• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
I have a mate who played in his club team and is on good terms with him. And I was at the State Champs. I can confirm it this week from the man himself if you'd like.

That'd be great thanks mate, someone also tells me that curtis f. is also attending BBC next year, a great player that played in lachlan's team at the state champs, brisbane green, also made city, plays 6, 7, 8. From the Gold Coast, heard anything?

Terrace lad

Frank Row (1)
Alright I'll have a crack at the GT firsts:

1. Nic (definition) Patchett (16A's - always battles injury, but a star when he can play)
2. Dom (earlobes) Fraser (16A's - consistent player, always good for some chat, but soft with everything related to rugby)
3. William (Keith, sausage roll) Wilson (16A's - loves getting over for some good meat pies)
4. Henry (steak) Tancred (16A's - 16A's player of the season, if you didn't already know. Moved from the front row due to rowing diet leaning him out)
5. Fergus (swole) O'Donnell (2nds/3rds - has been talking up playing terrace firsts since grade 8)
6. Andrew (firsts) McWhinney (First XV - battled injury all last season and will come back better than ever. Has played firsts for almost every sport he's tried)
7. Lewis (nugget) Healy (16B's - battled injury, but has legs to get around the paddock well)
8. Jacob (chicks) Watt (16E's - played a low level on purpose due to injury, put on 15 kilos already for pre season, ready to take rugby seriously)
9. Connor (heavyweight) Varnham (16D's - under the guidance of rockin Rodney has improved his game tremendously, also hit the gym with Jacob Watt in pre season and put on 10kg)
10. Sam (talkative) Harrison (16A's - had a ripper season and is the underdog that will surprise Horan. Spoken by the man himself)
11. Pearse (magnet) Whittaker (16A/B's - had an outstanding season, been battling for a position against players like Jack Lodder but has finally pipped him and knows he's the best player there is)
12. Andrew (boppa) Browne (16A's - it's been 2 years since Andrew has used his wheels and unbelievable goose step, ready to step up as the next 'big dog')
13. Kamilo (black
Mumba) Guido (16A/B's - has been hitting the gym harder than a rock, also has endurance to run around and over the opposition)
14. Holden (leg day) Okane (16A's - probably the most under rated player at terrace, has a big year in him. He knows it and tells everyone)
15. Ted (Vice Captain) Porter (16A's - had a few moments in the firsts (2013) and has been calling himself a firsts played ever since. Has been doing a lot of cutting and leaning out to come back as the best fullback with the best hands terrace has ever seen - has never dropped a ball in a game)

Uncertain:
Steve (Good bloke Steve) Hamilton (N/A - hasn't played since grade 10 due to first basketball and volleyball. Could easily slot into any position on the field)

James (poon) Witherspoon (N/A - hasn't played much due to his legs being too big for terrace rugby shorts. Not certain on a comeback next year due to his new girlfriend and her whip.

Heavens game

Allen Oxlade (6)
That'd be great thanks mate, someone also tells me that curtis f. is also attending BBC next year, a great player that played in lachlan's team at the state champs, brisbane green, also made city, plays 6, 7, 8. From the Gold Coast, heard anything?
Yes def on Lachlan had interview on Friday gone. Kirdes not sure if he followed through I was told he was waiting to here from BBC. I only know as I coached them for the 16 Green team and keep good contact with those players. Excellent acquisition s for BBC if it all comes to fruition

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
The light dark blue line-up next year is looking far more dependable than this year's. Although there were some strong spots in the 2013 team they were let down by an inconsistent halves partnership that lacked chemistry, unstable leadership and the season-ending injury to Patrick Morrey, openside flanker and captain. With a few rumours regarding importing already circulating the squad is looking good to improve upon its wooden spoon season this year.

