• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaltBrisney

Peter Burge (5)
No they are not kidding.They have last weeks prop playing at 5!!
Hosea is out. a new kid at 9. Farrell back in and last weeks 2 to prop?
If GT do not dominate the lineouts and scrums they ought to pack it in.
in 2nds they have a 6 playing at 12.

I don't think they will be panicking. If the 9 is who I think it is, he will not lot them down, rather, I think he will impress. The prop you are referring to is a lock who has been converted to prop. I imagine he will be comfortable in the second row. Farrell back in can only be a good thing and the boy who has been playing 2 is a handy player, They will also have 2 very handy front row replacements waiting on the sidelines to do their bit, which they have done very well in weeks past. Missing Hosea might not hurt them as much as you think as they didn't seem to use him in the line outs anyway. GT will by no means find this an easy assignment.

The biggest game this week will be the TGS V DC game up the hill. It will be an absolute cracker.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Aloha from Juneau Alaska. The big bad bear says ...

TSS by a few - 15
NC by 5
GT by 8
IGS by 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

Paultheprop

What happened to the GT 10? Their 13 was definitely a weapon early in the season, shame if he has to play at 10.
Word is the GT 10 has been crook all week and not likely that he will play tomorrow. They will certainly miss him controlling the game tomorrow, great player from what I've seen at club games. Not sure but think he was the City 10 and also one of those qld league reps. With the 13 at 10 GT will be missing some attack out wide

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Meh

I like the guy they will play at 13 better than the guy who had been playing 13 anyway ( at least in that position ) Better able to create/engage X factor in an outside channel and finish IMO

Tomorrow's 10 gives them more thrust in a power running game and power kicking game

I guess the other new lad who has been put to the pack comes back to form a very impressive midfield

Big fan of the 15 too. Very impressive ( and underrated ) player

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
Meh

I like the guy they will play at 13 better than the guy who had been playing 13 anyway ( at least in that position ) Better able to create/engage X factor in an outside channel and finish IMO

Tomorrow's 10 gives them more thrust in a power running game and power kicking game

I guess the other new lad who has been put to the pack comes back to form a very impressive midfield

Seems to be good reasoning as to why Tce have been playing those boys in those positions i.e 13 for a power running and kicking game and 12 to engage and create opportunities out wide, the other boy was put into the forwards for a reason because thats where his skill set is at the moment ...agree #15 is under rated and could slot in anywhere in the backline as he has done this season...BBC look too strong across the field imo and look very well coached to boot...BBC by plenty

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Meh

hmmmm, would like to remind you all that, young boys are just boys, they read this and when they see comments like the above, especially negative comments, like someone else is better can be hurtful. At such a young age comments that we think are ok as adults can be very harmful to young boys who don't know how to shrug it off, perhaps good positive comments about boys and keep the derogative ones to yourself, even though they be true. Remember how harmful and encouraging different words can be.

Adults have to be better

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Careful not to get a nose bleed from the high horse there Frots

Its actually the same lads in different positions where there was much love for all in what I actually said when I referred to them and gave them a wrap

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Willie John !

Good to see you back . You must have been hiding under a shamrock

No need for the self defeating chat .....you guys where within a Leprachaun's chode of taking down State High and Ipswich Grammar

Despite the score line State High hosed BBC and points ( bar 1 x try ) were counter plays on High errors

The GT boys also have the benefit of consistent coaching over 2 seasons now

It's Evens for mine and maybe with GT as slight favourites

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
ScreenHunter_020.jpg

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
Willie John !

Good to see you back . You must have been hiding under a shamrock

No need for the self defeating chat ...you guys where within a Leprachaun's chode of taking down State High and Ipswich Grammar

Despite the score line State High hosed BBC and points ( bar 1 x try ) were counter plays on High errors

The GT boys also have the benefit of consistent coaching over 2 seasons now

Thanks GO scorelines are one thing but the reality is both ippy and bshs sides were missing a few big hitters so GT should have won but didnt ...not sure about what you mean RE consistent coaching but different coaches this year pretty sure of that....GT are scraping by on individual brilliance but they cant do that against the better teams..their stars shine bright against the weaker teams and they look like superstars but against good opposition they get found out...they need to be more consistent still say bbc by plenty
With the 10 out and changes in the backline they will lack cohesion especially on defence remember 12 was moved to the forwards for a reason I think he will have plenty of defending to do...

