• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
P5250019 (Large).JPG
P5250043 (Large).JPG
P5250053 (Large).JPG

P5250061 (Large).JPG

P5250069 (Large).JPG

P5250091 (Large).JPG

P5250095 (Large).JPG

TSS are the red hot favourites this year.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Sea Eagles and Willreason - Happy to keep it to rugby, you might see that was my contention for picking up GSP in the first place. Interesting that he had to go away for a week and swallow a dictionary in attempt to add some pseudo intellectual clout to his post. I actually wonder whether he is a fan of Georges St Pierre the UFC fighter or whether he tried to write "GPS" and had a dyslexic episode. That would certainly fit convenstep he made on the BGS belittle my experience as if my first post was a few minutes after Webb Ellis picked up a soccer ball. I enjoyed this idea that I need to report a Headmaster, forgetting that a brothers , my experience encompasses recent rugby history across a numbeGPS rugby. I'd rather read some sort of jousting in preference to the trollsup from time to time. That's it from me. I don't give a rat's arse eitheget back to the Fishing mags.

Dear Mr Expert. For once I find myself agreeing with you. I also agree with you that TSS should be favorites to win the comp.

I must say that for an over 50 yr old ex BGS scholar you are an
eclectic character. Obviously because of your age you knowledge of schoolboy rugby from days long past is impressive - but then you make a statement such as " he got owned" which is what my 10 year old sister
says when she watches Xbox- which then reminds us all that we are still waiting for you to apologize for overstepping the mark with your character assassination of Junior(Lolo): who better judges than you say will be the most capped rugby schoolboy ever after the British Isles tour. Go on Mr Expert - do the right thing.

To get back to rugby, much better decision by the Rugby masters to have whole team trials for GPS teams this year. 2012 was a dog's breakfast because there had been no proper team trials ( or competition games) and there was too much reputation and not enough performance. As an example, Eason from Churchie (Q2 in 2011 as a reserve) had a terrible set of GPS trials and still got in. At least if a whole team plays, the coaches get a chance to have a ful squad hit out against decent opposition and players get a chance to at least demonstrate what they can do within their team structures. When Q teams assemble, the standard is good enough to have boys fit together and build combinations reasonably quickly. I am still at a loss to understand why rugby is in term 3 and soccer in term 2 given the number of boys who play rugby across the schools and the fact it has such impact on Term 3 exams and the QCS. Here's hoping selectors have some headaches because all play well and there are no injuries.
Sea Eagles and Willreason - Happy to keep it to rugby, you might see that was my contention for picking up GSP in the first place. Interesting that he had to go away for a week and swallow a dictionary in attempt to add some pseudo intellectual clout to his post. I actually wonder whether he is a fan of Georges St Pierre the UFC fighter or whether he tried to write "GPS" and had a dyslexic episode. That would certainly fit the convenient side step he made on the BGS OP stats which were on the public record and he doesn't defend his attempt to talk up the BBC OPs because he got owned. GSP tries to belittle my experience as if my first post was a few minutes after Webb Ellis picked up a soccer ball. I enjoyed this idea that I need to report a Headmaster, forgetting that as the fifth of 5 brothers , my experience encompasses recent rugby history across a number of years of GPS 1st XV rugby. I'd rather read some sort of jousting in preference to the drivel from trolls that pops up from time to time. That's it from me. I don't give a rat's arse either, better get back to the Fishing mags.

To get back to rugby, much better decision by the Rugby masters to have whole team trials for GPS teams this year. 2012 was a dog's breakfast because there had been no proper team trials ( or competition games) and there was too much reputation and not enough performance. As an example, Eason from Churchie (Q2 in 2011 as a reserve) had a terrible set of GPS trials and still got in. At least if a whole team plays, the coaches get a chance to have a ful squad hit out against decent opposition and players get a chance to at least demonstrate what they can do within their team structures. When Q teams assemble, the standard is good enough to have boys fit together and build combinations reasonably quickly. I am still at a loss to understand why rugby is in term 3 and soccer in term 2 given the number of boys who play rugby across the schools and the fact it has such impact on Term 3 exams and the QCS. Here's hoping selectors have some headaches because all play well and there are no injuries.

