• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
If my source is correct then there is a trial game with St Pats and BSHS tomorrow in Sandgate ?

If so I'm guessing this meant the debut of Junior Fakaosilea for Pats? If Jeremy Skelton and Bentley Brown played alongside him in the backrow it would've been quite the spectacle. Any reports?

And I know this is a GPS QLD thread, but it still involves an ex-BBC boy playing against a GPS school.

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
If so I'm guessing this meant the debut of Junior Fakaosilea for Pats? If Jeremy Skelton and Bentley Brown played alongside him in the backrow it would've been quite the spectacle. Any reports?

And I know this is a GPS QLD thread, but it still involves an ex-BBC boy playing against a GPS school.
Unfortunately BSHS demolished St Pats. Dont know the score, something like 10 tries to 1. state High dominated in the forwards and backs. Game was a little scrappy but you would expect that as BSHS rotated all their squad players through. BSHS play St Laurence's College next Thursday.

Steve Pierce

Stan Wickham (3)
Unfortunately BSHS demolished St Pats. Dont know the score, something like 10 tries to 1. state High dominated in the forwards and backs. Game was a little scrappy but you would expect that as BSHS rotated all their squad players through. BSHS play St Laurence's College next Thursday.

BSHS did not score 10 tries to 1, i think your abit out of wack mate, im a supporter of nudgee and went to watch our nextdoor neighbours st patts play yesterday arvo. St Patts were dominnant in the first 20 minute quater with Lolo Junior Fakaosilea ( Australian Schoolboy reperesentitive) was running a muck, pilfering the ball at least 5-6 times and 2 concieving penlties in the first quarter. After the first quater it was 7 both ways with each side playing there strongest teams. When Junior and others came off thats when BSHS started making good metres in the second quater. BSHS were starting to become organised and bonded well towards the end of the 2nd quater. They scored majority of there tries on the outside because of the great forward pack st patts has. final score was 35 - 7, credit to both team and hope they enjoy their seasons.

Standout performances for St patts

8, 6, 5, 9, 13

Standout performances for BSHS

3, 6, 13, 10, 12

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
BSHS did not score 10 tries to 1, i think your abit out of wack mate, im a supporter of nudgee and went to watch our nextdoor neighbours st patts play yesterday arvo. St Patts were dominnant in the first 20 minute quater with Lolo Junior Fakaosilea ( Australian Schoolboy reperesentitive) was running a muck, pilfering the ball at least 5-6 times and 2 concieving penlties in the first quarter. After the first quater it was 7 both ways with each side playing there strongest teams. When Junior and others came off thats when BSHS started making good metres in the second quater. BSHS were starting to become organised and bonded well towards the end of the 2nd quater. They scored majority of there tries on the outside because of the great forward pack st patts has. final score was 35 - 7, credit to both team and hope they enjoy their seasons.

8, 6, 5, 9, 13

3, 6, 13, 10, 12

8, 6, 5, 9, 13

3, 6, 13, 10, 12
Ok, 7 tries to 1, Lolo Fakaosilea running amuck...seriously..you were watching the wrong game! Only time he was noticable was when he wanted to throw a few punches at one of the BSHS boys out of frustration at not being able to play his game. Yes it was close in the first quarter BUT it was mostly played in St Patts half. The BSHS forwards dominated the St Pats forwards. St Pats scrums were pushed off their own ball on several occasions.I must confess, I did not notice "The Great Forward Pack" of St Pats!

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
yea he was mate, are you familiar with his game?

yeah was @ iona can't remember seeing him play for his school ?
seen him at club land, decent attacking player, agility main strength not super fast, seem a pretty smart player.
Has spent time with East, Sunnybank, Wynnum and now back to the bank. Many boys from iona where offered "positions" from GPS schools, I think he was the only one to take the bait.

Ipswichtilldeath

Frank Row (1)
yeah was @ iona can't remember seeing him play for his school ?
seen him at club land, decent attacking player, agility main strength not super fast, seem a pretty smart player.
Has spent time with East, Sunnybank, Wynnum and now back to the bank. Many boys from iona where offered "positions" from GPS schools, I think he was the only one to take the bait.
I believe that throughout the bulk of the school season his knee was heavily strapped this may have affected his speed. Ive seen the majority of his school games and his defence is where Isaiah definantly stands out.

