• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
BBC v IGS team list.
1. Christensen 1.Sciller (C)
2.S.Farrell 2.Ma'afu
3.Foulds 3.Douglas
4.Swain (C) 4.Keepa
5.Hope 5.Latu-Meafou
6.Middleton 6.Hughes
7.J.Farrell 7.Wallace
8.Gunter 8.Wolske
9.Vaughey 9.Taber
10.Raoren 10.Self
11.Carswell 11.Hicks
12.Seabrook 12.Russell
13.Ikitau 13.Sheridan
14.Verevis 14.Morton
15.Ngamanu 15.Robertson

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
Nudgee had a clean sweep in all A ages from 12's up with the closest game being the 15's. 15's were down on players with their Immersion program however last week and this weeks result would suggest this team is coming back to the pack which is only to be expected as the other teams catch up in size.
The 1st XV game was extremely physical, a number of injuries to both sides including a couple of key backs for Nudgee. Final score 25- 7 to NC. It could have been a blow out with the amount of possession NC had however Grammar's defence on their own line was superb. TG play extremely hard over the ball and had numerous turnovers at the breakdown. NC were a little rusty however were very strong right across the board and will be better for the run. No 6 for Nudgee Meni was an absolute stand out with the 8 and 11 both strong contributors. For TG the 1 and 7 were easily their best. Overall a great start to the season for both teams and I imagine it will be a tough road trip up the range for those teams playing there this year.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
NC v TGS team list.
1.Ireland 1.Hoopert
2.Schoupp 2.Faessler
3.Luka 3.Harris
4.Dalle Cort 4.Clift
5.Verryne 5.Wilshere
6.K.Meni 6.Hoopert
7.Zappala 7.McKee
8.Hewat 8.Shelton
9.Smith 9.Green
10.Moseley 10.Stewart
11.T.Meni 11.Vary
12.Hunt 12.Watson
13.Richman 13.Mack
14.Malala 14.Inch
15.Rangihuna 15.Oates

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
High quality, physical entertaining game today at Miskin Oval today, both teams played in a positive spirit. It was a massive improvement from BBC on last weeks trial over BGS.

BBC came out of the blocks early with a great converted try to Farrell after a runaway from halfback Vaughey who converted his own try. 7-0

The balance of play swung each way to whichever of the big bruising forward packs dominated at the time but it was the slick BBC backs who converted most of the points and at half time it was BBC 3Tries 17-7.

After half time IGS came out fired up and steered possession to their 3 key players and totally dominated - BBC had been caught napping and very quickly IGS led 19-17 and looked like they were going to run away with the game if they had the fitness to keep going. A master stroke of coaching genius saw BBC put Verevis at halfback and BBC soon scored and converted two tries down the right hand side. BBC were back in control 31-19.

Another try to each of the teams saw the final score 36-24. There will be some sore and sorry boys tonight but I did not notice any show stopping injuries to either side.

For BBC the captain Swain led brilliantly and played a terrific game supported by Farrell and Gunter but apart from a few lapses of concentration and complacent commitment in defence when on their line the whole forward pack can take a bow. According to the programme the pack weighs over 830kgs combined.

For the backs Raoren found numerous gaps and directed play well. Ngamanu, Ikitau and Verevis all dangerous but when Verevis went to halfback and kicker it was a game changer.

For IGS Ma'afu, keepa, wolske and Robertson were the standouts to whom play was consistently directed. (ie. the Aus reps for both teams all played well)

Congratulations to both schools - BBC won the 2nd's which was also a quality bruising game there is some solid depth shown from BBC there.

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
Nice words Oracle83, I believe the penalty count against BBC was pretty high. They might want to review it and hopefully tidy those areas up before next week. IGS were right in it and full praise for their efforts up front. When they got a roll on, they were definitely dominant. I noticed the amount of turnovers they made when it looked like BBC were on attack. BBC support to the tackle player too slow and got punished for it. IGS went to sleep on the blindside as BBC capitalised 3 times. Congrates to both sides as we look forward to next weeks encounter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from TSS v BGS game here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100900132@N02/sets/72157655988384032

19604894340_ca5419b50f_b_d.jpg

19798861581_374aa61ebc_b_d.jpg

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
a couple of observations out at Toowong today
1 if there was a premiership for field presentation then BBC would be on a hatrick. was that Lords or Miskin st?
2 BBC won 11A , 12a,14A , 15A by 20 ,16A by 30 ,2nds and 1st s
3 the IGS 13A is as good as everyone says. the BBC 14A have been reading their own press and scraped home
4 if that IGS under 13 side is not the biggest in GPS history then i want a royal commission.they will put a 100 on a couple of schools
5 the 1stxv was just as warren wobble predicted.At 17-5 at halftime BBC blew at least 3 tries . the BBC back 3 were electric as was IGS 15.
great game of running rugby but the back 3 of BBC too slick.
BBC scrum was dominant with 2 tighheads .
15 for IGS is brilliant but was found out in defence a number of times .