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
My mail is that a lot of people left the trials saying" who the hell is the TSS number 8!"
Joel Brown played 8 for TSS- had a very good game, so did PJ at six- neither of them particularly big or strong but agile and able to take good advantage at the back of a rampaging TSS pack that were fresh against an exhausted pre-season BBC, already run off their feet.
Bronson, who played 8 for BBC against BGS was very damaging for the first 40 minutes but, obviously exhausted when he had to front up straight away against TSS, was outplayed by Joel Brown- but that is no indication of a Joel v Bronson face of on equal terms.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
i am aware there was a lot of boys who wern't playing at the trials because they were injured but from what i saw at tennyson today the team would be as follows, i dont know a lot of names so i am just going to give you the number that they were for there school and others can put names to numbers:

1. BGS 1
2. TSS 2
3. BSHS 3
4. IGS 4
5. BGS 5
6. IGS 20
7. BSHS 7
8. NC 8
9. BSHS 10
10. BBC 10
11. GT 11
12. TSS 12
13. NC 12
14. NC 14
15. BBC 15

BGS 5 Dalton Cox
BBC 10 Josh Bowen
TSS 12 Nili Fielea
NC 14 Tyrone Hussey?

Those are the only numbers I'm sure of. All are returning 1st XV players of exceptional talent and all have achieved representative honours in the past. I'm certain all four are headed for monumental 2013's (barring injury).

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
[ Dear Mr Expert. For once I find myself agreeing with you. I also agree with you that TSS should be favorites to win the comp.

I must say that for an over 50 yr old ex BGS scholar you are an eclectic character. Obviously because of your age ,you knowledge of schoolboy rugby from days long past is impressive - but then you make a statement such as " he got owned" which is what my 10 year old sister says when she watches Xbox- which then reminds us all that we are all still waiting for you to apologize(or remove your post) for overstepping the mark with your character assassination of Junior(Lolo): who better judges than you(or me) say will be the most capped rugby schoolboy ever after the British Isles tour.
Go on Mr Expert - do the right thing.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
[ Dear Mr Expert. For once I find myself agreeing with you. I also agree with you that TSS should be favorites to win the comp.

I must say that for an over 50 yr old ex BGS scholar you are an eclectic character. Obviously because of your age ,you knowledge of schoolboy rugby from days long past is impressive - but then you make a statement such as " he got owned" which is what my 10 year old sister says when she watches Xbox- which then reminds us all that we are all still waiting for you to apologize(or remove your post) for overstepping the mark with your character assassination of Junior(Lolo): who better judges than you(or me) say will be the most capped rugby schoolboy ever after the British Isles tour.
Go on Mr Expert - do the right thing.

I have to agree with GSP. In one ill-conceived post Monday Expert alienated BBC/Nudgee & TSS supporters and friends and supporters of Junior Fak. Can you stick to rugby from now on and keep the personal/school attacks out.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
BGS 5 Dalton Cox
BBC 10 Josh Bowen
TSS 12 Nili Fielea
NC 14 Tyrone Hussey?

Those are the only numbers I'm sure of. All are returning 1st XV players of exceptional talent and all have achieved representative honours in the past. I'm certain all four are headed for monumental 2013's (barring injury).

Is 15 the new BBC fullback from NZ-that other posts have been talking about?If so -what was good about his game? Also did the TSS number 8 from last year play?

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
I have to agree with GSP. In one ill-conceived post Monday Expert alienated BBC/Nudgee & TSS supporters and friends and supporters of Junior Fak. Can you stick to rugby from now on and keep the personal/school attacks out.

