• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
I have deleted quite a few threads that mention scholarships, imports or the like - or quoted such. I started editing them but it took up too much time.

The reasons for it are in post #8 in the Rules of the Schoolboy forum, here:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/rules-of-the-schoolboy-forum.5407/

Apologies for not intervening earlier.

Cheers
LG

PS - Posters should feel free to discuss scholarships, imports, exports, transfers and the like in the School sporting scholarships thread here:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/school-sporting-scholarships.5780/page-99

PPS - a special apology is due to Vegas, whose level of reasoning and ability to write clearly is uncommon. I regretted having to delete some of his posts.

Bugger !! I did find the Scholarship thread a little Sydney-centric and not as relevant to the discussions that were afoot.
Do you still have the posts - perhaps you could copy them and start a new " Qld GPS scholarship " thread that we could use - there is obviously a lot of thought and commentary being generated by the issue.
Thanks for the forum

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Vegas

Unfortunately I didn't copy and paste your posts somewhere - perhaps one of the G & G computer gurus who read this can retrieve an archived earlier version of the thread.

If commentary has the potential to be generated in more volume Queenslanders will use the scholarship thread more often and it should become less Sydney-centric.

It is a pinned thread right at the top of the list of threads in the Schoolboy forum and we don't want to have another such pinned list, as over-pinning is frowned upon..

Let's see how it goes.

If you have a post in the the scholarships thread you can say in the GPS thread that you have discussed a matter in it and provide the link.

Sorry to be so pernickety but this procedure has worked for NSW GPS which used to be toxic a couple of years ago and we came close to closing down the schoolboy forum.

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
How old is the new halfback from BBC, and where's he from?

Would like to know as well RL - he looked as though he had just ducked up from Eagle Farm after having ridden in one of the races !
Pound for pound, if he wasn't the best player on the paddock on Saturday, he wasn't far off it. Fearless in defence against men who looked to have 40kg to 50kg on him.

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Would like to know as well RL - he looked as though he had just ducked up from Eagle Farm after having ridden in one of the races !
Pound for pound, if he wasn't the best player on the paddock on Saturday, he wasn't far off it. Fearless in defence against men who looked to have 40kg to 50kg on him.
Max Dempsey, father a BBC old boy.
Yr 11, 17 yrs Gold Coast, Club- Surfers, rep honours: Captain Gold Coast Breakers 2012/11/10: Qld u15's 2011.
Hates to loose.
Will take on anyone or anything, man or beast without fear and if opposition forwards even think of getting tired - will cut them up.

One goal in life to defeat TSS for GPS premiership in 2014.

jmc07

Frank Row (1)
NC to beat Churchie by 20 - as Churchie are on the improve.
State High to reverse trial 8 try belting from BBC and sneak home by 10.
IGS to bounce back from 50 point Coast pounding and be too powerful for GT (by 15).
BGS despite injuries too classy for poor old TGS still recovering from being run over by bus last weekend (BGS by 15)
TSS 2nds to be a little too slick for Downlands 1sts (TSS by 10).

Just found out that TSS Second XV will play Downlands Second XV in the main game at Southport. Neither First XV are playing.

My predictions:

BBC def BSHS by less than 7
IGS def GT by 10
BGS def TGS by 20
NC def ACGS by 15

mbw

Allen Oxlade (6)
Max Dempsey, father a BBC old boy.
Yr 11, 17 yrs Gold Coast, Club- Surfers, rep honours: Captain Gold Coast Breakers 2012/11/10: Qld u15's 2011.
Hates to loose.
Will take on anyone or anything, man or beast without fear and if opposition forwards even think of getting tired - will cut them up.

One goal in life to defeat TSS for GPS premiership in 2014.

He and his father have had a problem with TSS since not getting in A teams at TSS in junior school when they thought he should be. Dont think BBC will be winning GPS over TSS.

SeaEagles

Allen Oxlade (6)
NC V ACGS - NC by 7.
By all reports they only just beat BBC and are down their best outside back. It will be close - the old timber grandstand and it's excitable inhabitants will be the difference.
BBC V BSHS - BBC by 8.
The Toowong-ites will be pumped for their first home game. Should be enough to give them an extra penalty and a try than the High lads, who haven't yet decided if they are any good or not.
GT V IGS - IGS by 2.
IGS have had a serious wake up call last week, whilst GT are talking up a Downlands win. IGS to win at The Switch by a supporters group hamburger bun.
TGS v BGS - BGS by 10.
Light Dark have a couple of injuries and the range boys will not be happy and should be chock-a-block full of angries up on the red dirt, but it won't be enough.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Just found out that TSS Second XV will play Downlands Second XV in the main game at Southport. Neither First XV are playing.
What would be the point of that? When the stronger schoools send their 2nd XV to play Downlands, its done largely to create an even contest. Obviously their own 1sts get a rest too.

jmc07

Frank Row (1)
What would be the point of that? When the stronger schoools send their 2nd XV to play Downlands, its done largely to create an even contest. Obviously their own 1sts get a rest too.

From what I saw last week and based on what I heard about the match in Round 1, Downlands are more than capable of playing school's 1st XV teams and don't need to play 2nd XV teams to be competitive.

Yoloruggers

Stan Wickham (3)
From what I saw last week and based on what I heard about the match in Round 1, Downlands are more than capable of playing school's 1st XV teams and don't need to play 2nd XV teams to be competitive.

I think its more the schools 1st XV teams dont want to risk injury on a game that doesnt count for points. I feel bad for downlands having to deal with that but thats the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.