• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hairy Test Eagle

Ward Prentice (10)
Just an idea,
What is everyones opinion on the premiers from both NSW GPS and QLD GPS having a game at the end of each season (like the NRL VS The Super league).
I know there is a difference in the ages.

That would be awesome, but I doubt the age issue would be the real problem. By the end of the season player fatigue is through the roof, and some blokes even have to back up for representative gigs. One guy I know of played the full season of GPS, had a rugby tour, made the Australian Schoolboys, and was a very devoted student. By the end of the year he'd barely had a week of holidays throughout the year. It's a bit too much.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Got nothing on terrace nudgee, up the Christian brothers and erea

So sorry-you tool-I didnt know Old Boys Day was a contest.
In so far as Terrace are concerned :can they water that eye sore of an oval,get the spectators closer and provide some seats for the opposition.
Ross oval looks like something out of a catalogue while Tennyson looks like the back streets of Logan.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
anyone got a team list for the BBC opens this week?

Wilkins out (again -poor kid) Bronson listed but very dubious and Russell ok.Yes!Mclean and Barker have kissed & made up: and fresh from equalling the BBC 100mtr recored he will play his first game in firsts this week.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Just an idea,
What is everyones opinion on the premiers from both NSW GPS and QLD GPS having a game at the end of each season (like the NRL VS The Super league).
I know there is a difference in the ages.

Another option would even be to hold three exhibition matches between the three associations of each state: GPS v GPS, AIC v CAS, TAS v ISA. These could be between the premiers of each association or a representative side from all the schools, similar to the ones picked for the schoolboy trials.
I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
Hey boys its your favourite tipster here for this weekends tips on a round that looks to be one of the biggest in the comp.

Again playing the man TSS Mum !!! Not on.
Please, anyone who has nothing better than personal jibes, and any other tools, trolls, gym trash, former debaters , anyone teeing up a beer on Saturday night ....... and you TSSMUM - please take it elsewhere to a more appropriate forum - i am sure Dolly or Girlfriend Magazine await you with open arms !

TSS, NC, BGS and IGS this weekend !

gngfiend

Allen Oxlade (6)
In so far as Terrace are concerned :can they water that eye sore of an oval,get the spectators closer and provide some seats for the opposition.
Ross oval looks like something out of a catalogue while Tennyson looks like the back streets of Logan.
How good was the game last weekend at Tennyson bro. Did you sit on the grass and get bitten by bull ants? I don't care. It mustve been unpleasant for you. Go college, wave your hat like you don't care

gngfiend

Allen Oxlade (6)
And even though I'm a gt lad, Ross oval shits on BBC any day of the week.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Massive old boys day at BBC tomorrow. With 7 different year reunions . Do not go there unless you want to hear about. Gould, Horwill , Genia and how BBC were once the top rowing school in the world having won the Henley Regatta against all comers .

I think some obvious sarcasm was missed here by a few..... However I find it impressive that it has literally started in a turf war. I have head of school pride but who has the best oval - soon there will be a debate over the best acoustic's or wind shields.

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
He was bagging Tennyson and ross oval spikhaza..yet another flaw in your debating method. Muslim oval is alright.

Again playing the man TSS Mum !!! Not on.
Please, anyone who has nothing better than personal jibes, and any other tools, trolls, gym trash, former debaters , anyone teeing up a beer on Saturday night ... and you TSSMUM - please take it elsewhere to a more appropriate forum - i am sure Dolly or Girlfriend Magazine await you with open arms !

TSS, NC, BGS and IGS this weekend !

GNGfiend - the above obviously includes you.
Given your post above, i now wonder whether the racial issues which raised their ugly head at Tennyson last weekend are a cultural issue with the school, rather than what i thought was a one-off idiot in the crowd ? Hopefully there are only now 2 idiots.
This forum, nor anywhere else for that matter, is the place for racial or prejudicial nonsense like yours.

gngfiend

Allen Oxlade (6)
GNGfiend - the above obviously includes you.
Given your post above, i now wonder whether the racial issues which raised their ugly head at Tennyson last weekend are a cultural issue with the school, rather than what i thought was a one-off idiot in the crowd ? Hopefully there are only now 2 idiots.
This forum, nor anywhere else for that matter, is the place for racial or prejudicial nonsense like yours.
That was a typo sorry I completely missed it bloody hell

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
ScreenHunter_002.jpg

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
ROUND 6 (24 / 08 / 13)

TSS v BSHS
TSS will win quite convincingly. I can't see State High turning around after a flogging and upset a side like the Southport boys, especially when they're playing away. TSS aren't looking like they're going to rest many players either, which means they're looking to post some points on this poor BSHS team before heading off for a feed at the SLSC.
TSS by 29.

NC v GT
DEFINATELY the game to be at this round. Both Catholic schools, both on one loss a piece, both with an enormous crowd behind them. Terrace will be hyped that they've got this close to a premiership and with the crowd of that size surrounding them, the atmosphere will be enough to make them dig deep and push home. Churchie have quelled all doubts about playing the Blue and White at home. I believe GT will have what it takes to do what BGS did last year and completely screw with the pre-season predictions and come out on top.
GT by 3.

BBC v BGS
If Noel McLean is playing then BBC will just be too quick for the Dark Light Blue to handle. However, with the number of injuries that BBC has, the scoreline may be closer than some have anticipated.
BBC by 10.

IGS v TGS
With GT v NC on this round, I don't think anyone really cares who wins this match. Credit to both schools for managing to win at least one match in what has been a poor season for both teams. I predict IGS will win this one with the home ground advantage.
IGS by 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.