1. Tom Rutherford-Taurua 16As 2013- Captain of the 16A's at No. 8, Rutherford should be looking to make the move to the front row. A serious lack of propping depth at Grammar leaves the opportunity for almost anyone to make their mark on the position and Tom has the strength, the growth potential and the skills to do it. Incredible game awareness should only aid his transformation to the front of the pack.
2. Jack Childs 16As 2013- made the Queensland U16 wider squad. No real competition, temporary 16s captain this year- a young leader and talent.
3. TBA- No depth here whatsoever. Would likely be Grade 10 prodigy Fraser McReight, whose brother Stuart played 1st XV and QLD representative rugby, but I doubt he'll be passed to play at such a young age.
4. Angus Morrison- solid young long, plenty of strength and height should see him secure a starting spot.
5. TBA
6. Harry Egan 16As/1st XV 2013- occasional 1st XV starter this year. The experiences of 2013 should help him step up to the mark next year with his only flaw being a lack of confidence and subsequently an underhanded presence. Expecting a big year from Egan to prove the doubters
7. Patrick Dooley 1st XV 2013- Open Rugby Player of the Year 2013. Standout player for the team with incredible positive involvement rates unmatched by his fellow pack members. Effective in the ruck and the maul with plenty of skills to accompany his presence in arenas of forward play.
8. TBA
9. Ben Knight 2nd XV 2013/Campbell Halliday 15As 2013- Knight's a more physical scrumhalf with guts and determination like a ninth forward. Halliday, like his brother Fergus, offers a silkier service from the base of the ruck yet is a possible liability in defence. Time will tell, the fight is on between these two.
10. Logan Spaander (Aus League)/ Nyoah Rosmarin 16As/ 1st XV 2013- Rumours are spreading that Spaander, fresh out of Nudgee College, is looking to link up with former teammate Lachlan Lanskey. An undoubtedly brilliant talent, his potential enrolment should mean great things for a backline stacked with natural talent, speed and flair. Nyoah performed strongly in his 1st XV cameo yet a dodgy shoulder might see him lose his grip on the #10 jersey.
11. Matt Forsyth 15As/ 1st XV 2013- Speed, flair and experience at such a young age should see Matt become one of the team's rising stars. Despite his small stature I'm backing Matt for an improvement on his already impressive 2013 season.
12. Lachlan Lanskey 1st XV 2013- the shining light of the 2013 backline. Breaks the line at will, links strongly in support, runs brilliant lines, unbeatable in defence and has a knack of crossing the white line. He will be the king pin of the BGS attack. Looking forward to his possible link with fellow league player Logan Spaander.
13. Eddie McCorley 16As/1st XV 2013- Built like a horse and can gallop as fast, QLD rep McCorley should secure a starting spot either at outside centre or on the wing. If he can keep his cool he'll work wonders with Lanskey in the midfield
14. Connor Bourke 16As 2013- a surprise package, the Ballina boarder can hopefully put his strength and skill to good use out wide. A tough, no frills outside back, Bourke could be the perfect foil the the back-three flair of Forsyth and Sly.
15. Nyoah Rosmarin/ Tom Sly 1st XV 2013- Sly's 2013 was very hit and miss. He'll be looking to stamp his authority in the jersey this season after glimpses of brilliance against BSHS this year. Needs to improve his decision making and defence ASAP, and if he can do this he'll have a great year next year.

Lama_#1

Frank Row (1)
possible GT 1st XI
1. Jacob Stanley
2. Kyle Leofa
3. Henry Bruce/Will Wilson
4. Patrick Morahan
5. Ted Porter
6. Tim Macmahn
7. Connor Moroney
8. George Cox
9 Ruben Wall / Tom Lutvey
10 Alex Horan
11 Jack Lodder
12 Nick Weller
13 Nikau Te-Rupe
14 Connor MacNamarah
15 Quillan Pritchard-Malaki[/quote]

Robbie Green is not repeating!!

betahater

Frank Row (1)
would have to agree with you @Terrace Lad. The red and black mad men of 2014 will be the team to beat, especially with a team as such. However, your worthy prediction could use a few adjustments.

Connor varnahm - overall terrace player of the year, (in my opinion). If it was not for his hamstring strain and constant leg day injuries he would have been a shoe-in for australian schoolboys. The best five-eigth terrace has to offer in mine and many others opinions.

