• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
What schools are the Coaches and Asst Coaches from for Q1 and Q2 this year? I think Q2 is Jon Fitzgerald from Marist Ashgrove.
@ME, these as per the listings in the Official Program.

QLD1: Coach - David Cooke, Cleveland District State High; Assistant Coach - Mark Moxon, Ignatius Park College; Manager - Gavin Hosking, St Laurie's College.

QLD2: Coach - Jon Fitzgerald, Marist College Ashgrove; Assistant Coach - Ben Cameron, Kingston State High; Manager - Brenton Catchpole, Richlands East State School.

Big Mal

Allen Oxlade (6)
Mark Moxon Q1 2015 2 nd place 21-19 in final to NSW1. David Cooke Q2 2015 3rd. Beat N2 in 3/4 playoff. Ben Cameron manager/asst coach of Q2 2014/15. Jon Fitzgerald prev involved with Aus A and Aust schools teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Watching

Bob McCowan (2)
That said Getwithme and Old School, have a look at the Australian Championships results before you commit. If the two Queensland teams perform as poorly as they did yesterday in either of two remaining matches..then the "rock stars" from GPS may be more deflated than expected and give NC a sniff.

That said yes, forwards need to be forwards...(listening NC 4,5,6,7 & 8) do the work.this is not league!!! GPS rugby, IMO, need to get rid of some of league influence, particularly in the forwards because guess what??? IT DOESN'T WORK!!

Sage/Old School - Totally agree based on the last 2 trails I seen these boys play. Only 2 out of the list are play league, but your correct, too many of them are playing in the backline...so who's doing their job upfront? The boys in all these teams are athletes and will adapt to whatever the coaches tell them to do, so based on the archaic systems that their playing, this is a coaching problem and not so much a player problem. The better defensive teams (BSHS, TSS..etc.) will shut this down and then NC will have to go to Plan B, which is ????

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
A couple of First XV Trials this weekend.

TGS @ ACGS, 11:00 am

BSHS @ IGS (Brassall), 12:00 pm

St John’s College, NZ @ BBC, 2:00pm

BGS @ TSS, 2:10 pm

GT @ NC, 2:15 pm

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
Yes they did. They played there 3rds and 2nds while the 1st squad trained.
It was close up till half time. Then it blew out. Nudgee did well but were out classed in the end.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Does anyone know which St John's College, there are 3 just in the north island? Assuming Hamilton..

Yes, Hamilton.

St John's rested a few of their boy's for the BBC game with the short turn around. Should be a cracker.

NC boy's got a good haka from the Waikato boy's and they will be cheering their chiefs on at Suncorp tonight.

FlashFlanker

Herbert Moran (7)
St Johns has had a good season to date, so they are a good test for any GPS team.
St Johns.JPG

Waterboyrugby

Herbert Moran (7)
That list show the difference between QLD GPS and NZ vividly.
St johns 14 games YTD, talking to their coach they'll play about 20 games this year.
Nudgee 2 games YTD. total for the year 11 games.

That schedule for St Johns doesn't include pre-season fixtures or traditionals outside of local competitions.

Some 1st XVs are playing warm-ups in February, have inter-school tournaments, and traditionals with schools outside their local area, and then are part of the national knockout comp in Sept/October. I'd say upwards and over 30 games a year for top schools in NZ.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
That schedule for St Johns doesn't include pre-season fixtures or traditionals outside of local competitions.

Some 1st XVs are playing warm-ups in February, have inter-school tournaments, and traditional with schools outside their local area, and then are part of the national knockout comp in Sept/October. I'd say upwards and over 30 games a year for top schools in NZ.

And the 1st XVs games are shown on Sky. :eek:

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I think it's more likely to be that the selectors would refuse to select a player already committed to an alternative pathway..

Same reason they don't pick League players.

Why waste a development spot for a kid who will never play for Queensland?

Boom Crash

Stan Wickham (3)
If we are honest GPS Rugby is curtailing QLD Rugby.
I understand that it is not up to the GPS schools to focus on rugby.

The change in the GPS rugby season means QLD players are under prepared for the Aus Schoolboys. They have not played a game when the trials begin.
The change in terms has also impacted on club competitions. There are not enough players to form a competitive competition with AIC and GPS playing seperate terms.

There are a lack of rugby games in a season for players to truly develop.

Schools restrict players from playing club and or Rep. (A recent rumour that a QLD GPS School insited that thier QLD players attend a 1st XV training camp instead of QLD training)

Recruitment of talent from Non GPS rugby schools reducing the quality of teams and competitions. (AIC)

Recruitmet of players that have agreements with proffesional Rugby or NRL clubs that then discourage players from rep football.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Yes, Hamilton.

St John's rested a few of their boy's for the BBC game with the short turn around. Should be a cracker.

NC boy's got a good haka from the Waikato boy's and they will be cheering their chiefs on at Suncorp tonight.

BBC parent told me they have 7 out today for match against St Johns
-4 In Qld teams
-3 injured including 10, 6 and the new lock .
test for their depth .

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Aussie Schools selected:

Will Eadie, GT
Sean Farrell, BBC
Lloyd Gorman, BSHS
Isaac Lucas, GT
Fraser McReight, BGS (First BGS lad since 2012! Long time between drinks)
Matt Wilshere (TGS)

Barbarians:

Matt Faessler (TGS)
Jordan Petaia (BSHS)
Henry Sharp (ACGS)
Ben Simpson (BBC)
Tristan Stanghorn (ACGS)
Harry Wilson (GT)

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Is this is the first time NC and TSS have zero selected in the history of the Aussie Schoolboys?

Status
Not open for further replies.