• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Round 1 wobbles:
TSS V BGS
The light blue dark blue will make the trip down the M1 with high hopes of staying within 30 points of TSS.
It’s a fair enough aim given the absolute pastings they endured last year. The beach boys will have other ideas, as they usually start quicker than a Bali tourist heading to the airport before an ash cloud.
The best mums in the business will be on the sidelines, but bikinis will be replaced with beanies as the arctic vortex moves across the canals and blows one of the goal posts over before kick off.
The grammar lads will quickly and studiously put the posts back up while the Southport team just sit in the grand stand. This will sap any energy the Grammar lads bought with them and TSS will run right over the top of them, when they can be bothered to start playing.
TSS by 31

Nudgee Vs TGS
The T-ba boys will come down tonight to prep themselves for the game and to acclimatize to Sea Level conditions. Teams unlucky enough to play on the flats will in fact be playing below sea level, so TGS teams will struggle down there. The firsts however, should be fine. They booked the local Hungry Jacks out after seeing it listed on Air BnB.
So they’ll be fatter than Oprah after Thanksgiving. The greasy carbo loading will do wonders for their scrum too and they’ll wheel Nudgee around Ross Oval all afternoon. It won’t be enough though as the mountain men will fall just short of the bingo butchers. The T-ba lads will make the most of the trip and spend the rest of the weekend sunning themselves on the mud flats at Nudgee beach.
NC by 11
BBC v IGS
Ah the hallowed fields of Toowong beckon. IGS are still having nightmares about the 70 point flogging the kilt wearers handed out in the last game of last season. So much so half the Ippy team will stop at the Goodna RSL on the way down to drown their sorrows with a couple of Woodstocks and a game of Keno.
This won’t be good for over all performance and using Gatordade as a mixer won’t help either. After a surprisingly good start from Ippy and a quick biff between their own front row, a couple of Ippy boys will bring their counter meals up on the middle of Miskin and BBC will pile on the points as their back three make swiss cheese of the Ippy D. Ensuring the BBC parents will be suitably annoying next week when they play TSS.
BBC by 16
Churchie V Terrace
Easily the closest match up of the round in terms of the game and the supporters. In fact if no one wears a scarf or a stupid supporters hat you won’t be able tell who is going for who. It won’t be till you go out to the car park that you can spot the difference. People movers double parked all over the streets of East Brisbane and Range Rovers valet parked right near the swimming pool and the foot massage tent. They know how to do it at Churchie!
On the field this will be close. The Red and Black will look like fat kids in a vat of smarties - they’ll be all over the Churchie boys in the first 10 minutes. In fact for a while it will look like the Terrace boys might open their account with a win. In the second half Churchie will bring on Quade Cooper (he’s going to do Grade 11 for the third time), and be too strong in the end. It will be a good warm up for Quade as he’ll then go to Suncorp Stadium and play the house down as the Wallabies roll the Bokkas.
ACGS by 8

well done WW = 4 out 4 and pretty close on the scores too

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
after his huge successes with Aussie Schoolboys' everyone expected some change in culture with Phillotts in charge of BBC 1st xv.@But i dont think anyone expected to see the 1stxv running the water for the BBC 13As.
and i dont mean 1 or 2 - i mean the whole team . parents from both teams were impressed.
i have never seen that before .

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Just bumping the Official Tipping Competition for GPS Rugby 2015.

There are currently *11* participants, of which eight stand undefeated.

Screen Shot 2015-07-19 at 3.54.10 pm.png

Because the average score of the round was 4/4, by joining before next saturday all new Tippers will carry an undefeated record in to Round 2.

Round 2 Games

TSS @ BBC
GT @ BGS
BSHS @ TGS
ACGS @ IGS

Show off how bloody clever you are by winning our tipping comp - with three exciting matches this round, I doubt the table will be choked up for much longer.

To join, follow this link: http://mysportstips.net/join-competition.aspx

Enter competition number: 10448 and password: greenandgoldrugby

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
after his huge successes with Aussie Schoolboys' everyone expected some change in culture with Phillotts in charge of BBC 1st xv.@But i dont think anyone expected to see the 1stxv running the water for the BBC 13As.
and i dont mean 1 or 2 - i mean the whole team . parents from both teams were impressed.
i have never seen that before .
I was very impressed with this. I can tell you that the 13A boys really enjoyed their presence, encouragement and feedback, especially in the face of the onslaught they were facing on the field.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
The other time i have seen this is from the nudgee 1st xv ...they would run in different teams in the old cic comp. .. i admired it as a bbc parent on the day down on the flats ...

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
That is exceptional to see, be it from any school- BBC gets a lot of flack about the poor culture their rugby programme creates, looks healthy to me. Talking to parents at school on game day the programme is working and quantity of players brought in to younger age groups is grossly overstated.

