• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
terrace 1st XV squad absolutely dominated the state team tonigh 9 tries to 1. It is a shame that the new player HIALE cannot play 1's this year, he was devastating in the back line and will be a huge asset for the 16a's. it will be interesting to see how the back line works out but the forward pack looks fairly set in concrete in terms of competence
I wonder if this is the same Hiale Roycroft that I played touch walla rugby with back in U6's...

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Yes- and can someone confirm that you are not eligible if you are on contract to an NRL club? I know that since Polla Mounter went to Bulldogs straight after British Isles tour that you must sign with ARU to tour with Aussie Schoolboys. But does that apply Qld schoolboys as well. . If so a lot of great players will not be selected .

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
terrace 1st XV squad absolutely dominated the state team tonigh 9 tries to 1. It is a shame that the new player HIALE cannot play 1's this year, he was devastating in the back line and will be a huge asset for the 16a's. it will be interesting to see how the back line works out but the forward pack looks fairly set in concrete in terms of competence
would I be correct in saying they look to be a defensive side and very competitive at the breakdown? without the spark of hiale how will they cope in back like attack?

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
Dear Monday Expert
Your post did not really "get things humming"as you expected.
Can I suggest 3 reasons for this:
1)your sagacious knowledge of schoolboy footballers going back 30 years-is unparrelled in this thread(meaning you are probably a teacher) ;
2)your irreverent comment that "but one wonders how many fair goes he got before the final one tripped him up"(about Lolo) was in extremley bad taste -in reference to a school that has been the last to embrace importing(and then only where the Cwth Govt pays 50% on an indigenous basis);and
3) your comment that"players do not operate under the same pressures as BGS, ACGS or GT"was again in poor taste and inaccurate- as everyone knows that for over a decade BBC has been in the top 5 academic shools(by results) in this State.Look at the 2011 results-which school had the highest % of OP1 to 5 of any school in Qld(hint-it is at Toowong).

Thanks GSP, no the comment didn't get much humming - my bad - but it did draw your response. (1) You can have knowledge about schools rugby by being associated with schools but this does not necessarily mean one is a teacher. I did like "sagacious". Compared to some of the peurile stuff here, we might need a bit more "sagacious".
(2) You obviously forget the days of the BBC South African scholarship imports in the mid 90's so please spare me the stuff about how lily white BBC are when it comes to scholarship offerings and get your facts right. My mail is that they got quite a few promising fellows on Tom Barker's watch and most didn't fit or didn't last or returned to wherever they came from. BBC promised a lot in 2012 and were cruelled by injury to their best players. Recruitment is about player talent but the boy needs to be a chance to fit the school and get value from it beyond the playing field or the whole thing is wasted. (3) Oh please!! spare me the drivel about BBC and their results. Everyone knows that the students who drag the OP average down at BBC are channelled out of the OP program so that it only reflects the performance of "academic" boys. I think BGS may have something to say about OP performance given that in 2012 around 50% of their senior cohort ( that's everyone, not just the smart ones while the window lickers are kept out of sight eating crayons) got OP1-3 including about 51 OP1's.
If you want to use this forum to spruik BBC academic credentials, maybe you are in the wrong place. This is to discuss GPS rugby.

G

Gregan

Saw the terrace boys heading on a bus northside yesterday - so they weren't playing at their home fields at tenyson

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
Saw the terrace boys heading on a bus northside yesterday - so they weren't playing at their home fields at tenyson

I think they played at brothers? can anyone give a break down of the game, who played well and who didn't?

Theplayerhater

Bob McCowan (2)
word is that Stuart Robben and Dean Galanos are going to join the 15a's of state high in their first year of rugby coming from being in the rowing industry.

Groundwork

Frank Row (1)
I think they played at brothers? can anyone give a break down of the game, who played well and who didn't?

Yes your correct they played at brothers last night down at Crosby park. To be completely honest, the game was extremely one sided and it wasn't much competition for GT as the opposing teams defense was fairly useless. In the first two quarters, the 1st squad played and as expected dominated in the forwards and were slick in the backline, the second squad was more of a 16a/2nd XV but still held their own and scored some great tries.

Although its early days, from yesterday this is the team that I can see being in 2013 is

1 - Nat Kash
2 - Sam Wilson??
3 - Robbie Green
4 - Ben Laxon
5 - Dominic Sester
6 - Connor Moroney
7 - Toby Mcnamee
8 - Kyle Leofa
9 - Fowler (But dalgleish is being looked on)
10 - Alex Horan (If dalgleish goes 9 - fowler will move to 10)
11 - Jenkins
12 - Kris Lerosa
13 - Nikau Te-rupe
14 - Jack Lodder
15 - George Partridge

expect a big team for the 16a's this year featuring Hiale and Isaiah Grace

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
Yes your correct they played at brothers last night down at Crosby park. To be completely honest, the game was extremely one sided and it wasn't much competition for GT as the opposing teams defense was fairly useless. In the first two quarters, the 1st squad played and as expected dominated in the forwards and were slick in the backline, the second squad was more of a 16a/2nd XV but still held their own and scored some great tries.

Although its early days, from yesterday this is the team that I can see being in 2013 is

1 - Nat Kash
2 - Sam Wilson??
3 - Robbie Green
4 - Ben Laxon
5 - Dominic Sester
6 - Connor Moroney
7 - Toby Mcnamee
8 - Kyle Leofa
9 - Fowler (But dalgleish is being looked on)
10 - Alex Horan (If dalgleish goes 9 - fowler will move to 10)
11 - Jenkins
12 - Kris Lerosa
13 - Nikau Te-rupe
14 - Jack Lodder
15 - George Partridge

expect a big team for the 16a's this year featuring Hiale and Isaiah Grace

I take it Isaiah didn't preform? thought he was brought in on a scholarship? George Partridge must have step up this season. Dom Sester at lock, thought he played backrow? who eles is playing that position, terrace seems to be lacking there. I wouldn't mind Sam Wilson given a shot at second row, although he isn't as mobile as a lock should be. Are you 100% certain Hiale can't play firsts this year, heard he played really well?

Ipswichtilldeath

Frank Row (1)
I take it Isaiah didn't preform? thought he was brought in on a scholarship? George Partridge must have step up this season. Dom Sester at lock, thought he played backrow? who eles is playing that position, terrace seems to be lacking there. I wouldn't mind Sam Wilson given a shot at second row, although he isn't as mobile as a lock should be. Are you 100% certain Hiale can't play firsts this year, heard he played really well?
I saw Isaiah playing on the wing he looked a bit lost but he still ended up managing to get 2 turnovers and was solid in the rucks from what I saw from his game play maybe he's more suited to forwards? But Yes the met north team was no competition but the one player who stepped up in my eyes was Alex Horan he's more then fixed up his defence as it showed when he put a big tackle on one of the oppositions big forwards. even though Terrace looks like there teams going to be alright I still don't think they have what it takes to take out a premiership anytime soon. Im looking forward to seeing IGS play in the trials as I believe they have made some very big changes and will be fielding a strong team with the help of there NSW imports.

Status
Not open for further replies.