• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Fair day out at BBC today... first just got home in a very ugly game ... state high play the worst style of rugby but it disrupts teams... bbc won 16's 14's A games State High won the rest of the A games and i must admit as a BBC supporter Im very impress with the progress of the State High program with their MIC doing a great job and watch some of the A coaches at state high and they are impressive ...13A's watched the first half and they say size ... yes they have that ...but that doesn't retain ball and BSHS were very very good at that .... great team good coaches but in my opinion no chance against ippy ... good day of rugby on a great day.... winning

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
All my point is some people are getting carried away about how some teams and individuals are going in the underage teams. When you look at it size is a big factor. There is nothing wrong with this but as the boys get older this will change as the others catch up. So things just need to be kept in prospective when looking at 13 and 14 year olds and making a call on how they will perform when they turn 16 and 17.
Time and time again kids that are dominate in the early years just go missing when they get older. But there are exceptions.

Sorry but there is nothing wrong with being the best under 12 or 13 player going around in fact it is something to be proud of and celebrated - about time the kids were allowed to enjoy what they achieve today not what they might not achieve tomorrow.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Churchie open the scoring in the second. Su'a has a 3 on 2 in Nudgee's red zone, outruns the first, bulldozes the second. Churchie lead 22-7, 25-minutes to play. Nudgee running to to the wind

Hewat is down, and he's taking his sweet time getting up. Looks like his shoulder is playing up. He does get up, but I think Nudgee are being out-Nudgee'd.

Rangihuna and Verryne have both been carted off as well.

Churchie score again after Nudgee knock on after a scrum. Reserve halfback scoots over after several phases of pressure. Croft misses. Churchie lead 27-7 with 10 to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Churchie win makes the prospect of a shared premiership the most likely outcome.

Does anyone know why Gavin Luka did not play for NC today.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Fell down the stairs on the way to the warm-up, tore his meniscus, per Gerard Alexander

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
State High will be very disappointed letting that one go. It was a game they should have won. In the end they ran out of players. I came to the game expecting to see the BBC team everyone was talking about at the start of the year. What happened?

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Great day of rugby as usual against Churchie at Boondall. Games seemed to be very much in Nudgee's way in the 14's, 15's and 16's (good effort there considering the wipeout last year at East Brisbane in the 15's). Not sure about the younger years in 11's, 12's and 13's however who really takes notice about the preamble its the main dance that counts. Churchie were simply outstanding in the firsts, 10 and 12 were a level above. It obviously wasn't going to be Nudgee's day with Luka falling down stairs before the game and doing his knee, there also seemed to be two more serious knee injuries to the 10 and 5 so next week will be a tough gig down at TSS. It will be a really interesting game considering TSS had their feet up all weekend. Certainly a test of the Nudgee rubgy program.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
State High will be very disappointed letting that one go. It was a game they should have won. In the end they ran out of players. I came to the game expecting to see the BBC team everyone was talking about at the start of the year. What happened?

letting it go?
BBC up 27-10'and ran reserves on?
BSHs showed plenty of heart to score last 2 tries.
bBC run out of players. check todays program.
in last ten minutes -out of 5 in Aussie schoolboys squads and 3 more in Qld teams only one - the captain- finished the match.take 7 rep players out and that will effect your confidence.
And now the best player the 15 looks injured as well.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
FT N 7 C 27 3rd year in a row ACGS beats NC (adding: 2 of those wins at Ross Oval).
I'm really reaching, but that has given me a little joy on an otherwise hopeless night following the Eden Park fiasco.

TSS have 2 bigs games still to come, yes? Good stuff and thanks for the updates from all.

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
letting it go?
BBC up 27-10'and ran reserves on?
BSHs showed plenty of heart to score last 2 tries.
bBC run out of players. check todays program.
in last ten minutes -out of 5 in Aussie schoolboys squads and 3 more in Qld teams only one - the captain- finished the match.take 7 rep players out and that will effect your confidence.
And now the best player the 15 looks injured as well.
Right! You seem to be full of excuses for a team that won. But keep em coming. If I see one more BBC injury list on this forum I think I will puke. The fact is you could only beat a very very ordinary BSHS 1st 15 by seven points. And now your telling me there were five Aussie schoolboys and 3 wild players in that team. What does that say. Keep in mind Churchie beat the State high team by 39 points.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
State high are very poorly coached ... the senior program has been a debacle for the last 3 years ... how many ex state high players from the last 3 years are playing super rugby and they still havent finished in the top 5 ..... BBC i wouldnt hang your hat on that...