Young Josh Bowyer-Bowen was the same he was a terrific supporter and role model to all age groups on and off the field.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
well done WW = 4 out 4 and pretty close on the scores too

Went mostly as expected GSP.

Hats off to Grammar for fighting hard against TSS.

The Ippy lads will cause some heartache this season.

T-ba had a crack and Nudgee will feel it this week.

GT and Churchie closer than I thought. Good to see the Red Black go hard. Hope the Terrace supporters found their Tarragos after the FT whistle.

State High hit the skate ramp on Saturday so they'll be nice and loose for their first game!

TSS V BBC is the game of the round this week and should be a cracker.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I'm interested in State high's performance against TGS. TGS look good and no one knows too much about state high

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I was very impressed with this. I can tell you that the 13A boys really enjoyed their presence, encouragement and feedback, especially in the face of the onslaught they were facing on the field.

Tashara I've enjoyed watching your boy for a while now - has he started at BBC? It's certainly quite a way from Nerang!

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
Tashara I've enjoyed watching your boy for a while now - has he started at BBC? It's certainly quite a way from Nerang!
Yes King he has, along with his mate 'Nerang #10'. You must know then how much I like my little highlights, so forgive my shameless promotion of the boys this year in the BJRU div 1 comp.

Looks like I'll be making all sorts of highlights this year including 1st XV games, so stay tuned.

Indeed we are a long way from Nerang, however we are now official Bris-Vagas residents. Although we still have a club season to complete this year and continue to travel up and down the motorway.

Thanks for watching him play, it means a lot. He's pretty bruised up and battered after his first official GPS game against IGS, talk about a baptism of fire. He tackled his heart out and all BBC boys gave their best. Great to see the boys still demanding that I make a highlights reel of the game regardless the result.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Thanks for watching him play, it means a lot. He's pretty bruised up and battered after his first official GPS game against IGS, talk about a baptism of fire. He tackled his heart out and all BBC boys gave their best. Great to see the boys still demanding that I make a highlights reel of the game regardless the result.

I thought I recognised the 10! I might have to head down to the BBC 13 A's one day.

Is that the first game he and his flyhalf have ever lost together??

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
a couple of observations out at Toowong today
1 if there was a premiership for field presentation then BBC would be on a hatrick. was that Lords or Miskin st?
2 BBC won 11A , 12a,14A , 15A by 20 ,16A by 30 ,2nds and 1st s
3 the IGS 13A is as good as everyone says. the BBC 14A have been reading their own press and scraped home
4 if that IGS under 13 side is not the biggest in GPS history then i want a royal commission.they will put a 100 on a couple of schools
5 the 1stxv was just as warren wobble predicted.At 17-5 at halftime BBC blew at least 3 tries . the BBC back 3 were electric as was IGS 15.
great game of running rugby but the back 3 of BBC too slick.
BBC scrum was dominant with 2 tighheads .
15 for IGS is brilliant but was found out in defence a number of times .

Yes-big wake up call for the much hyped BBC 14A team who have never tasted defeat BUT;
1) they had just come back from a week long camp with no training;
2) Jack Bowen and 1 or 2 others not playing.
Very close call,
As the GT 13 As of 2012 will tell you: much can change in 12 months.!

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
The under 13 comp looks like a tough one for some of these players first taste of GPS rugby.

If the IGS under 13 do not put 80 on a couple of schools I will ask WW for advice on tipping>
number 8 is huge and fast-couple of length of field tries.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
If the IGS under 13 do not put 80 on a couple of schools I will ask WW for advice on tipping>
number 8 is huge and fast-couple of length of field tries.

First of all - kudos to the IGS 13A , B and C teams . They are exceptionally deep and figure to be " the mark" for the next 5 seasons at this age group in GPS Rugby. State High as well , however , I always said it was IGS's premiership to lose a month or so ago when everyone was going Gaga over the State High team during the trial season.

Secondly , without taking anything away from IGS 13A's who are a great team with high quality players and who are well Coached/ Managed - their No 8 , on his own , is good for 40 points a game.

He may not score 40 points a game but his go forward and what he draws in opens up the game for the rest of IGS's talent who on their own are probably containable against the rest of the top end of the age group.

It's not just the fact he's got an estimated 35kg advantage against our average weight in the forwards - he is fast and aggressive and can sustain his power

Without him , I think IGS still have the wood on everyone , but he's that good he's a 40 point advantage on his own IMO .

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Actually there are 8 from year 11 I'm being told with a few year 11 squad members similar to other schools/

To be fair I did say 16s, while a number of the team are in grade 11 only three of those boys are eligible to play 16's.

I didn't realise quite so many still had a another year at school though.

Status
Not open for further replies.