• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Interesting- both BGS and BBC on a rebuild year this year. That must be scary for BGS- having their lunch eaten by a young BBC team.
2014 is looking impressive for BBC- who are the 11 that have another year in the 1st's?
Gunther and Wilkins are in grade 10 so they have 3 years left. !Gunther must be the biggest 15 year old in the comp but then again meat is cheap in Gunnehda. But what a great country boy he is .he is regularly over at my cousins place. Captain in 2015 I think.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Interesting- both BGS and BBC on a rebuild year this year. That must be scary for BGS- having their lunch eaten by a young BBC team.
2014 is looking impressive for BBC- who are the 11 that have another year in the 1st's?

As I understand it the only ones who will not be back are:
Bowen-Boyer- going to Broncos
Ben Roy
Conrad Q
Nathan Russell - talking to Reds academy and Titans I hear.
Bronson- not sure yet

So from yesterday's team add in Wilkins and you get 11 back. Plus a red hot 15A team with 5 in rep sides yesterday and 1 in Australian under 15 league team . Nudgee and Southport will have too much depth next year. That TSS under 16 team is brilliant. But 2015 could be interesting

Dyson

Peter Burge (5)
During the BSHS game against BBC there was an injury to BSHS prop Addi Isaac he was replaced by Dalton Newell who has only played prop this year. Both Dalton and the other prop Enoka Kalapu are 16 years old and although they didn't dominate the BBC scrum they more than held there own. Maybe BGS need to get some help from the BSHS forwards coach if they have no faith in there props. If you don't want to play rugby there's always league.It's a hard game let's not water it down like other codes. Harden up BGS.

gngfiend

Allen Oxlade (6)
All this talk about the BBC 15as is a bit silly. The lineups change so much in yr 11 and 12 with imports etc. near possible to predict a premiership. Gt 15as from 2007 went through undefeated. Gt 1st xv finished 5th in 2009.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sparky

Frank Nicholson (4)
All this talk about the BBC 15as is a bit silly. The lineups change so much in yr 11 and 12 with imports etc. near possible to predict a premiership. Gt 15as from 2007 went through undefeated. Gt 1st xv finished 5th in 2009.

That was a great terrace team with the likes of gill, Lucas and maranta. One of the best 'non imports' side in the last 10 years. All they needed was a front row, a 10 and 2 imports at 13 and let's say 15 and they would of give state high a run for there money!

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
W
Phew. The season isn't over yet BBC, worry about next yr in the offseason

Nobodies worried... Just responding to an earlier post about whether BBC should be optimistic or not about the next few years given the state of their program.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Mr Light . I have really enjoyed reading your posts over the last couple of weeks but you got this wrong.BBC worried. Not at all. They have 11 ( eleven ) boys back next year and an undefeated15A team . 3 of that 15A team will go straight into 1sts next year. BBC never expected to go close to winning a premiership this year. Phillpotts has a 3 year plan . That is for 2015 when Gunter and Wilkins( already in 1sts) link up with the undefeated15A team in grade 12 when after 106 years they will finally have sufficient depth for 2 players in every 1st xv position. BTW the BBC gameplan against BGS yesterday had Phillpotts fingerprints all over it.

Fair enough, but how do you replace Nathan Russell, Conrad Quick, Benroy Sala and Bronson T?

The 15A team may be undefeated but just in those four guys alone you lose the core of the side, Russell in particular has been a standout this year. I'm not saying that the 15A side won't be a better prospect in two years time but there will be plenty of movement in other squads that may hinder BBC's chances. IMO Nudgee aren't as strong this year as in previous years, ACGS and IGS are strong but still inconsistent and TSS aren't playing to their potential. GT and BSHS are rebuilding their rugby programs and no one really knows what TGS are up to.

There would be a few schools with their eye on the title in 2015 I reckon.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Fair enough, but how do you replace Nathan Russell, Conrad Quick, Benroy Sala and Bronson T?

The 15A team may be undefeated but just in those four guys alone you lose the core of the side, Russell in particular has been a standout this year. I'm not saying that the 15A side won't be a better prospect in two years time but there will be plenty of movement in other squads that may hinder BBC's chances. IMO Nudgee aren't as strong this year as in previous years, ACGS and IGS are strong but still inconsistent and TSS aren't playing to their potential. GT and BSHS are rebuilding their rugby programs and no one really knows what TGS are up to.

There would be a few schools with their eye on the title in 2015 I reckon.
Light.. I agree. You replace them by improving the rugby culture and program as a whole from 13a's and up, which is something that I think you will see that if you tabulate the last 2 years, BBC is in the progress of doing. BTW, always have appreciated your posts so please don't see my comments as being contrary to yours.

No one is saying BBC will win in 2014, 2015, 2016....etc. I think the general gist is they are not the soft inner-city boys anymore who will stand by their academic prowess alone.

Giteau

Frank Row (1)

This is the Churchie vs BBC 15a match from a few weeks back, very interesting to watch. I was impressed with Churchie's set piece and forward structure, they severely lacked in making there tackles against the much larger BBC backline. BBC punished Churchie's errors throughout the game posting a 22-5 scoreline.

ACGS #15 and BBC Green headgear were two of the most livewire players I have ever seen, players to watch out for in years to come.

gngfiend

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yet another complaint against GT parents and students regarding racism. Nudgee 16cs were targeted. Png and indigenous boys more specifically.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
As I understand it the only ones who will not be back are:
Bowen-Boyer- going to Broncos
Ben Roy
Conrad Q
Nathan Russell - talking to Reds academy and Titans I hear.
Bronson- not sure yet

So from yesterday's team add in Wilkins and you get 11 back. Plus a red hot 15A team with 5 in rep sides yesterday and 1 in Australian under 15 league team . Nudgee and Southport will have too much depth next year. That TSS under 16 team is brilliant. But 2015 could be interesting
How can you predict results from under age games.. I predict only 4 players from the TSS under 16a team will make it to first and be successful . If they were good footballers they would be in there now or at least used. Didn't they get bet by nudgee and BBC will threaten ... You need to focus on more that that to be successful in 1sts...

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
BBC are looking at improving the program in the short term and long term if that makes sense (I said that very diplomatically). Having 5 teams in the 13's compared with 3 last year is where it starts, those boys will get hooked on footy and keep going, especially when they are winning more than 50% of their games.

Do that for a few years and all of a sudden there is a lot more depth at the school. The issue is having a sustained effort over that time and not slipping up. Can it be done? Certainly.

One of BBC's goals in the next few years should be to field a 16D/E team. At the moment every year the U15s lose a few players to the firsts in U16's and there is only 3 teams in the 16 age group. I think you will find it's a really good indicator of the participation and quality of the program if that changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.