• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Can anybody clear up this confusion/trolling and name the current 1st team for GT. Kyle Leofa going from QLD captain to 2nds this just shows how important fitness is.

I'll give it a go.

1. Kyle Leofa ( I haven't heard he's dropped)
2. Tim McMahon
3. Jacob Stanley
4. Tim Duffy/Patty Carrigan
5. Patty Carrigan/ Ted Porter
6. Ted Porter/ Hiale Slade-Roycroft
7. Connor Moroney
8. George Cox
9. Reuben Wall
10. Alex Horan
11. Quillan Pritchard-Malaki
12. Conor McNamara/Hiale Slade-Roycroft
13. Nikau Te Rupe
14. Open/ Matt Forsyth?
15. Nick Weller

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
I'll give it a go.

1. Kyle Leofa ( I haven't heard he's dropped)
2. Tim McMahon
3. Jacob Stanley
4. Tim Duffy/Patty Carrigan
5. Patty Carrigan/ Ted Porter
6. Ted Porter/ Hiale Slade-Roycroft
7. Connor Moroney
8. George Cox
9. Reuben Wall
10. Alex Horan
11. Quillan Pritchard-Malaki
12. Conor McNamara/Hiale Slade-Roycroft
13. Nikau Te Rupe
14. Open/ Matt Forsyth?
15. Nick Weller

Looks about right i cant see Roycroft playing anywhere but 12, although i do like McMamara, I prefer porter at 6 too. Is Forsythe the BGS boy is he at GT?

Just to clarify one more time no one is saying Leofa is dropped just he needs a lot of fitness work before the season kicks off as it strands he couldn't play 70 mins and is getting his reps with the 2's.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Maybe it's just too early and I'm not thinking straight, but I can't remember why Matt Forsyth would be ineligible to start for GT immediately.

I grant that it's highly unlikely he's on some form on scholarship, but what makes his case different from any other stock standard import in to year 11? I recall Nikau, Lanskey, Perese, Pilz, Hewat, Fox, Wolstenholme and others all started immediately for their First XVs.

I recall the issue with Asiata was that he was parachuted in to grade 12 weeks before the season commenced and repeated to play in 2014.

Why didn't Hiale play? And what reason would Forsyth not play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knockon

Bob McCowan (2)
GPS RUGBY TRIALS - Week 2
Venue: GT Sports Fields - Tennyson
Date: Saturday 7 June 2014
Time Carmichael Field
9 - 9.50am Team prep & warm up
10.00am Green v Gold
10.30am Blue v Red
11.00am Green v Blue
11.30am Gold v Red
12.00pm Green v Red
12.30pm Gold v Blue
1.00pm Selectors Meeting
Matches:
20min matches
10min interim selection meetings follow each match

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
I hear that BBC 2nd string team with 14 of the main first team out played an Ipswich team with 5(?)or 4? players out of their squad in a trial game today.
A lot of the 15A's stepped up I hear from last year.
BBC stopped counting at 40-nil!

Sadly it looks like Smith has major problems passing the ball .......where do you put a league 2nd rower that can not pass a ball???
In the forwards? Just don't think he has the brain for rugby and doesn't understand that as a centre he gets the ball out to the faster wingers.
looking good for the 16A's and depth for BBC rugby.

Havealook

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think that BBC stopped counting because that was the end score (maybe 44-0). Floodgates really opened either side of half time.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
3agugyha.jpg

Southport got a good write up in the match day program at the Wallabies

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Just thought I'd leave this here..

BBC and IGS had a group prayer today, it's a nice touch for two schools to embrace each other like this after the game. Even though the game was one sided, there's some great sportsmanship here.

5aqe2ypu.jpg

NextPropModel

Frank Nicholson (4)

BBC and IGS had a group prayer today, it's a nice touch for two schools to embrace each other like this after the game. Even though the game was one sided, there's some great sportsmanship here.

5aqe2ypu.jpg

What a great example for other schools to follow.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)

Great sportsmanship.this is what GPS rugby is about.

I hear there were a few injuries at GPS trials including 3 from BBC . Can anyone confirm.did Taumoua- Swain go to hospital ?

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)

Isnt IGS a secular school?

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Isnt IGS a secular school?

Yeah I believe so. It looks like the players on the First XV are religious enough, though.

Regardless of belief systems I quite like the idea. It'd be pretty hard to hold a grudge after a game after taking a knee and praying together.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Yeah I believe so. It looks like the players on the First XV are religious enough, though.

Regardless of belief systems I quite like the idea. It'd be pretty hard to hold a grudge after a game after taking a knee and praying together.

Good touch. Done often in club games. Schoolboy rugby players seem to group together well no matter their background for a prayer.

Love it

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
X Factor:
There coach Dave Eagle, apparently very good

David Eagle is at IGS??

He's an absolute legend of Schoolboy Rugby in Queensland, he coached BSHS to a bazillion premierships, oversaw a program that produced Ed Quirk, Chris Sautia, Matt To'omua, Paul Alo Emile, and Curtis Browning as well as several dozen Australian Schoolboy reps. When Eagle and his parter Graham Noon left BSHS the program went to the dogs, this is the first year they've started to come good under Sione Fukofuka

Status
Not open for further replies.