Agree with Digby. No personal or school attacks welcome from Monday Expert or anyone. Keep it to rugby . Have to agree with GSP that Monday Expert knows his stuff.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
i am aware there was a lot of boys who wern't playing at the trials because they were injured but from what i saw at tennyson today the team would be as follows, i dont know a lot of names so i am just going to give you the number that they were for there school and others can put names to numbers:

1. BGS 1
2. TSS 2
3. BSHS 3
4. IGS 4
5. BGS 5
6. IGS 20
7. BSHS 7
8. NC 8
9. BSHS 10
10. BBC 10
11. GT 11
12. TSS 12
13. NC 12
14. NC 14
15. BBC 15

BGS1 Lakelm Aiono

NC 8 Maclean Jones

Black234

Stan Wickham (3)

1. BGS 1
2. TSS 2
3. BSHS 3
4. IGS 4
5. BGS 5
6. IGS 20
7. BSHS 7
8. NC 8
9. BSHS 10
10. BBC 10
11. GT 11
12. TSS 12
13. NC 12
14. NC 14
15. BBC 15

BSHS 3 Enoka Kalapu
BSHS 7 Josh Wood
BSHS 10 Jake Strachan

SeaEagles

Allen Oxlade (6)
BGS 5 Dalton Cox
BBC 10 Josh Bowen
TSS 12 Nili Fielea
NC 14 Tyrone Hussey?

I didn't think Josh Bowyer played for BBC on Saturday?? Previous posters say he was unavailable for the trial...so who was at 10? anyone?

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
I didn't think Josh Bowyer played for BBC on Saturday?? Previous posters say he was unavailable for the trial.so who was at 10? anyone?

Bowen did not play.He, like Uncle Matt, was on League duty. Flyhalf on Saturday was the boy who played flyhalf last year.-who will move to I/centre when Bowen is back.Quick (injured again!!) and Pearson(GPS 100 champ) (league) also did not play.Add in Wilkins at 15 and new half -back from Gold coast plus Sam Edwards (Met West under 16 captain) and you have an electric back-line. But any injuries (like last year) and you will get the same result-competitive but run out of bodies. .

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Bowen did not play.He, like Uncle Matt, was on League duty. Flyhalf on Saturday was the boy who played flyhalf last year.-who will move to I/centre when Bowen is back.Quick (injured again!!) and Pearson(GPS 100 champ) (league) also did not play.Add in Wilkins at 15 and new half -back from Gold coast plus Sam Edwards (Met West under 16 captain) and you have an electric back-line. But any injuries (like last year) and you will get the same result-competitive but run out of bodies. .

Last year's BBC flyhalf was Nathan Russell

SeaEagles

Allen Oxlade (6)
So at this stage of the pre-season, from our "expert" posters it seems there are 3 tiers of premiership hopefuls:
Tier 1:
TSS
NC
BSHS

Tier 2:
ACGS
BBC
IGS

Tier 3:
BGS
GT
TGS

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
So at this stage of the pre-season, from our "expert" posters it seems there are 3 tiers of premiership hopefuls:
Tier 1:
TSS
NC
BSHS

Tier 2:
ACGS
BBC
IGS

Tier 3:
BGS
GT
TGS

Agree-except BSHS to be in tier 2-- and tier 1 is that far above the rest it may be a 2 horse race. TSS play NC in round 4 at TSS.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
Joel Brown played 8 for TSS- had a very good game, so did PJ at six- neither of them particularly big or strong but agile and able to take good advantage at the back of a rampaging TSS pack that were fresh against an exhausted pre-season BBC, already run off their feet.
Bronson, who played 8 for BBC against BGS was very damaging for the first 40 minutes but, obviously exhausted when he had to front up straight away against TSS, was outplayed by Joel Brown- but that is no indication of a Joel v Bronson face of on equal terms.

Some good points here.Fair summary.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Tier 1:
TSS
NC
BSHS

Tier 2:
ACGS
BBC
IGS

Tier 3:
BGS
GT
TGS

Interesting and thought provoking summary.One thing is clear (as it has been for at leat 10 years)-if BSHS, IGS or BBC get a few injuries they will probably not have sufficient depth and will slip to tier 3.But if they keep their number 1 teams on the field(and other schools get injuries)-then who knows.

Reactions: GSP
Status
Not open for further replies.