• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
I think its more the schools 1st XV teams dont want to risk injury on a game that doesnt count for points. I feel bad for downlands having to deal with that but thats the way it is.
Does anyone know why Downlands have never been included in the GPS comp ??

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
NC V ACGS - NC by 7.
By all reports they only just beat BBC and are down their best outside back. It will be close - the old timber grandstand and it's excitable inhabitants will be the difference.
BBC V BSHS - BBC by 8.
The Toowong-ites will be pumped for their first home game. Should be enough to give them an extra penalty and a try than the High lads, who haven't yet decided if they are any good or not.
GT V IGS - IGS by 2.
IGS have had a serious wake up call last week, whilst GT are talking up a Downlands win. IGS to win at The Switch by a supporters group hamburger bun.
TGS v BGS - BGS by 10.
Light Dark have a couple of injuries and the range boys will not be happy and should be chock-a-block full of angries up on the red dirt, but it won't be enough.
On the money I think.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Ok, I'll have a go
NC vs ACGS..... Churchie by 1 in a brawl of a game...bad blood here
BBC vs BSHS.... State high on the improve but BBC to big in the forwards and backs and first game at home = win by 3 though I'm sure they will leak some easy tries.
IGS vs GT... Ipswich are a proud school and were hammered last week. Terrace are too far from home. Ipswich by 12
BGS vs TGS....BGS possibly the better team but TGS at home and like Ipswich proud, angry , and looking for their first scalp. TGS by 4

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ok, I'll have a go
NC vs ACGS... Churchie by 1 in a brawl of a game.bad blood here
BBC vs BSHS.. State high on the improve but BBC to big in the forwards and backs and first game at home = win by 3 though I'm sure they will leak some easy tries.
IGS vs GT. Ipswich are a proud school and were hammered last week. Terrace are too far from home. Ipswich by 12
BGS vs TGS..BGS possibly the better team but TGS at home and like Ipswich proud, angry , and looking for their first scalp. TGS by 4
Nudgee too strong for Churchies, close first half but NC will come home much to strong 2nd half, BBC to strong in the forwards for BSHS, home by 2 tries, agree with Ipswich, BGS smarting over their close encounter with BSH will come out harder and stronger..should win by 3 tries.

Hairy Test Eagle

Ward Prentice (10)
Is there any word regarding MacMillan's fitness for this weekend? Nudgee's forwards should get up over Churchies either way but he'd make a massive difference.

Johnny13

Peter Burge (5)
Is there any word regarding MacMillan's fitness for this weekend? Nudgee's forwards should get up over Churchies either way but he'd make a massive difference.

Churchie also have some quality forwards. Notable Harley Fox and Will Bailey. They got a lot of forwards who do a lot of great work. Still will be a tough game.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
NC d ACGS by 18
IGS d GT by >10
BBC d BSHS by 7 or less
BGS d TGS by 12

I think Ippy is a better team than last week's result showed. This should be an interesting game, simply because it's the best measure of Southport so far. Each team has played 1 game against Southport this season, giving up 51 (IGS) and 33 (GT). While that stat seems to go against my prediction, I think IGS will come with a better performance, and just get on top of GT in the last quarter of the game.

Nudgee should start to really lift after the early season scares from Grammar and BBC, so they'll be looking to really blow Churchie off the park. That being said, Churchie's inside backs should trouble Nudgee just like BBC's did. Quick-Wilkins and Perese-Tanuvasa I suspect are pretty evenly matched up (another great round 4 matchup!!), so if the game gets any closer I'd pin it on the Churchie centres. No-one yet has made anything of it yet, but both of Nudgee's wins involve an intercept try, last week to kill BBC's chances of coming back, and in week 1 against Grammar to spark the fightback. If any Churchie players are reading this, watch out for intercepts

Speaking of starting to lift, State High will be seeing BBC as a big name target for their season. State High plays aggressive running rugby when all their names are on the park. I assume Jake Strachan isn't hurt badly after going down late in the game against BGS, and if he can get the ball wide State High look really dangerous. As far as I'm aware there are no injuries to BBC.

BGS should get over the wooden spoon favourite pretty easily, even up the range.

Status
Not open for further replies.