• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
Grandfinal game in the under 14A's this weekend. If BSHS 14A's beat GT they share the title with BBC. If they lose to GT 14A's then BBC takes it outright. From looking at the table I think that is how it works out. Correct me if I am wrong.

If GT win then GT are undefeated premiers, if they lose then BSHS and BBC share it with one defeat each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
What a wonderful day at Miskin for Old Boys' Day. I was able cruise around most age groups and captured a very positive spirit across all teams.

As this was the final GPS game of the season, I'd like to congratulate all the boys participating this year, win loose or draw. The spirit is alive and well both on and off the field.

In the meantime...

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
As someone else said;"15 & 7 " were a class above everyone else-so well done Aussie Schoolboys selectors.
I am told 15 is now in Samoa with a TSS boy in the ARU under 20 sevens team.

My Dear Mitch

Not to inflame a delicate situation but young Veravis was in the 2nds and he is actually in the Aussie Schoolboys squad and extended ARU 7s squad(not just Qld team)-maybe he was coming back from injury? -because he scored 2 tries in the last 20 in Firsts.
But a little birdie told me that unless QRU get off their arse ;that he may be joining the ACGS 15 from last year up at Townsville.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
In the meantime.

Geeeeeeeezzzz, says a thousand words. Posters can moan all they like about scholarships, but if your 1sts players are tackling so high rather than going for the legs then the sympathy argument goes right out the window.

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
You are wrong if GT win they take it outright with no losses and a draw

BAG
How am I wrong??? If bSHS win they finish the season with only one loss. It will be a shared premiership with BBC because GT would have had one loss and a draw. Have a look at the table and get back to me.

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
I apologise. I just read your post again. You are right. If GT win then they win it outright. This should be a good game with a lot riding on the result.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Geeeeeeeezzzz, says a thousand words. Posters can moan all they like about scholarships, but if your 1sts players are tackling so high rather than going for the legs then the sympathy argument goes right out the window.

Absolutely spot on - That video totally shows brilliant attacking flair and support play but also exposes appalling defence with no desire to tackle from many in light dark. It also supports a pretty healthy culture at the school too.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
And "MITCH" my mate and chum,
to truly award you with the "dummy spitter of the year" award I would like to remind you that TGS beat Grammar by 65 points earlier in the season. BBC beat Grammar by only 7 points more last Saturday.

I see no rant after that result on the thread, nor after Grammar chalked up a win against Ippy. Well done by the way - the boys must of played well that day.

Maybe you should have given the BBC players some credit for playing some outstanding rugby, (as per that video above) instead of singling young rugby players out and making dubious claims about the people who coach a schoolboy rugby team.

You will also find that throughout all my posts - every school gets a ribbing. Usually Churchie cops it the most, but then they have far thicker skins than you and know damn well it is all a harmless piss take. I secretly love Churchie by the way :)

I hope you have had a nice Sherry and a lie down and are OK with life now. Good Luck against Churchie on Saturday - I will be rooting for the upset!

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
After the Firsts boys ran water for them in their first game of the season against a formidable Ipswich opponent the BBC 13's ( 70 + all up ) constructed a message of support for the Firsts Boys in the in goal where they warming up before they took the field against TSS the following week ( Round 2 )

The message read "All In" and was constructed from 70 + boaters

70 + U13 boys all lined up shoulder to shoulder across the in goal and gave them a war cry before they headed off for Rugby Hill for the march down to Miskin

The 2nd XV came down to a training session throughout the season and shared that session with the 13A/B boys which was run by one of the Firsts Coaches

I don't think anyone can really talk about poor culture within the BBC program . Yeah...there is always room for improvement - but this season it took a big step up

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Yeah.there is always room for improvement - but this season it took a big step up

From my perspective (and that of the BBC families I talk to) there has been a definite change in culture over the past 2 years at BBC even more so as this this season has progressed - in the coming years when more players that have bleed for each in the lower grades play together in the Firsts, BBC will have an even more formidable program.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I think if anyone's Rugby Culture needs a spray it's got to be Brisbane Grammar.

As an old boy and former coach, I'm still linked in to warnings sent out to boys skipping training - one that springs to mind was a warning sent to the 16A/Bs a few weeks ago begging players to attend training. I don't think poor results are a surprise to anyone if that is the case.

Regarding the lack of coverage in the last few weeks, I've been hamstrung by relying on Churchie's live stream, which has spat the dummy in each of the last two weeks, and then had a work commitment on last Saturday.

With that being said, I'm not exactly being flooded by match reports being sent in.

You'll find that Lee Grant runs a roster of a dozen or so writers who contribute in NSW - QLD Schoolboys have one dedicated writer and a photographer who tries his hand.

If you (to the forum in general) want to read match reports every week, get involved with helping us write them! Even if you send in a couple of sentences with details about who scored tries, it's better than nothing.

If you can get to a game this weekend, jot down in your smartphone's notes app a brief description of the tries and who scored them, then post them to the forum, and a match report will magically pop out the other end.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
King that maybe so but they, as a school, are still putting teams on the park from A - D in most year groups. There must some interest from the boys to keep turning up each week with those sort of numbers. Other school struggle to have B sides.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
King that maybe so but they, as a school, are still putting teams on the park from A - D in most year groups. There must some interest from the boys to keep turning up each week with those sort of numbers. Other school struggle to have B sides.

Agreed looking at the GT schedule for this weekend v BSHS

There are only

3 games in Open
1 in 16's
2 in 15's
3 in 14's
3 in 13's
1 in 12's

GT is playing BSHS in 13 games and another school or a bye in 24 games not including the U11's

I would take the BGS program over BSHS program all day

BAG

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

Re BGS rugby.

The future positive surely has to be their recruitment of P Mooney as Director of Rugby from this year.

This appointment has to be one of the most, if not the most, senior/seasoned/experienced coaches/head-of-program ever appointed in QLD GPS rugby.

Mooney has coached the QLD Reds, a team in Japan (name escapes me) and Wests Premier grade. He's made some mistakes along the way, but he will have learnt from them and will bring many skills and hopefully high quality oversight to the BGS rugby program, we'd expect to see these in evidence in 2016-17, it will take a bit of time as it always does to rebuild a whole school's program in a particular sport.

It was a bold statement by BGS to appoint Mooney, whose salary btw would be bound to be above the norm in a GPS sports context.

The appointment clearly highlighted that BGS sought major change and improvement in its rugby program and I for one applaud them taking such a bold step in the obvious quest to bring BGS right back up the ranks of QLD GPS rugby vs letting their program wither into permanent mediocrity and motivational decay within this otherwise great school.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Re BGS rugby.

The future positive surely has to be their recruitment of P Mooney as Director of Rugby from this year.

This appointment has to be one of the most, if not the most, senior/seasoned/experienced coaches/head-of-program ever appointed in QLD GPS rugby.

/cut/

100 % correct.Great appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.