• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
CHURCHIE 34 d NUDGEE 7
That was impressive. At Ross oval too

I think it's fair to say that Churchie dominated most facets of play. A very complete performance that had NC shell-shocked and with no Plan B for large portions of the match. Churchie's outstanding defence regularly forced NC into handling errors and poor options. Churchie's wings and centres were especially good, but the real key is that Jason Gilmore is an exceptional coach of younger players. He has totally transformed the ACGS team from 2012's so-so skill and capability levels.

I suspect that posters here that auto-favoured NC to win did not see how well ACGS beat TGS last week and perhaps also did not notice how close have been NC's early season victories.

ACGS v TSS (at Churchie) will be huge.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Nudgee will be lamenting home loss to Churchie.

They opened the scoring and then got smacked by a very

committed ACGS. #12Nigel Tanuvasa was a wrecking ball all day.

Other outstanding players were #10Mack Mason, #14Aiden Dempsey,

#9Harry Nucifora and #3Brodie Brusasco.

Very impressive win to the blue n grey. Congrats Jason Gillmore.

Can someone explain how the same team lost to State High :confused:

Because (a) BSHS 2013 version have remarkable intensity and all-of-80 commitment combined with some excellent players this year and (b) ACGS grew complacent and inattentive in the last 10 minutes of that game, I felt the Churchie team mood was 'we'll never lose to State High, just play the last minutes out' and their defence and especially their forwards were caught napping. Churchie was ahead until the last minutes, then BSHS pounced through excellent grinding forwards play from 20 metres out from Churchie's line (steered very well by their smart 10), and scored a masterful try right under the posts.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
BBC firsts dropped swain for palmer, swain played 16a along with gunter, both representing nsw and qld in u15. Was an easy win for them

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
TSS 2nd XV defeated Downlands 2nd XV 36 - 7 in the main game of the day.

Mat Rogers' son Jack playing for TSS 2nd XV
VmiZxxl.jpg

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Team line ups NC v ACGS as per program

NC--------------------- Churchie
1.G.Luka------------1.W.Bailey
2.A.Mafi------------- 2.J.Webb
3.M.Gibbon--------- 3.B.Brusasco
4.A.Spelderwinde- 4.J.Gimpel
5.R.Hewat---------- 5.J.Acworth
6.J.Rodwell--------- 6.L.Wright
7.J.Evans----------- 7.B.Hughes
8.M.Jones----------- 8.H.Fox
9.E.Pilz-------------- 9.H.Nucifora
10.J.Tuttle---------- 10.M.Mason
11.T.Hussey-------- 11.M.Quigley
12.C.Pritchard----- 12.N.Tanuvasa
13.J.Deshon-------- 13.I.Perese
14.F.Calugay------- 14.A.Dempsey
15.R.Aitsi------------15.B.Ogilvie

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
BSHS lacked a lot of intensity today against a very strong and determined college at home. If they'd switched on from kick off it would have been a lot closer.

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
BSHS lacked a lot of intensity today against a very strong and determined college at home. If they'd switched on from kick off it would have been a lot closer.

I think we watched a different game Sam - I thought that BSHS played 110% against a better opponent, and that intensity kept them in the game longer than they should've been. I thought BBC's execution and intensity was off at times !

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Wow, some amazing results.

You would have to look very hard for a larger losing margin by Nudgee on Ross oval.

My info from other games was that BGS did not turn up and played that way against a TGS side that played with great commitment.

The lead in the IGS v Gt game changed seven or eight times. Poor discipline let IGS being penalized at crucial times for talking back to the ref eventually costing more points than the winning margin.

Well TSS now the team to beat and as I have said in an earlier post any team could win on the day. Exciting weeks ahead.

Johnny13

Peter Burge (5)
ACGS vs NC was a cracker. Good team win. Many players stepping up. Mason running the show with Perese and Tanuvasa running through the backline. Fox really lead the forwards well Webb also helping.
Very enjoyable game.

Monster

Peter Burge (5)
I think we watched a different game Sam - I thought that BSHS played 110% against a better opponent, and that intensity kept them in the game longer than they should've been. I thought BBC's execution and intensity was off at times !

State High definitely controlled and recycled the ball better when they had it and played with great intensity. Just seemed to run out of steam at the end and BBC, when they controlled the ball were always dangerous.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Not many days where Churchie wins only 2 games against another school. Amazing.
Ok 1 was smashing Nudgee firsts.
Similar to three years ago when Nudgee beat TSS in all grades except 1st XV.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
1st XV: ACGS 34 d NC 7; BBC 35 d BSHS 25; TGS 28 d BGS 10; GT 32 d IGS 26

16A: NC 32 d ACGS 0; BBC 36 d BSHS 8; TGS 12 d BGS 5; IGS 19 d GT 12

15A: NC 20 d ACGS 14; BBC 22 d BSHS 17; TGS 46 d BGS 0; IGS 19 d GT 12

14A: NC 20 d ACGS 17; BBC 31 d BSHS 7;BGS 24 d TGS 12; GT 15 d IGS 14

13A: NC 22 d ACGS 5; BBC 26 d BSHS 17; TGS 38 d BGS 12; GT 31 d IGS 5

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)

Interesting results across the board confirm that this will be a close season and there will be great competitions across all grades.
Interesting to see that the only clean sweep above was BBC.

FlashFlanker

Herbert Moran (7)
Interesting results across the board confirm that this will be a close season and there will be great competitions across all grades.
Interesting to see that the only clean sweep above was BBC.

Taipan's results were an interesting read. I thought I would check BBC V BSHS last year and see how it compared to today's results.

Last year BBC won 3 games Vs BSHS. This year they lost just 1. I agree that next week Vs ACGS will be the litmus test.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
BGS vs TGS in the 16 A's was inconclusive, and TGS should not have the credits for victory. (Was ended at about the 30 minute mark due to serious injury...ambulance was on the field). BGS were gaining momentum and the end result could have been different.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
BGS vs TGS in the 16 A's was inconclusive, and TGS should not have the credits for victory. (Was ended at about the 30 minute mark due to serious injury.ambulance was on the field). BGS were gaining momentum and the end result could have been different.

Any details on the injury?

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)

Only a few rounds in and the number of undefeated teams has diminished rapidly. Here they are after three rounds:-

Opens - TSS
16A's - TSS, TGS
15A's - BBC
14A's - GT, NC
13A's - GT, NC

Good to see not one school dominating every age group but looks like some skews at the bottom and top end of the age groups. Although TSS and GT teams have enjoyed the benefit of the bye so it only reflects two games to date and not three that all the others have played.

Saying that, the TSS Open and 16's team are looking red hot and the GT 14's have form being unbeaten in the previous year.

Status
Not open for further replies.