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Oh......thought you had the same Coaches as last year

Also BSHS looked like the full complement in the game I saw against GT

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)

Oh come on!! - Ill be calling you Tricky Ricky Stuart if you keeping angling for the underdog status like that - GT with 4 out it should be BBC's game..... but you are right it is close and the boys in Green and Black had better be on their game.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Now come on yourself BAG

BBC also with reasonably significant injury and illness omissions ( 2 ) and a key player that has been playing through a lingering injury

I stand by my words .

Even money at best. But GT with just too many stars in the midfield - a veritable constellation I dare say

High cut boots

Frank Nicholson (4)
Wondering how much predicted wet weather may play a part in BBC-Terrace game. Terrace have not shown the ability to switch to a plan B if the Chiefs style rugby is not working. BSHS showed them wet weather rugby in round one with Terrace unable to adapt.
BSHS might like a bit of trench warfare at Ross oval too.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
While a fair point, there's only been one wet weather game so far and Terrace claim to have learnt from their mistakes - being, the players continued to chance their arm instead of sticking to the territory game plan.

It would be great if we could get some actual team sheets happening instead of "Side X are missing two but Side Y are missing 6" type speculation.

BBC are meant to be missing seven First XV players - 4 (Trevor Hosea),5 (Xavier Vela), 6 (Jack Kibble), 9 (Tony Raoren), 13 (Len Ikitau) and 14 (Ben Simpson), with two seconds players out of action also.

Their team sheet sounds like this so far:

1. Prynce Romeo-Taugaele
2. Sean Farrell
3. Rhys Van Nek
4. ?
5. Cal Hope
6. Lonetona Tietie? Dom Walton?
7. Saula Senituli
8. Cullen Ngamanu
9. ?
10. Isaac Henry
11. Luke Peel
12. Conrad Green
13. Nathaniel Carswell? Louis Faux?
14. Finn Mounsey
15. Solomon Stone

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
GT XV V BBC

Oliver Macklin
Harry Birgin
Joshua Nasser
Harry Wilson
Ed Paynter
Tom Kelly
Seamus Tweedy
Harry Webster
Sam Kirk
Isaac Lucas
Johnson Oyelodi
Hoani Ford-Stevens
Byron Ralston
Will Eddie
Jordan Rodgers

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Wondering how much predicted wet weather may play a part in BBC-Terrace game. Terrace have not shown the ability to switch to a plan B if the Chiefs style rugby is not working. BSHS showed them wet weather rugby in round one with Terrace unable to adapt.
BSHS might like a bit of trench warfare at Ross oval too.

that would suit bbc just fine

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
While a fair point, there's only been one wet weather game so far and Terrace claim to have learnt from their mistakes - being, the players continued to chance their arm instead of sticking to the territory game plan.

It would be great if we could get some actual team sheets happening instead of "Side X are missing two but Side Y are missing 6" type speculati

BBC are meant to be missing seven First XV players - 4 (Trevor Hosea),5 (Xavier Vela), 6 (Jack Kibble), 9 (Tony Raoren), 13 (Len Ikitau) and 14 (Ben Simpson), with two seconds players out of action also

Their team sheet sounds like this so far:

1. Prynce Romeo-Taugaele
2. Sean Farrell
3. Rhys Van Nek
4. ?
5. Cal Hope
6. Lonetona Tietie? Dom Walton?
7. Saula Senituli
8. Cullen Ngamanu
9. ?
10. Isaac Henry
11. Luke Peel
12. Conrad Green
13. Nathaniel Carswell? Louis Faux?
14. Finn Mounsey
15. Solomon Stone

I can assure you Prynce is not playing. Nor is Jo'e Stead from 2nds who played firstxv last year.Nor is Carswell .

anyone know hooker from 2 nds is?- he is playing 1. Some 16 A players must be playing .

Status
Not open for further replies.