• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
I think that your prediction about the BBC v BGS game may be bias
The scores on the weekend I think will be more like this:
TSS by 25
GT by 10
BBC by 16
IGS by 3

Not bias...just simply expecting a fair dinkum upset from the LDB.

Their potential needs to be unleashed soon, this may be the round.

Another point, I truly believe that there is no 'weak walkover' team in the GPS this year. Every team this year has amazing potential and I think this is great for GPS rugby.

Question: Why did Lolo move from BBC to SPC?!

gngfiend

Allen Oxlade (6)
My tip for GT vs NC. I think terrace will take it out 76-3 . Terrace always perform well on Ross oval and should be considered favourites. Nudgee have a weak rugby program and their first xv lacks talent and class. I'm not a terrace student. It's not Opposite Day

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
GT vs NC
The red and black take it by a try. An inspirational performance comes in from Sam Wilson, Ben Laxon uses his size to his advantage, Nikau Te-Rupe ignites the backline and George Partridge scores a hatrick. All in an ideal world.
NC by less than usual.

BGS vs BBC
The luck BGS got last year is all gone. BBC look to rebound after being properly dismantled by Gregory Terrace.
BBC by two microwaved pies from the canteen and a drunken old boy from the RE.

TSS vs State High
The grounds at Carina are looking greener than usual this year.
TSS by 50.

IGS vs TGS
Probably the competitions two worst teams, TGS should be frothing at the mouth to go after two big losses (one a big margin, one big in importance).
TGS by a try.

gngfiend

Allen Oxlade (6)
GT vs NC
The red and black take it by a try. An inspirational performance comes in from Sam Wilson, Ben Laxon uses his size to his advantage, Nikau Te-Rupe ignites the backline and George Partridge scores a hatrick. All in an ideal world.
NC by less than usual.

BGS vs BBC
The luck BGS got last year is all gone. BBC look to rebound after being properly dismantled by Gregory Terrace.

TSS vs State High
TSS by 50.

IGS vs TGS
Probably the competitions two worst teams, TGS should be frothing at the mouth to go after two big losses (one a big margin, one big in importance).
TGS by a try.
A great analysis, quite gainful really

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Yeah mate, Junior got expelled from BBC for continuously getting in trouble in the boarding house, such a shame for the team this year

Yes a massive loss. The already solid BBC forward pack could have been an absolute nightmare for other teams if he was playing. Shame for Junior as well, though everybody can make mistakes especially when young. I hope he has a great future and we see plenty of him playing representative footy in the years to come.

My tips:
TSS by 16
BGS by 5
IGS by 12
NC by 14

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
GT vs NC
NC by less than usual.

BGS vs BBC

TSS vs State High
TSS by 50.

IGS vs TGS
TGS by a try.
What was lucky about Grammar's premiership last year? I thought they were by far the most skilful and best drilled side.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
What was lucky about Grammar's premiership last year? I thought they were by far the most skilful and best drilled side.

From memory, both BBC and NC could have really closed the book on them after jumping out to early leads. All due credit to Grammar for fighting back, but take away those two games and they're finishing way back in the middle of the pack.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Tips.
TSS by the skin of their teeth.
Everyone here seems to be dismissing BSHS as a strong team, but from what I have seen of them they have the ability to smash in the attack. TSS will just come back for a close win.

BBC in a close game.
As much as I want to support the Light Dark Blue on this one, I recon that BBC will just come up the the best after a close game changing leaders.

IGS by 20.
Ippy have seemed to be quite strong and I don't think that TGS will be expecting to come off 2nd best.

Leaning Nudgee.
While I'm not willing to commit completely on this one, with a GT upset on the table, the team most disciplined will come up on top. Not the year yet for GT.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
BBC lineup for tommorow:
1. Benroy Sala
2. Bronson Takipula
3. Luke Peterson
4. Dylan Leyland
5. Darcy Swain
6. Kareem Tuuga
7. Christian Malaulau
8. Benny Gunter
9. Max Dempsey
10. Nathan Russel
11. Noel McClean
12. Conrad Quick
13. Jerumi Nanai
14. Sam Edwards
15. Josh Boywer

Looks like the boys in blue will have to pull out a big one if they want to upset BBC infront of their old boys tomorrow

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Thought I'd get a bit fancy with my tips this week, and lean on the back of the Power Rankings to see if they hold up.

Nudgee vs GT

Nudgee and Terrace have played roughly the same strength teams (0.470 and 0.419 respectively). Their Power Ranking only has a 1.2 point difference. Nudgee, on average, win their games 31-21 every time they play. Defensively, Terrace is on par with Nudgee, giving up 21 points on average each game. Terrace's attack has only provided them with 27 points a game though.

So if you look at the stats - It appears Nudgee will win by 4.

This doesn't seem unrealistic to me, as Terrace are undoubtedly a very good side. If Nudgee gives away a yellow card in the backs late as they did against Southport, their defence is shot. Nudgee will need to stay disciplined if they are to win this game, and then the comp.

Final Score: 28-24 to Nudgee. 3 tries, 2 conversion, 3 penalties vs 3 tries, 3 conversions, 1 penalty. Terrace will start strong, but Nudgee will take over the end of first half and start of second, and will struggle to defend the final 15 minutes. I'm calling an absolute thriller of a game.

BGS v BBC

The most interesting stat in this match up is BBC's average win margin - only 3.8 points!

BBC's SOS is considerably harder than Grammar's (0.525 vs 0.375) and I believe this will make up the difference, as BBC's experience against tough opposition will help them through a much closer game than people will be expecting.

Final Score: 32-25 to BBC. 4 tries, 3 conversions, 2 penalties vs 3 tries, 2 conversions, 3 penalties.

TSS v BSHS

too tired to justify the next 2.

Final Score: TSS 43 - 15

TGS v IGS
IGS will romp home at Toowoomba on Saturday, continuing their great form against the mountain men.

Final Score: IGS 23- TGS 10

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Just an idea,
What is everyones opinion on the premiers from both NSW GPS and QLD GPS having a game at the end of each season (like the NRL VS The Super league).
I know there is a difference in the ages.

I've been approached to do a similar Power Rankings page for NSW.

Once they've got their final end of season numbers we can accurately compare how good the teams are, and even give each school their interstate equivalent. Should be an interesting read.

I believe there would be plenty of interest in such a game anyhow

Status
Not open for further replies.