• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gregan

Rumours are circulating that Grammar's Matt Marsden has sustained an injury to his ankle, the extent of the damage won't be confirmed until Tuesday but worrying times ahead for the Light Dark Blue if the discovery of 2011 is ruled out for any substantial period of time.

Can confirm this, saw him on crutches walking into BGS this morning. Hopefully he may be back for the later half of the season.

Word is that Alexander Vile will be making an appearance at Prop this year. I heard he was imported from an Irish school don't know the details.

G

Gregan

Can confirm this, saw him on crutches walking into BGS this morning. Hopefully he may be back for the later half of the season.

Word is that Alexander Vile will be making an appearance at Prop this year. I heard he was imported from an Irish school don't know the details.

Just got the official story, he was playing touch on saturday and broke his ankle cause of the rain.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Still nearly 5 months to season start comp games.
Plenty of time to recover from most injuries.

G

Gregan

Still nearly 5 months to season start comp games.
Plenty of time to recover from most injuries.

Hes done the connecting bone to the fibia to the lateral ankle ligamment and completely detatched it. Estimated 4 - 5 months untill he can run again.

the-Greatest-Gatsby

Frank Row (1)
Thats a huge loss for BGS, Marsden's finesse proved to be an essential asset to the the 2012 Premiership side. Will this loss prove to be the difference between BGS and NC in the opening round?

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Hes done the connecting bone to the fibia to the lateral ankle ligamment and completely detatched it. Estimated 4 - 5 months untill he can run again.

Was there any serious ligament damage?

Thats a huge loss for BGS, Marsden's finesse proved to be an essential asset to the the 2012 Premiership side. Will this loss prove to be the difference between BGS and NC in the opening round?

Without somebody to match-up to Tyrone Hussey, it looks like it easily could prove the decisive factor. Maybe Forsyth could slot in, but I thought he might have been looking to move into the #9 jersey with incumbent Sam Burke having graduated last year.

the-Greatest-Gatsby

Frank Row (1)
Was there any serious ligament damage?

Without somebody to match-up to Tyrone Hussey, it looks like it easily could prove the decisive factor. Maybe Forsyth could slot in, but I thought he might have been looking to move into the #9 jersey with incumbent Sam Burke having graduated last year.

Apparently Forsyth has sustained a season ending foot injury? Can you confirm this?

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Apparently Forsyth has sustained a season ending foot injury? Can you confirm this?

I can't confirm yet, but rumours have emerged of a calamitous beginning to 2013 for BGS with a few prominent players ruled out for months already. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that Forsyth is a part of the injury toll, but it'd be a very unlucky turn of events for Grammar with two QLD U16 reps ruled out already.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Just got the official story, he was playing touch on saturday and broke his ankle cause of the rain.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Boys need to pull their heads in.

I was talking to a younger friend who was playing in the game today, and he told me Marsden hurt the ankle trying to put a shot on his younger brother Will, but got his foot stepped on as he fell. I don't know the full extent of his injury, but I know that if it needs surgery it needs to be soon if he wants to play this year.

Can't confirm Forsyth's injury yet, but I have a class with him tomorrow morning, so I'll let the forum know ASAP.

Don't mean to jinx it, but how could this possibly be worse? we're meant to have massive depth at wing, and we've already lost a star and potentially another. plus if Zac Laud's positional change rumour is true, Grammar's back 3 has been decimated before its pre-season has even started!

G

Gregan

This is absolutely ridiculous. Boys need to pull their heads in.

I was talking to a younger friend who was playing in the game today, and he told me Marsden hurt the ankle trying to put a shot on his younger brother Will, but got his foot stepped on as he fell. I don't know the full extent of his injury, but I know that if it needs surgery it needs to be soon if he wants to play this year.

Can't confirm Forsyth's injury yet, but I have a class with him tomorrow morning, so I'll let the forum know ASAP.

Don't mean to jinx it, but how could this possibly be worse? we're meant to have massive depth at wing, and we've already lost a star and potentially another. plus if Zac Laud's positional change rumour is true, Grammar's back 3 has been decimated before its pre-season has even started!

u *** wot m8

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
BGS will suffer from the loss of Marsden, but I'm certain that they have enough depth to replace him without too much drama.

interested68

Bob McCowan (2)
BSHS are training. Churchie look busy!

Who's the replacement at TGS?
Not sure if you have had a reply yet, couldn't find one. New TGS coach coming from NZ, apparently impeccable credentials. Wouldn't write TGS off just yet, a few Qld 16 reps from lat year.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Guys you have to lift your game in here. This is a place to talk about all things GPS rugby in 2013. If you're going to act immature then you will be watching from the sidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.