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Again, ACGS 27 GT 25

i am surprised that GT got that close. i knew they would be fit and well coached but that ACGS front row is massive. i was expecting GT to get smashed in scrums . did that happen.?
A very young GT team .next 2 years they will be right up there.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
i am surprised that GT got that close. i knew they would be fit and well coached but that ACGS front row is massive. i was expecting GT to get smashed in scrums . did that happen.?
A very young GT team .next 2 years they will be right up there.

Churchie dominated set piece and won the line outs hands down. Two yellow cards and a red to Churchie players allowed GT into the match. GT fullback very good player neat on his feet made ground every time he touched the ball.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I agree with Hound - after the debate on the forum about Terrace's scrum, their body height was simply not good enough. Angus Wagner was particularly good on the loose head for ACGS.

When both sides reserves came on the scrum battle largely settled down, and I would put money on Terrace's seconds out scrummaging their Firsts.

Terrace actually had more possession in the first three quarters of the match I felt, as Churchie's points were nearly all long distance tries, created from offloads and amazing individual efforts on counter attack

Terrace certainly had a bit of luck on two of their tries as well - QPM had the bounce of the ball go his way, as did Will Eddie in the second half.

I liked the look of young Isaac Lucas as a raw talent, and he'll be one to watch this season. Terrace's centres were quiet, but the back three was, as predicted, very talented.

Churchie's front row were beefy, but weren't really challenged.

Locks flew largely under the radar, but McMillan and Wallis shone on the tape - Wallis was spurred on by some Ashes-flavoured sledging on the field, I suspect.

I'm definitely enjoying DoubleTake Productions ref mic!

Churchie's halfback had a long pas, on which Churchie built their attack. Croft took the ball three or four channels off the ruck, but I felt didn't overplay his hand, happy to lay the ball off to his deputies. When he tucked it under his wing he was brilliant, but he chose his moments went well.

Su'a was being well contained, until he wasn't. I wouldn't call him a workaholic, but as a strike player he also picked his moments. When he had a proper crack he was unbelievably good, but I suspect that only happened once or twice in the game. He murdered someone in defence with a huge hit

Jack Mason and his wingers make up a potent back three, but need to work on injecting themselves more. Number 11, whose name I didn't catch, touched the ball three or four times during the game but broke five tackles and created a try on his final touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
Round 1 wobbles:
TSS V BGS
The light blue dark blue will make the trip down the M1 with high hopes of staying within 30 points of TSS.
It’s a fair enough aim given the absolute pastings they endured last year. The beach boys will have other ideas, as they usually start quicker than a Bali tourist heading to the airport before an ash cloud.
The best mums in the business will be on the sidelines, but bikinis will be replaced with beanies as the arctic vortex moves across the canals and blows one of the goal posts over before kick off.
The grammar lads will quickly and studiously put the posts back up while the Southport team just sit in the grand stand. This will sap any energy the Grammar lads bought with them and TSS will run right over the top of them, when they can be bothered to start playing.
TSS by 31

