• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Usain Bolt

The GPS rules prevent all fresh reserves. All players must have played on that day before they can sit on the bench for the firsts.

G

GPS fan

It will probably be a little closer than you might think. Don't forget that it was Ipswich who denied Churchie the premiership last year, no doubt there will be a fair few Churchie boys seeking redemption for not only that loss but their season so far.

I wonder if given a second chance the GPS selectors would change their teams after looking at the table.

Really after all the pre-season talk, yourself included, Churchie have shown nothing. Now with just 2 games left in the season Churchie have now decided to seek redemption have they? Surely you jest?

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Really after all the pre-season talk, yourself included, Churchie have shown nothing. Now with just 2 games left in the season Churchie have now decided to seek redemption have they? Surely you jest?
From what I've seen of ACGS they look like they are really becoming a real team rather than the individuals which they were at the beginning of the season. While IGS have played quite good rugby, I think both teams will really have quite a shot. The team which wants it more will win and I think after such and abysmal start to the season, ACGS will be playing for pride. I think this might just get them over the line, but it will be close

Terradome

Peter Burge (5)
Terrace lineups there are questionable, a few names in the 3rds that are head and shoulders above opposing schools firsts players. Just playing for fun this year it would seem but there is real potential in that team.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
I've heard this is true aswell
It is possible, but from the time the teams were posted to last night, not much could have changed with his attitude - I don't think there was any training on Friday afternoon. I also don't think such a good player would be dropped so suddenly. Anyway, we will just have to wait and see. Where did people hear this from? I heard it from a GT boy, so it could just be a rumor going round Terrace...

guildford

Peter Burge (5)
BGS 24 d GT 7 - Quite a boring game. Yellow card to Jack Cornelsen and Robbie Green (I think) after a fight. Seemed like a really slow game with neither team playing good attacking rugby. Looking forward to a big crowd at Ross Oval next week.

Agree very lacklustre game. Terrace dominated possession and territory and could not mount a useful attack. It was the GT #2 sin binned. Grammar deserved the win but did not really look like a Premiership team and I suggest will have to improve greatly to come close to NC.

Edited - possibly libellous - Lee Grant

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
BGS 24 d GT 7 - Quite a boring game. Yellow card to Jack Cornelsen and Robbie Green (I think) after a fight. Seemed like a really slow game with neither team playing good attacking rugby. Looking forward to a big crowd at Ross Oval next week.
On another note, Mort Duff sustained an accidental hit from a GT touch judge with a flag in an attempt to break up one of the many fights in the 16 C's.
Edited

What a game it was! Highlights included grammar being marched 50m for backchatting to the ref as well as a good old schoolboy brawl in the end as gt crossed the line. In the end the gt prevailed as 12-0 victors. I recall seeing the head of terrace rugby and vice principal having heavily heated discussions with grammar staff. How Intresting, would have loved to heard what was said.

On more important matters, anY news on the BSHS VS TGS and TSS VS BBC?

Disco3

Frank Row (1)
The person abusing the referee after the game was a BGS parent. I'm not saying it was justified, as a referee I know how annoying parents are, just clarifying that it wasn't a Grammar coach. The BGS head of rugby was at the game and I saw him have a strong talk to the team after the game. The problem I think was really just to much smack coming over Facebook before the game and some boys only playing for the fights.

guildford

Peter Burge (5)
The person abusing the referee after the game was a BGS parent. I'm not saying it was justified, as a referee I know how annoying parents are, just clarifying that it wasn't a Grammar coach. The BGS head of rugby was at the game and I saw him have a strong talk to the team after the game. The problem I think was really just to much smack coming over Facebook before the game and some boys only playing for the fights.
Well if that is the example set by the parents it is no wonder that the boys on the field behaved the way they did. T

Status
Not open for further replies.