StateHigh2011

Frank Row (1)
Look, all this talk - clearly from a BSHS perspective, about how the BSHS firsts of 2013 will be good because they came second in under 16's means next to nothing.

The team that won the wooden spoon last year had a lot of accolades to their name:
* Top 2 every single year apart from 2009, coached by the first fifteen coach of BSHS for the last three years, Sione fukofuka.
* 8 Players in the Under-15 Met East side,
* Many players representing Queensland at a School / Club level during u16s.
etc. etc.

Anyone and everyone who's been at BSHS while the 2012 team was there knows they had a very good team, whilst not coached by Sione Fukofuka
In 2011 and 2012 about 7/8 players from that side played for Taylor Bridge Rugby Club, they won 4/4 premierships they competed in.
The way a team plays at club rugby has absoloutely zero effect on how they'll play at school.

Now, state high's first this year won't come anywhere near the top, lets alone higher then 8th.
I can safely say this, I was in Bshs firsts in 2011, playing alongside Chris Sautia, Curtis Browning, Ben Meehan, Liume Tongia, It purely was an all-star lineup. We won the premiership 3/5 years at school, we came second in under 16s (many players were playing firsts) the list goes on, but the constant factor was the year we did poorly and came 5th, was Sione fukofuka was coach. How can a team, that consists of 3 players in the Reds 30 man squad, 3 Australian u20 players, even come close to losing as many games as they did. The fact of the matter is we simply did not like the coach. The 2012 team did not like the coach, most theyre players had left the side before the season had started.

What's BSHS biggest problem?
1. They do absoloutely no rucking/forward training , instead they spend time on their passes and tackling and running laps of the oval.
2. Inexperienced coach with little to no respect, and all he focuses on is a few individuals

I can almost guarentee, the team this year would go better without a coach. They have never been a good side, and without the coach knowing how to put a team together its another recipe for disaster.

Yours Sincerly,

Sharpe.

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
Look, all this talk - clearly from a BSHS perspective, about how the BSHS firsts of 2013 will be good because they came second in under 16's means next to nothing.

The team that won the wooden spoon last year had a lot of accolades to their name:
* Top 2 every single year apart from 2009, coached by the first fifteen coach of BSHS for the last three years, Sione fukofuka.
* 8 Players in the Under-15 Met East side,
* Many players representing Queensland at a School / Club level during u16s.
etc. etc.

Anyone and everyone who's been at BSHS while the 2012 team was there knows they had a very good team, whilst not coached by Sione Fukofuka
In 2011 and 2012 about 7/8 players from that side played for Taylor Bridge Rugby Club, they won 4/4 premierships they competed in.
The way a team plays at club rugby has absoloutely zero effect on how they'll play at school.

Now, state high's first this year won't come anywhere near the top, lets alone higher then 8th.
I can safely say this, I was in Bshs firsts in 2011, playing alongside Chris Sautia, Curtis Browning, Ben Meehan, Liume Tongia, It purely was an all-star lineup. We won the premiership 3/5 years at school, we came second in under 16s (many players were playing firsts) the list goes on, but the constant factor was the year we did poorly and came 5th, was Sione fukofuka was coach. How can a team, that consists of 3 players in the Reds 30 man squad, 3 Australian u20 players, even come close to losing as many games as they did. The fact of the matter is we simply did not like the coach. The 2012 team did not like the coach, most theyre players had left the side before the season had started.

What's BSHS biggest problem?
1. They do absoloutely no rucking/forward training , instead they spend time on their passes and tackling and running laps of the oval.
2. Inexperienced coach with little to no respect, and all he focuses on is a few individuals

I can almost guarentee, the team this year would go better without a coach. They have never been a good side, and without the coach knowing how to put a team together its another recipe for disaster.

Yours Sincerly,

Sharpe.
I can understand your frustration with the coaching and can agree to a point. However, I believe that Sione has attempted to address some of his training and tactical errors from last year. He has a new forwards coach who is spending more time with the forwards. I agree, I would like to see more rucking work at training. The biggest problem I see with Sione's approach is his lack of rapport and communication with his squad. He has very little interaction with his squad members and training mirrors a teacher/classroom atmosphere. Coaching is about human interaction and trying to know your players to ensure you are implementing the right training and employing the correct tactics. He certainly needs to address this aspect of his coaching as it can and does impact badly on the team morale and performance. The two recent trial games against St Pats and St Lauries has shown that he does have the talent in his squad..and there has been cause for some hope for a better performance this year. However, these games have also highlighted some areas of concern. I guess the challenge is there now for Sione. He has the talent..can he put it together with a winning formula.