Nudgee Vs TGS
The T-ba boys will come down tonight to prep themselves for the game and to acclimatize to Sea Level conditions. Teams unlucky enough to play on the flats will in fact be playing below sea level, so TGS teams will struggle down there. The firsts however, should be fine. They booked the local Hungry Jacks out after seeing it listed on Air BnB.
So they’ll be fatter than Oprah after Thanksgiving. The greasy carbo loading will do wonders for their scrum too and they’ll wheel Nudgee around Ross Oval all afternoon. It won’t be enough though as the mountain men will fall just short of the bingo butchers. The T-ba lads will make the most of the trip and spend the rest of the weekend sunning themselves on the mud flats at Nudgee beach.
NC by 11
BBC v IGS
Ah the hallowed fields of Toowong beckon. IGS are still having nightmares about the 70 point flogging the kilt wearers handed out in the last game of last season. So much so half the Ippy team will stop at the Goodna RSL on the way down to drown their sorrows with a couple of Woodstocks and a game of Keno.
This won’t be good for over all performance and using Gatordade as a mixer won’t help either. After a surprisingly good start from Ippy and a quick biff between their own front row, a couple of Ippy boys will bring their counter meals up on the middle of Miskin and BBC will pile on the points as their back three make swiss cheese of the Ippy D. Ensuring the BBC parents will be suitably annoying next week when they play TSS.
BBC by 16
Churchie V Terrace
Easily the closest match up of the round in terms of the game and the supporters. In fact if no one wears a scarf or a stupid supporters hat you won’t be able tell who is going for who. It won’t be till you go out to the car park that you can spot the difference. People movers double parked all over the streets of East Brisbane and Range Rovers valet parked right near the swimming pool and the foot massage tent. They know how to do it at Churchie!
On the field this will be close. The Red and Black will look like fat kids in a vat of smarties - they’ll be all over the Churchie boys in the first 10 minutes. In fact for a while it will look like the Terrace boys might open their account with a win. In the second half Churchie will bring on Quade Cooper (he’s going to do Grade 11 for the third time), and be too strong in the end. It will be a good warm up for Quade as he’ll then go to Suncorp Stadium and play the house down as the Wallabies roll the Bokkas.
ACGS by 8

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
Round 1 wobbles:
TSS V BGS
The light blue dark blue will make the trip down the M1 with high hopes of staying within 30 points of TSS.
It’s a fair enough aim given the absolute pastings they endured last year. The beach boys will have other ideas, as they usually start quicker than a Bali tourist heading to the airport before an ash cloud.
The best mums in the business will be on the sidelines, but bikinis will be replaced with beanies as the arctic vortex moves across the canals and blows one of the goal posts over before kick off.
The grammar lads will quickly and studiously put the posts back up while the Southport team just sit in the grand stand. This will sap any energy the Grammar lads bought with them and TSS will run right over the top of them, when they can be bothered to start playing.
TSS by 31

Nudgee Vs TGS
The T-ba boys will come down tonight to prep themselves for the game and to acclimatize to Sea Level conditions. Teams unlucky enough to play on the flats will in fact be playing below sea level, so TGS teams will struggle down there. The firsts however, should be fine. They booked the local Hungry Jacks out after seeing it listed on Air BnB.
So they’ll be fatter than Oprah after Thanksgiving. The greasy carbo loading will do wonders for their scrum too and they’ll wheel Nudgee around Ross Oval all afternoon. It won’t be enough though as the mountain men will fall just short of the bingo butchers. The T-ba lads will make the most of the trip and spend the rest of the weekend sunning themselves on the mud flats at Nudgee beach.
NC by 11
BBC v IGS
Ah the hallowed fields of Toowong beckon. IGS are still having nightmares about the 70 point flogging the kilt wearers handed out in the last game of last season. So much so half the Ippy team will stop at the Goodna RSL on the way down to drown their sorrows with a couple of Woodstocks and a game of Keno.
This won’t be good for over all performance and using Gatordade as a mixer won’t help either. After a surprisingly good start from Ippy and a quick biff between their own front row, a couple of Ippy boys will bring their counter meals up on the middle of Miskin and BBC will pile on the points as their back three make swiss cheese of the Ippy D. Ensuring the BBC parents will be suitably annoying next week when they play TSS.
BBC by 16
Churchie V Terrace
Easily the closest match up of the round in terms of the game and the supporters. In fact if no one wears a scarf or a stupid supporters hat you won’t be able tell who is going for who. It won’t be till you go out to the car park that you can spot the difference. People movers double parked all over the streets of East Brisbane and Range Rovers valet parked right near the swimming pool and the foot massage tent. They know how to do it at Churchie!
On the field this will be close. The Red and Black will look like fat kids in a vat of smarties - they’ll be all over the Churchie boys in the first 10 minutes. In fact for a while it will look like the Terrace boys might open their account with a win. In the second half Churchie will bring on Quade Cooper (he’s going to do Grade 11 for the third time), and be too strong in the end. It will be a good warm up for Quade as he’ll then go to Suncorp Stadium and play the house down as the Wallabies roll the Bokkas.
ACGS by 8

Well done Wobbler.
I'm back on deck next week.
Duelling reports for all G&GR fans.

Murphys Law

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is churchie GT replay available on that link? Interested in seeing this game as heard it was full of drama with the 3 cards given out to churchie and 3 disallowed tries to them also. Heard croft is a class act at 10 and Sua showed great ball skill and not just his league skill set.

Status
Not open for further replies.