• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Great work from BBC publishing updates!

"RUGBY FIRST XV UPDATES:
Jack Farrell has scored the first try for BBC, just one and half minutes into the game.
Isaac Henry, again, take us to 13 - nil.
A try to Churchie.
BBC scores again to take us to 18.
The second half has started and Churchie look fired up.
Churchie just scored and converted.
BBC penalty converted by Isaac Henry.
Churchie have scored again taking them to 20.
Churchie has taken the lead 25-21 with five minutes to go...
A scrum close to the BBC try line leads to a line out.
A scrum again 10 metres from the BBC try line.
30 seconds to go and BBC is pushing for a try. 10 metres out!! A line out goes to Churchie.
FINAL SCORE: BBC 21-25 CHURCHIE"

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
TSS couldn't win their own line-out to save themselves today.

Churchie not much better - numerous poor throws and scrappy line outs nearly cost them the game.

......and to be fair, BBC skilfully caused many of Churchie's line out problems.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
at AcGS today
BBC won 13A by 40 , 14A by 30 , 15 A by 6 --lost16 A by try after full time and won 2 nds with try after full time.
In first half leading 18-10 at halftime BBC looked good with Ngamanu at 10 leading them around the field
in 2nd half it became the Croft show!!scored one set up one.but as king said above BBC had a scrum and then a lineout only 5 mtrs out with 5 to go and could not convert either.
Would love to see Croft and Sua in Aussie schoolboys but I hear Broncos have them under lock and key

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Not sour grapes .....but the Ref call on BBC not releasing when Churchie were off their feet was the death knell. Churchie take it wide ( left ) in the corner and its 24-20 with 6m or 7m to play

Dagger.

Having said that BBC had their opportunities in the last few minutes but just didn't have the composure for the right decisions to be made

Another one that got away for the green , white and black as they didn't capitalise on Churchie's multiple handling errors

A far from convincing victory

Churchie v TSS - now a critical match up

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
at AcGS today
BBC won 13A by 40 , 14A by 30 , 15 A by 6 --lost16 A by try after full time and won 2 nds with try after full time.
In first half leading 18-10 at halftime BBC looked good with Ngamanu at 10 leading them around the field
in 2nd half it became the Croft show!!scored one set up one.but as king said above BBC had a scrum and then a lineout only 5 mtrs out with 5 to go and could not convert either.

Would love to see Croft and Sua in Aussie schoolboys but I hear Broncos have them under lock and key

Yeah ...Fox Sport Pulse has 13A result as 32-12

Correct result is 52-12

The GT Army

Bob McCowan (2)
Sounds like BBC have fallen in a hole. Must be frustrating when you have shelled out big dollars and sitting at the wrong end of the table.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Not sour grapes ...but the Ref call on BBC not releasing when Churchie were off their feet was the death knell. Churchie take it wide ( left ) in the corner and its 24-20 with 6m or 7m to play

Dagger.

Having said that BBC had their opportunities in the last few minutes but just didn't have the composure for the right decisions to be made

Another one that got away for the green , white and black as they didn't capitalise on Churchie's multiple handling errors

A far from convincing victory

Churchie v TSS - now a critical match up

AhHmmm. There were many poor refs calls today, but, importantly, I think neither team got many more worse ones than the other to be fair. It was random and evenly distributed.

Just to balance out the ledger, I was right plumb in line with two BBC line outs in 2H, on both occasions there were blatant, utterly clear 'not straight' throws by BBC as the AR stood motionless as though amnesic over the rules of the game. Ditto an obvious BBC knock on (by their 10 IIRC) after a quick tap in Churchie's half late in the game, AR totally missed it as did the on-field ref.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
For those at the GT v TGS match today, a high tackle penalty against TGS was about to be reversed from a touch judge report (unclear on what grounds) until the incident was replayed on the big screen.

Interesting scenes as the players and referee all watched it. A quick chat between the TJ and ref and the original penalty stood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
BBC showed terrific skills in 1H today.

