against Churchie last week, especially considering the ref decided it was late night Thursdayand didn't blow for full time for ages. Captain Hood is still out for BBC with an infected heart which is very disapointing for them, as is Conrad Quick. Sala was immense last week in smashing the daylights out of anyone who crosses his path and expect him to do it again. BBC should win by 1-10 in what is their old boys day too, so look for a big crowd amongst the Miskin faithful.

BGS V IGS is again another cracker and in my opinion the match of the round. Grammar have shown that despite not having the best cattle on offer, they have by far the best sheep dog in town in Sam Greene, who has so far been clinical in his decision making and execution at number 10 this year. Grammar have shown so far they have the aggression to match it with the big boys and have been rewarded by being undefeated. Greene's enormous boot will control proceedings and set the platform for everyone else. IGS will play well but Grammar have shown in weeks previous they are just too strong for the entire 70. Grammar by 10

Players to watch this weekend

Tuttle (if fit)
Tarr
Sala
Dalgleish (looking forward to him playing against Greene, sounds like a match up that would have GT Jack excited)
Greene

B

BBC-PRIDE

BGS V IGS is again another cracker and in my opinion the match of the round. Grammar have shown that despite not having the best cattle on offer, they have by far the best sheep dog in town in Sam Greene, who has so far been clinical in his decision making and execution at number 10 this year. Grammar have shown so far they have the aggression to match it with the big boys and have been rewarded by being undefeated. Greene's enormous boot will control proceedings and set the platform for everyone else. IGS will play well but Grammar have shown in weeks previous they are just too strong for the entire 70. Grammar by 10

Your right. How Ipswich try and shutdown Greene will be very interesting to watch and is the reason why im going down to Ippy to watch this one.

RugbyInterest

Herbert Moran (7)
TSS V ACGS
NC v BSHS
BBC V GT
BGS V IGS
TGS V Downlands (worth a mention for the range rivalry)

TSS V ACGS will be interesting, with TSS coming off one of GPS sports 'hardest things to do' in beating NC
at Ross oval. By all reports TSS played much better with the pressure and had a much more cohesive gameplan than their Catholic counterparts, who it seems structure let them down. Personally I remain unconvinced of TSS's strength and we will see how they go against Churchie, who have a very different structure to NC.This will be very tight again however TSS being at home may well be the difference, they should have this by 8.

NC V BSHS is the next game, and the question on everyones lips is will NC post a new high score this seasonand take the top first xv score to 70+. That can best be answered by the result of Jack Tuttles fitness, whomwas sorely missed last week. NC by plenty

BBC V GT will be another tight game, with GT looking to make amends after last weeks loss and BBC also in the close yet so far book with a tight draw against ACGS. GT remind me of the reds of old and seem to be very prone to doing stupid things instead of closing the game out, as well as losing concerntration regularly and making some really stupid decisions in defense (see after kick-off against TGS). At the same time BBC where guilty of closing up shop too early against Churchie last week, especially considering the ref decided it was late night Thursdayand didn't blow for full time for ages. Captain Hood is still out for BBC with an infected heart which is very disapointing for them, as is Conrad Quick. Sala was immense last week in smashing the daylights out of anyone who crosses his path and expect him to do it again. BBC should win by 1-10 in what is their old boys day too, so look for a big crowd amongst the Miskin faithful.

Players to watch this weekend

Tuttle (if fit)
Tarr
Sala
Dalgleish (looking forward to him playing against Greene, sounds like a match up that would have GT Jack excited)
Greene

Any tip for TGS v Downlands?

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Good preview, but would have to disagree on some key areas. First of all, the scoreline. An injury depleted Terrace has already beaten BBC this year, and I'd expect to see them do it again. In their first matchup Terrace was missing Dalgleish, Sitanilei and was trialling a weaker front row that was scrapped a week later. This week Terrace is only missing Laxon, who is amply made up for with Ovenden, while regaining Dalgleish to play their full strength backline. If you think Benroy enjoys hitting people, watch Sitanilei play. A team with a much improved defence (which was tested against TGS, who found a weakness which they exploited for two tries, kick defence) and bigger pack will look to establish superiority over BBC in the forwards, but it looks to be a dead rubber. In the backs, Fakasoleia vs the defensive Larosa looks set to be an intriguing battle, however Lolo's size should see him able to win the battle towards the end of the game. Dalgleish, Given and Heenan's playmaking ability should put Terrace over the top in the backline. GT by a try.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Tips:
TSS V ACGS - TSS by 5, last minute try.
NC v BSHS - NC by 20+
BBC V GT - BBC by 10
BGS V IGS - BGS by 15
TGS V Downlands - TGS by 10+

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)

The highest 1st XV score is held by State High I'm pretty sure when they towelled up BGS a few years ago with their glamour team. They posted 110?? I'm happy to be corrected.
Can see Nudgee scoring that against State High this weekend though

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Just to clarify gents I did mean the top first XV score this season, not all time.

I forgot to tip TGS v Downlands, my apologies. I will say that I don't know all that much about downlands, so I'm happy to be corrected on any of this but I still think TGS will win - their team is too big & fit for the other boys up the range. TGS by 10

Also Sabanator, GT beat BBC in the trials I'll agree, however BSHS beat BBC in the trials too, and we saw how that worked out. The moral of the story is I don't think the trials have shown the skill level of the BBC team. I've played alongside Given, Dalgleish & Ovenden before at club level and they where great players even then as 9~10~11 year olds, so I'm sure they are formiddable oponents now particularly in attack. Whilst it might give GT an extra try or so and BBC have a couple out, these guys have to contend with an in form #9, Junior at full fitness as well as the hard hitting of Sala &co. It should be very tight and I think it will go either way, depending on which teams style gets the better of another.

gtjack

Herbert Moran (7)
If the rumours about Fakasoleia being out are true, I take Terrace by two tries. If he plays, it'll be alot, lot closer

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
If the rumours about Fakasoleia being out are true, I take Terrace by two tries. If he plays, it'll be alot, lot closer

Fakasoleia tore ligaments in his ankle and is currently in a moon boot, looks to miss a few weeks. BBC are now missing: Fakasoleia, Quick, Banks, Kallel (Not 100% sure) and not sure when Braden Hood returns either

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
spikhaza will you be at miskin with your bird this weekend?

I'll be on the sidelines but the woman won't, she has hockey. Looking forward to haggling some Catholics. No junior probably means no college win but we'll see how it goes on the day. I watched the last part of first training today, wouldn't want to give any game plan away as it could stop any potential mauling ;)

Hood is definately out with an infected heart and is in hospital, wish him a speedy recovery.

Likely BBC First XV Lineup

1. Sala
2. Lawless
3. Stewart
4. Mann
5. Edwards
6. ?? Shuffle
7. ?? No hood
8. Tiakapolu
9. Diaring
10. Can't remember this fellas name off the top of my head
11. ?? shuffle