• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
GPS Rugby Round Six Results

Ipswich Grammar School's Cooper Whiteside has kicked a field goal in the final minute to beat Toowoomba Grammar School, 32-31

Brisbane State High School have knocked Brisbane Boys' College out of contention for the Premiership in a 13-12 thriller at Carina.

Churchie have fallen to Nudgee College 38-8 at home.

Finally, Gregory Terrace have firmed as competition favourites with a 74-5 thrashing of Brisbane Grammar School at Tennyson

I

Ippy 15As

s
Ipswich nailed a field goal from right in front to take a 32-31 lead with 40 seconds on the clock.

TGS win back the ball from kickoff, and IGS concede a penalty dead in front, 40 out, on full time.

Kye Oates lines up the kick - and pushes it left. IGS win.

If he had kicked it, I'd be 4/4 for the week. Alas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
same here king

I

Ippy 15As

ahh the grammar captain curse, at least not too bad this time. But seriously against GT again?

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
With TSS having a bye and working in Brisbane this morning I thought I would travel out to Fursden Rd
My observations( And I did not care who won)
1): The ref was poor : very poor - A lot of penalties against BBC and his refusal to police the off side line ruined a good spectacle.
2) the BSHS backline defence was continually off side but was also brutal ;
3) BSHS looked out on their feet just after halftime and going downwind I expected BBC to kick to corners and frustrate BSHS out of the match- but strange tactics and 3 serious injuries changed that;
4) number 5 Hosea went off with concussion and BBC knocked back 3 penalties in front and proceeded to lose all 3 lineouts.!! why do they keep throwing to the back?? they then lost the ball over the line and BSHS nearly scored a long range try.14 Simpson stopped the try and hurt his shoulder;
5) 13 Ikatu had scored a try and looked dangerous and then he got a serious leg injury . BBC unravelled from there including 2 players jumping into each other and knocking on the final kickoff
6) BSHS showed a lot of heart in defence ( even if they pushed the off- side)but BBC will rue a poor set piece , losing 6 lineouts ( including 3 that were 5 mtrs out) and not taking penalties

Looks like serious injuries to 3 of the BBC stars as well.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
With TSS having a bye and working in Brisbane this morning I thought I would travel out to Fursden Rd
My observations( And I did not care who won)
1): The ref was poor : very poor - A lot of penalties against BBC and his refusal to police the off side line ruined a good spectacle.
2) the BSHS backline defence was continually off side but was also brutal ;
3) BSHS looked out on their feet just after halftime and going downwind I expected BBC to kick to corners and frustrate BSHS out of the match- but strange tactics and 3 serious injuries changed that;
4) number 5 Hosea went off with concussion and BBC knocked back 3 penalties in front and proceeded to lose all 3 lineouts.!! why do they keep throwing to the back?? they then lost the ball over the line and BSHS nearly scored a long range try.14 Simpson stopped the try and hurt his shoulder;
5) 13 Ikatu had scored a try and looked dangerous and then he got a serious leg injury . BBC unravelled from there including 2 players jumping into each other and knocking on the final kickoff
6) BSHS showed a lot of heart in defence ( even if they pushed the off- side)but BBC will rue a poor set piece , losing 6 lineouts ( including 3 that were 5 mtrs out) and not taking penalties

Looks like serious injuries to 3 of the BBC stars as well.

Spot on report that!!!

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
Interesting day out at BSHS
12A was a draw
BBC won 13A,15A,16A and 2nds by over 50
BSHS won the battle for the 14A premiership with a 2 try win. High quality gamewith 12 and 13 for BSHS sensational

Memo to BBC 1st xv . If you knock back penalties in front then you have to win your lineouts.
PS - when you are down wind , you are allowed to kick to corners, you dont have to score off every play. Great defensive display by BSHS .congrats

Webbodactyl

Stan Wickham (3)
As an aside after only winning two games across the program against GT last year BGS managed to win two (2nds and 11C) and one draw (11A). I'd imagine against Nudgee there were similar results which is quite a worry

Old Rugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
12A was a draw
BSHS won the battle for the 14A premiership with a 2 try win. High quality gamewith 12 and 13 for BSHS sensational

Memo to BBC 1st xv . If you knock back penalties in front then you have to win your lineouts.
PS - when you are down wind , you are allowed to kick to corners, you dont have to score off every play. Great defensive display by BSHS .congrats
The Terrace v Toowoomba Grammar Under 16 game next week should be a ripper. Hope the injuries to first XV GT players doesn't rob the GT under 16 of too many players

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
ahh the grammar captain curse, at least not too bad this time. But seriously against GT again?

Wouldn't quite call McReight's injury the "Grammar Captain curse". From what I saw, he should be back soon if not next week. Some very interesting decisions from the coaches today: Masselos and Arthur played in 2nd XV and Arthur went to Inside Centre during the 2nd half of the First XV. No matter what, I'd have these 2 players in my starting side at #1 and #4 respectively. Captain McReight gave it absolutely everything today - could hardly run in the 2nd half cause he was so buggered. #3 for BGS had a solid game and showed that he can physically match older boys despite being in Year 10. Injuries to Baker and Traves have depleted the outside back stocks for BGS. Not sure what happened to #13 Gilbert during the 2nd half.
Great games played by #3, #5, #10, #13 and #14 for GT. Complete performance.
NC vs GT in final round will be an absolute cracker!

When was the last time GT won at Ross Oval???

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
12A was a draw
Re the 14's
57-10 last year

27-19 this year -BBC leading 19-17 with 12m to play

Just got over powered down the stretch -sort of same with what happened to GT and TGS with their games against BSHS

Congrats to BSHS who will likely finish out the season in No 1 spot

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I'm 4 from 4 King, again ;) too easy

You're the God of GPS Rugby, Sage :p

I did call TGS to win by 3, and most of the posters here disagreed with me. If Oates kicks the pretty routine penalty, they win by 2.

I'll come back strong next week, I promise.

God I hope Nudgee and GT decides the Premiership. That would top BGS v NC in 2012 in my opinion - and I'm a Grammar Old Boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.