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
I can understand your frustration with the coaching and can agree to a point. However, I believe that Sione has attempted to address some of his training and tactical errors from last year. He has a new forwards coach who is spending more time with the forwards. I agree, I would like to see more rucking work at training. The biggest problem I see with Sione's approach is his lack of rapport and communication with his squad. He has very little interaction with his squad members and training mirrors a teacher/classroom atmosphere. Coaching is about human interaction and trying to know your players to ensure you are implementing the right training and employing the correct tactics. He certainly needs to address this aspect of his coaching as it can and does impact badly on the team morale and performance. The two recent trial games against St Pats and St Lauries has shown that he does have the talent in his squad..and there has been cause for some hope for a better performance this year. However, these games have also highlighted some areas of concern. I guess the challenge is there now for Sione. He has the talent..can he put it together with a winning formula.

BSHS have not been a force even with F'Sautia, Browning and Swan since Noon and Eagles left the program. BSHS need to fix their collective team discipline to be effective in this competition. Once the team is on the park, they must be responsible for what is happening.

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
BSHS have not been a force even with F'Sautia, Browning and Swan since Noon and Eagles left the program. BSHS need to fix their collective team discipline to be effective in this competition. Once the team is on the park, they must be responsible for what is happening.
Yes, once the team is on the park they are responsible for what is happening. However, it is still the responsibility of the coaching staff to ensure that the team enters "the park" with the right players, the right attitude, the right skills, the right game plan and the right motivation!

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
I think more so that we can check the validity of this claim and that it's not just another red herring like a lot of posts on here.

The Claim is correct.The reason they call him a "Greg Inglis " clone is that he is already on contract to Melbourne Storm(as is Josh Bowen BBc fullback last year) and the Junior recruitment agent of the Storm said he was the best talent he had seen since Greg Inglis. Dont forget BBC have 7 back from lasy year and 3 fom NSW country under 16 Rugby League+ Australia's most successful schoolboy coach ever-Steve Phillpotts(3 years 3 wins against Junior all Blacks) is now director of rugby.Losing "Junior(Lolo) was a blessing in disguise -because those tight arses on the board of BBC have FINALLY loosened the purse strings.Moths flying everywhere.

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Claim is correct.The reason they call him a "Greg Inglis " clone is that he is already on contract to Melbourne Storm(as is Josh Bowen BBc fullback last year) and the Junior recruitment agent of the Storm said he was the best talent he had seen since Greg Inglis. Dont forget BBC have 7 back from lasy year and 3 fom NSW country under 16 Rugby League+ Australia's most successful schoolboy coach ever-Steve Phillpotts(3 years 3 wins against Junior all Blacks) is now director of rugby.Losing "Junior(Lolo) was a blessing in disguise -because those tight arses on the board of BBC have FINALLY loosened the purse strings.Moths flying everywhere.
Yeah they have 10 first standard players but what about the other 5 cause their 16A's were woeful on a good day last year (I don't know what there 15 A's were like) and of course they will be lacking depth so injuries to any of their 10 players will hurt them just like we saw last year. To be honest I don't think BBC will be any better than last year. I don't think the boys from Toowong are in the premiership race.

kickingtee

Allen Oxlade (6)
I can confirm this new player to BBC, he is from NZ and is signed to the Storm. He is one of 3+ Year 10 boys that have been brought along to play rugby this year. These 3 are all 16 and if they do not make First XV they will play 16's. On top of this there is a very large amount of new Year 11 students from North Queensland that have come to play as well as many NSW players. Lets just say that this year BBC rugby will be very different to previous years. The rugby administration has changed very much under the new leadership plan. Do not rule them out as of yet.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
I can confirm this new player to BBC, he is from NZ and is signed to the Storm. He is one of 3+ Year 10 boys that have been brought along to play rugby this year. These 3 are all 16 and if they do not make First XV they will play 16's. On top of this there is a very large amount of new Year 11 students from North Queensland that have come to play as well as many NSW players. Lets just say that this year BBC rugby will be very different to previous years. The rugby administration has changed very much under the new leadership plan. Do not rule them out as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.