Their line speed (and its accuracy) in defence was outstanding, they forced many crucial knock ons and ball losses and turnovers by Churchie. They bought a gun to a gun fight and readily put Churchie off their game.

Their exit kicking was excellent, their 10 exposed Churchie's defensive flaws out wide, they AB-like pounced on Churchie's mistakes and used them very well.

My strong impression was that they possess a really great potential, which has simply not been realised.

Churchie recovered well in 2H, and I gained the impression that BBC's fitness was not quite up to Churchie's, they seemed to flag and lose concentration in 4Q. Whereas Churchie have mastered the come-back-kid role now in at least three of their games.

That may not make Churchie 'convincing winners', but by showing fortitude, concentration and grit in the 4Q time and again, they are avoiding the moniker of being 'impressive losers'.

I'll take that.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Kalala and TJ Meni combined four minutes in for a try in the corner, converted.

TSS halfback Jordan Lenac fended his opposite into another dimension on a trademark scoot, opening up the line for inside centre Noah Lolesio (?) to score on 15 minutes.

Hewat carried TSS' entire right wing of defenders over with him at 18:30.

Hewat was in again in the 26th minute, dummying off a defender and powering through the gap to extend the lead to 19-7 at halftime.

Tyler Campbell wriggles through the line to reduce the deficit, 19-14.

Nudgee kick a penalty, 22-14.

Gavin Luka is in for Nudgee - that "torn meniscus" musn't be travelling too badly

Nudgee's counter-attacking machine strikes again - they soaked up multiple phases of pressure on their goal-line, before turning it over and swinging it wide. Great support play to score a team try - Brendan Malala finishes, 29-14.

Gavin Luka yellow carded for shoulder charge on goalline. Tipene Mavoa picks and drives over, 29-19, conversion unsuccessful.

Nudgee pilfer 30 out from TSS line - easy pickings for a penalty that should seal the upset - AND HE'S MISSED. The rookie 10 chokes the kick

Emry Pere goes beastmode for TSS, busting through the middle -but that is fulltime.

TheKing

Edit. Should be Willie Malala.

Also, did you know Max Dowd and Noah Lolesio are from last year's 15A

Kudos to Digby for tipping Nudgee win by 3.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
BBC showed terrific skills in 1H today.

Their line speed (and its accuracy) in defence was outstanding, they forced many crucial knock ons and ball losses and turnovers by Churchie. They bought a gun to a gun fight and readily put Churchie off their game.

Their exit kicking was excellent, their 10 exposed Churchie's defensive flaws out wide, they AB-like pounced on Churchie's mistakes and used them very well.

My strong impression was that they possess a really great potential, which has simply not been realised.

Churchie recovered well in 2H, and I gained the impression that BBC's fitness was not quite up to Churchie's, they seemed to flag and lose concentration in 4Q. Whereas Churchie have mastered the come-back-kid role now in at least three of their games.

That may not make Churchie 'convincing winners', but by showing fortitude, concentration and grit in the 4Q time and again, they are avoiding the moniker of being 'impressive losers'.

I'll take that.

i was there today and that is a fair accurate summary. well said
one big difference was the kickoffs with ACGS taking theirs cleanly .

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Yeah .Fox Sport Pulse has 13A result as 32-12

Correct result is 52-12

Having watched the 13a's today at Tennyson, I must say I honestly cant see GT beating BBC next week - minus their 9-10-12 GT just don't have the penetration in attack to score enough points to come out on top.

One thing is certain they will defend to the end and BBC will need to earn any victory.

The firsts should be a ripper as well as most R&B v GB&W of late have been.

GT is a different side with Wall at 9

BAG

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
TGS outplayed pretty much in every aspect. Their structure was sharp but didn't seem to punch through often. Their counter attack was also pretty handy.

Wraps must go to Eadie (11), Burns (13),Wall (9) and Carrigan (5) in the fowards.

Stewart was sharp as were 1,5 and 15.

Actually surprised that Nudgee got up. Having seen TSS play a fair bit of footy as well as Nudgee I was pretty convinced TSS would have it over NC but from the stream Nudgee looked slick.

Status
Not open for further replies.