Max Lawless should also provide the red and black army a go to man when on the try line. showing potential in the 2013 season with constant ball running and energy to burn, even if it looks like he never has energy. Ever.

Maybe some new recruits to fiddle with also!

mickyp

Frank Row (1)
would have to agree with you @Terrace Lad. The red and black mad men of 2014 will be the team to beat, especially with a team as such. However, your worthy prediction could use a few adjustments.

Connor varnahm - overall terrace player of the year, (in my opinion). If it was not for his hamstring strain and constant leg day injuries he would have been a shoe-in for australian schoolboys. The best five-eigth terrace has to offer in mine and many others opinions.

Max Lawless should also provide the red and black army a go to man when on the try line. showing potential in the 2013 season with constant ball running and energy to burn, even if it looks like he never has energy. Ever.

100% agree with you. another person to consider is Sam Stretton. He is arguably the best outside back in the GPS, but had to play in a lower team until his grades improved. Now that he's got a predicted 1-3 OP I think he'll be a good contender for that number 13 spot.

Terrace lad

Frank Row (1)

Mate, Connor is already in my team as Halfback. This is due to his incredible passing game. I beleive he is the man to give Sam Harrison wonderful pill.

Lawless is not up to scratch compared to the likes of Fergus Odonnell.

I heard a rumour this morning of a new import coming up the terrace ranks named Sam Whiteman. I heard he is an up and coming speed demon, I heard he was injured for GPS athletics this season, But would give Lodder a run for his money.

But yes i do agree,

GoT 2k14

Mitchell

Stan Wickham (3)
Center Lachlan Foulds was picked up by BBC at the State Championships this year. Big, fast and contracted with the Melbourne Storm, he'll be repeating Grade 11 next year. Wouldn't count him out.

Foulds is a loose cannon. At a game of rugby league this year for his club team Norths he stormed out of the dressing sheds moments before kick off after having a heated diagreement with the coach.....

jimothy

Frank Row (1)
Mate, Connor is already in my team as Halfback. This is due to his incredible passing game. I beleive he is the man to give Sam Harrison wonderful pill.

Lawless is not up to scratch compared to the likes of Fergus Odonnell.

I heard a rumour this morning of a new import coming up the terrace ranks named Sam Whiteman. I heard he is an up and coming speed demon, I heard he was injured for GPS athletics this season, But would give Lodder a run for his money.

But yes i do agree,

GoT 2k14

I think Matt (m-dearlovin) dearlove could get a run as well next season. Rumours say he has been bulking and has hit the 100kg already and had a very productive season this year, probably deserved some more game time in the 16A's than what he did.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
possible GT 1st XI
1. Jacob Stanley
2. Kyle Leofa
3. Henry Bruce/Will Wilson
4. Patrick Morahan
5. Ted Porter
6. Tim Macmahn
7. Connor Moroney
8. George Cox
9 Ruben Wall / Tom Lutvey
10 Alex Horan
11 Jack Lodder
12 Nick Weller
13 Nikau Te-Rupe
14 Connor MacNamarah
15 Quillan Pritchard-Malaki

Robbie Green is not repeating!![/quote]

With green not repeating fowards lack size, only leofa to cause some damage. Moroney work horse will be a force able to move around the pitch easily. No height in the lineout. Backs only have 3/4 good players, horon, te-rupe, wall, and Pritchard-Malaki. Wouldnt rate them very high next year but will compete well with the top 3.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
This is a QLD gps forum not AIC discuss elsewhere

While I'm not condoning the discussion of AIC talk in a GPS thread, you'll find the AIC 2014 thread has become absolutely overun by trolls and there is next to no productive talk going on. I wish other threads were up the standard of QLD/NSW GPS or Queensland Premier Rugby.

Heavens game

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good news to hear that definately Kirdes F is going to BBC next year for next 2 years. So happy for him, gets to play the sport he loves and picks up a great education as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.