• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
If all this talk of repeaters at TSS related to boys in Grade 12 last year the fact is that only 2 players were in Grade 12 last year. Mitch Third spent a lot of the season out with injury so you could hardly begrudge him another crack at it. I heard this talk at Terrace last week but the team was in fact loaded with Grade 11's last year.
Mitch Third, Sam Clifton and Isaak Fines were all in grade 12 last year. But every school repeats players in some manner. Getting new players to repeat year 10 or 11 still counts as repeating in my opinion.

SeaEagles

Allen Oxlade (6)
Predictions for this weekend anyone?
1 27/07/2013 TSS IGS TSS
2 27/07/2013 NC BBC NC
3 27/07/2013 ACGS TGS ACGS
4 27/07/2013 BSHS BGS BSHS
5 27/07/2013 Bye GT Bye

TSS V IGS - TSS by 9
NC V BBC - NC by 3
ACGS V TGS - ACGS by 14
BSHS V BGS - BGS by 10

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Mitch Third, Sam Clifton and Isaak Fines were all in grade 12 last year. But every school repeats players in some manner. Getting new players to repeat year 10 or 11 still counts as repeating in my opinion.

There are seven 2012 TSS First XV members returning for 2013 team.

These are Jake Lyons, Sam Clifton, Evander Guttenbeil, Luke Papworth,

Mitch Third, Nili Fiela and Isaac Nathan.

Only three 2012 16A players made this year's Firsts:

Joel Brown,Fred Dorrough and PJ VanDenBerg.

J.Upfield , Isaac Fines and Ed. Gibson were in 2012 Second XV.

The two new faces are T.Perkins and J.Fittock

Can someone from TSS give us background of Perkins and Fittock.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
There are seven 2012 TSS First XV members returning for 2013.

Joel Brown,Fred Dorrough and PJ VanDeBerg.

While most are not repeating, the majority are either 18 already or turning 18 this year due to TSS's intake being aligned with the NSW education system and not QLD. With these guys being on average one year older than most other teams, it may be why the misconception that they are repeating.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
TSS dominate QLD trials
The red hot favourites for 2013 rugby premiers

ScreenHunter_002.jpg

mbw

Allen Oxlade (6)

My mistake did repeat but was in the 2nds

mbw

Allen Oxlade (6)
There are seven 2012 TSS First XV members returning for 2013 team.

Joel Brown,Fred Dorrough and PJ VanDenBerg.

J.Upfield , Isaac Fines and Ed. Gibson were in 2012 Second XV.

The two new faces are T.Perkins and J.Fittock

Can someone from TSS give us background of Perkins and Fittock.

Perkins is every A team since at least 14's.

Fittock I believe may have come from Altstonville High in northern NSW and I think that may be the same school as hooker Jake Lyon.

mbw

Allen Oxlade (6)
Perkins is every A team since at least 14's.

Fittock I believe may have come from Altstonville High in northern NSW and I think that may be the same school as hooker Jake Lyon. Also Gibson played probably 6 games last year in the 1sts.

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
100% correct as NC found out during GPS tennis this year.
If he has arrived-he will have to play other than 1st xv.
Well so I thought too but, this source confirmed he was in the 2nd XV for this week and you can bet he is on the bench for the 1sts. if Asiata truly did wake up one day and think, gee... Keebra games don't seem to have any lineouts - hang on - they're all playing rugby league!!! I've just got to move to a rugby school !! then someone somewhere has enticed him past TSS up the road to Churchie where he isn't boarding so work that out. I think he is Yr 11 so he will get 2 years worth of play. Good luck to the Churchie front rowers who have slogged it out through pre season - you know what is about to happen. I'm neither here nor there for Churchie or any school for that matter and at the risk of being directed to another thread, there's something about this one I don't like, no matter what school it happens at.

SeaEagles

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well so I thought too but, this source confirmed he was in the 2nd XV for this week and you can bet he is on the bench for the 1sts. if Asiata truly did wake up one day and think, gee. Keebra games don't seem to have any lineouts - hang on - they're all playing rugby league!!! I've just got to move to a rugby school !! then someone somewhere has enticed him past TSS up the road to Churchie where he isn't boarding so work that out. I think he is Yr 11 so he will get 2 years worth of play. Good luck to the Churchie front rowers who have slogged it out through pre season - you know what is about to happen. I'm neither here nor there for Churchie or any school for that matter and at the risk of being directed to another thread, there's something about this one I don't like, no matter what school it happens at.

How do they justify that? The rules are clear. He can't play at all in First XV this season. Are you sure? No surprises on the school if it is true...

Status
Not open for further replies.