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
BBC backs very lateral today for most of the game so it was left to the forwards to score the key points. Sometimes, the 10 and 12 just needed to put their heads down and run at a gap or a left shoulder. When State High went to the lead 13-10, BBC changed their game plan and controlled field position by simply punching the ball through the forwards to eventually grind their opposition away. BBC has real size but lacked mobility at times. Size and strength won out in the end though.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Right! You seem to be full of excuses for a team that won. But keep em coming. If I see one more BBC injury list on this forum I think I will puke. The fact is you could only beat a very very ordinary BSHS 1st 15 by seven points. And now your telling me there were five Aussie schoolboys and 3 wild players in that team. What does that say. Keep in mind Churchie beat the State high team by 39 points.

Bear what it says is BBC had a shocker today and won, whereas last week they hung in but were beaten by NC who were totally in their zone a 180 to the way they played today against Acgs. BBC have only lost to TSS prior to that and they remain the only undefeated team.

Yes BBC have injury woes and after the NC complete implosion today where they were a totally different team to last week and now NC have major injury concerns as well for TSS game.

From what I have seen BBC have no chance against churchie with the injuries they have and the massive front row churchie have as they were taking tight heads and line outs off nudgee at will.

In essence I think it will be a TSS - Acgs GF to determine if there is one winner or two this year.

BBC have another woulda coulda shoulda year - until they get Farrell back at hooker they will continue to struggle - also philpotts needs to stick verevis at 9 if fit against churchie for any hope at all.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)

My dear Bear
You seem upset and frustrated.
w hat I was telling you was there was 8 rep players who were NOT playing.when they do all play they can lead TGS at Toowooma ! 27-10 with 5 to play.
BSHS can still get another win.
But can i suggest that running reserves on with different shorts and socks to the firsts is not a real good look.think average.think lack of culture .
In the last ten minutes BSHS had players shorts they were either white, black or blue.
A little thing i know but it stood out like dogs " proverbial"

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
My Dear Larry Dwer, you are correct. BSHS were pulling people out of the grandstand to play. Such is the state of the 1st 15 rugby program at the school. I was simply saying that given the rumoured 1 million dollar rugby program investment you have you could still only beat a rag tag team by 7 points. Regarding the shorts, maybe if state high charged 18 000 dollars a year per student, they could afford the correct shorts.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
TGS v TSS will be in Toowoomba.
ACGS v TSS is at Churchie.

Huge game for Churchie that one.

If they can play as they did against NC, they will win.

Against NC, Churchie fixed virtually all of the flaws that had either hurt them or held them back in previous matches, as a result their potential to really play and consistently execute a forwards-led power game was realised.

Even the most rabid NC parents volunteered to me that they had rarely seen their team so consistently and completely dominated at Ross Oval.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
My Dear Larry Dwer, you are correct. BSHS were pulling people out of the grandstand to play. Such is the state of the 1st 15 rugby program at the school. I was simply saying that given the rumoured 1 million dollar rugby program investment you have you could still only beat a rag tag team by 7 points. Regarding the shorts, maybe if state high charged 18 000 dollars a year per student, they could afford the correct shorts.

My dear Bear
You seem such a well balanced fellow ( in the sense that you have a chip on both shoulders ) but you must forgive me ; I had no idea the cost of enrolment fees correlated to the ability of the 1st xv to all wear the same playing gear.
The funny thing is that at my nephews under 10 game this morning both teams including reserves had the same shorts and socks.
BTW the BSHS 13 , 14 and 15 teams all, played strong so congrats.
PS - its a lot more that $18000 a year enrolment.Actually only a little bit less that BGS and TSS.

by the way its an isult to the BSHS team to call them rag tag. Those boys played their guts out and never gave up.And yes BBC were crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.