• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
What is it with Qld rugby. something stinks when 2 of the best and certainly the 2 biggest( both 203cm)boys in Blyth of TSS and Hosea of BBC do not try out for Qld Schools?

Hosea has a pre existing contract with the Melbourne Rebels. I'd say that would have something to do with that.

Saw Blyth play last year and thought he was a bit of a passenger in what was a seriously good TSS side. Maybe he has improved ten fold and could be a late call up for Australian schoolboys. He did get named captained of the TSS side.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Josh Baker got the nod ahead of Harry Martin on the wing. Given how Devereux performs over the next coming weeks, I can't see him retaining his place when Johnny Shaw comes back into the backrow.

Taipan

Chris McKivat (8)
First XV team list
ff1ab366442c8e70139866843defa666.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
At my sons game today, GT finally got them 15-0 in the 15As ... They are even better than last year. Although the State High boys were rusty.

The GT 14A backline is one of the hottest I've seen in a while, if they had the forwards to match that monster State High team would have lost.

Wasn't a good day for BSHS out at Fursden road, I didn't bother making the trip in the rain to watch the firsts. Silly to split the grounds the kids play at.

bahog

Bob McCowan (2)
WOW just watch NC backs carve up the hapless BGS team. 39-3. The mobile NC forwards were dominant in the greasy conditions. The forwards, not to be outdone by the flash haircuts of the backs scored a few rolling mauls in very good style, MVP NC number Ten Rauhini controlled play, chipped for willing chasers and ably supported by number 9. 1,3,7,8 were all over the paddock and worked as a team. Some injury worries though with 14 Shepherd concussion and 15 Malala ankle injury again. BGS toiled well in the forwards but all the backs let them down with poor defensive positioning and missed tackles. Some injuries to BGS players but didn't get the numbers, might have been one of the second rowers with a head clash with NC 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.