• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webbodactyl

Stan Wickham (3)
Is 2nds 12, one of those who played at 10 last year in the absense of Lucas, i believe in the Grammar game. I have seen a few games this year and couldn't quite put my finger on whether it was or wasnt.

Yes i think so, he filled in and looked half decent. Stevens i believe his name is, played seconds all year predominantly at 12

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
State High Vs BBC
Easily match of the round status. BBC supporters won't care if it's being played at Catrina or Catherina or Carine or wherever the hell it is. . They will be at the cow paddocks all day waiting for kick off. My mail is there is an injury or two at State High and some positional changes at BBC (a couple of the impact bench have got a run-on). Should be a cracking first half but BBC will win the game.
BBC by 9

Churchie Vs Nudgee
Nudgee supporters will be absolutely filthy about losing at Miskin St last week. Dogs will have been kicked, the heavens have been blasphemed and butchers stripes were burned. There will be no repeat of that and the school who'd rather win the 13D premiership than get an OP1 will not leave without a win against the shiny guys.
NC by 15

Terrace Vs BGS
As much as I'd like to see the mighty, blue, light blue challenge for a win - I can't see it. In fact there's more chance of Hilary Clinton getting pregnant than Grammar winning. Terrace need to get this done without any injuries to their key players or any of the sleeveless parka dads on the sidelines. Both are crucial if they want to go on and win and be a massive pain in the arse for other supporters in the next 3 rounds.
GT by 22

IGS Vs TGS
Woomba have had a shocker this season. Whatever you do don't take any of them to the races with you - these guys are dead-set unlucky! They've been competitive and passionate but haven't been able to buy a win when it mattered. IGS on the other hand look like they have a premiership team, but have lost interest at critical times. I think the season will catch up with my mates from the range and Ippy will get it done. Woodstocks at The Railway Hotel - my shout!
Ippy by 7

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
State High Vs BBC
Easily match of the round status. BBC supporters won't care if it's being played at Catrina or Catherina or Carine or wherever the hell it is. . They will be at the cow paddocks all day waiting for kick off. My mail is there is an injury or two at State High and some positional changes at BBC (a couple of the impact bench have got a run-on). Should be a cracking first half but BBC will win the game.
BBC by 9

Churchie Vs Nudgee
Nudgee supporters will be absolutely filthy about losing at Miskin St last week. Dogs will have been kicked, the heavens have been blasphemed and butchers stripes were burned. There will be no repeat of that and the school who'd rather win the 13D premiership than get an OP1 will not leave without a win against the shiny guys.
NC by 15

Terrace Vs BGS
As much as I'd like to see the mighty, blue, light blue challenge for a win - I can't see it. In fact there's more chance of Hilary Clinton getting pregnant than Grammar winning. Terrace need to get this done without any injuries to their key players or any of the sleeveless parka dads on the sidelines. Both are crucial if they want to go on and win and be a massive pain in the arse for other supporters in the next 3 rounds.
GT by 22

IGS Vs TGS
Woomba have had a shocker this season. Whatever you do don't take any of them to the races with you - these guys are dead-set unlucky! They've been competitive and passionate but haven't been able to buy a win when it mattered. IGS on the other hand look like they have a premiership team, but have lost interest at critical times. I think the season will catch up with my mates from the range and Ippy will get it done. Woodstocks at The Railway Hotel - my shout!
Ippy by 7

Not bad Warren Wobble . up there with your best.
Your inside mail is also on the money.
Your right - the more GT keep winning the more the parka dads keep telling everyone how to play the game.
Heard yesterday that GT will have a brilliant new centre in grade 11 next year from out Sunnybank way- and I mean brilliant .
His younger brother will be there as well in grade 9

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Very good W Wobble
Maybe your 2nd best.
Take a lot to beat your one about old boys day at TSS last year:
" spray tans, gold chains and MILFS" - still cracks me up .
BTW - your tipping is not bad either.
keep them coming
a fan

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Is 2nds 12, one of those who played at 10 last year in the absense of Lucas, i believe in the Grammar game. I have seen a few games this year and couldn't quite put my finger on whether it was or wasnt.

I am pretty sure it was Joe Eckersley that played 10 for GT last season when Lucas was out, Stevens may have been injured then as well, I am pretty sure he missed a few 16A's games early on.

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hi all

It has come to my attention that the traditional tunnel that is formed by the boys prior to the firsts at ACGS has being limited to year 11 and 12 students only for fear of someone getting hurt running back to the stands.

A couple of things, I am NOT a Churchie parent or Old boy. However it upsets me because such a tradition of many years of GPS rugby (Not Just Churchie) is being eroded in one foul swoop. I hope no other school has such a ludicrous idea. Do we then ban war crys, do we ban cheering, do we ban yelling because despite the fact we have being doing it for 100 years and no one gets hurt we now start doing it. I hope all other schools don't start going down this path and start eroding the joy and passion of supporting your school in GPS sport.

Vintage Red

Herbert Moran (7)
Hi all

It has come to my attention that the traditional tunnel that is formed by the boys prior to the firsts at ACGS has being limited to year 11 and 12 students only for fear of someone getting hurt running back to the stands.

A couple of things, I am NOT a Churchie parent or Old boy. However it upsets me because such a tradition of many years of GPS rugby (Not Just Churchie) is being eroded in one foul swoop. I hope no other school has such a ludicrous idea. Do we then ban war crys, do we ban cheering, do we ban yelling because despite the fact we have being doing it for 100 years and no one gets hurt we now start doing it. I hope all other schools don't start going down this path and start eroding the joy and passion of supporting your school in GPS sport.

Sadly - we are already starting to see this creep in!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...g/news-story/2b0c8a4bc95be39713678d73d314b0ae

RedBlackRed

Frank Row (1)
Hi all

I'm not sure if it's quite the same, however it was extremely unpopular amongst Terrace students. As of last year, new GPS rules came out stating that tunnels are not allowed to be formed/go onto the field.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)

200_s.gif

MongoRahRahFilth

Bob McCowan (2)
State High Vs BBC
BBC by 9

Churchie Vs Nudgee
NC by 15

Terrace Vs BGS
GT by 22

IGS Vs TGS
Ippy by 7

This was just Gold so amazingly good

Status
Not open for further replies.