• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
ApparentlyNick Berry is reffing the TSS v GT match.

It shouldn't matter, as all experienced refs should be impartial enough to ref a game.
But, the QRRA site has Simon Moore listed as the TSS v GT 1st XV ref.
(And Nick Berry the QPR Grand Final on Sunday)

F

from the side

Thanks for your attention, yes you are right, BBC will destroy TGS and Nudgee will beat Ipswich.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
This was suggested in the Premier thread when Sunnybank played Souths. I don't get it. We have a Super Rugby ref who is going to ref a schoolboy game and you think there's going to be an issue. No wonder there isn't a long cue of people wanting to be referees if they are going to be liked with some perceived bias.
We should want these guys reffing at this level.

There is long standing selection policy for refs that they are not appointed to the school they have ties with. I know for a fact 1st XV coaches protest ref appointments if the ref went to or is associated with a school and the appointments are changed.

I don't think you could ever call a super rugby ref bias when it comes to a schoolboy match, and it is stupid to do so. It does raise the point however of other refs who are not allowed to ref a school they went to or are employed at, etc.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
NC to beat IGS in a canter
Terrace to beat TSS for the 1st time in a decade (but no other open games)
BBC to beat TGS (unlucky again)
BSHS to beat ACGS (after years of pain)

Darvo

Peter Burge (5)
It shouldn't matter, as all experienced refs should be impartial enough to ref a game.
But, the QRRA site has Simon Moore listed as the TSS v GT 1st XV ref.
(And Nick Berry the QPR Grand Final on Sunday)

It shouldn't matter but any 50/50 call that goes GT way will be considered bias and you will see a blow up from TSS Supporters/Coaches. Best just eliminate that factor all together.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Apparently Nic Berry is reffing the TSS v GT match. .....if I was a TSS official I'd be blowing up!

If I was a TSS official I'd be delighted to snag a Super Rugby ref for my Firsts match. Don't care where he comes from/teaches at/played for. Nic Berry taking up the whistle's one of the good news stories for Oz rugby the last few years.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Thanks for your attention, yes you are right, BBC will destroy TGS and Nudgee will beat Ipswich.

BBC 13 A undefeated as well . won 1st 2 matches by over 50.
BBC 15 A not playing like last 2 years-overconfident perhaps OR a team of stars ?

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
This was suggested in the Premier thread when Sunnybank played Souths. I don't get it. We have a Super Rugby ref who is going to ref a schoolboy game and you think there's going to be an issue. No wonder there isn't a long cue of people wanting to be referees if they are going to be liked with some perceived bias.
We should want these guys reffing at this level.

Maybe he shouldn't be put in that position in the first place. The Premier game (that Jets spoke about) was very controversial, to a few people I spoke to; I must admit I was bemused as well at some decisions.

F

from the side

True on the BBC 13 A , they are playing the TGS 13 A and with all due respect to the boys from the the top of the range, but they are very light on this year in that age. I am sure they will develop over time.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
If I was a TSS official I'd be delighted to snag a Super Rugby ref for my Firsts match. Don't care where he comes from/teaches at/played for. Nic Berry taking up the whistle's one of the good news stories for Oz rugby the last few years.

In our day most First XV and Colts games were regularly refereed by the likes of Kevin Crowe, Chris Oxenford and Col Waldron....all Interstate and International referees of their day. We knew them so well that we were on first name basis. So I'd be surprised if more of the higher level ref's aren't doing the Firsts.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Churchie Vs State High
Witches hats and security guards will position themselves, as usual, on the exit ramps of the SE Freeway and around the Gabba to direct the State High People Movers to the back of the Coorparoo Bowls Club, where they have set up a temporary car park for State High supporters. A shuttle bus without any seats will then ferry supporters into the Churchie grounds, but on the other side of the creek form the main oval.
The lack of any supporters will put off the State High boys early on, but once they adjust and a couple of slightly pissed Churchie mums start cheering for them they'll load up on tries and will run away with it comfortably.
State High by 18

BBC Vs Toowoomba
BBC Rugby supporters will be fresh from their counseling sessions, as the depression from last weeks 3 point loss kicks in yet again. But the GPS supporters that just can't take a trick, will turn up again with hope in their hearts and a luke-warm steak sandwich in their hands. The Toowoomba lads will have spent the week assimilating at sea level at the Ekka, sleeping in the cattle and small horse pavilion. Too many dagwood dogs and a quick trip on The Zipper prior to the bus ride to Toowong could have them off their game and the kilt wearers might just chalk another one up here.
BBC by 7

Nudgee Vs Ipswich
The Ippy supporters will hit the flats in a flurry of red&white, Benson & Hedges and swear words, as they prepare to get their campaign back on track against their second bout of catholicism in two weeks. After been taught a lesson in how to play last week, by a team that weighs little more than the seven dwarfs, it really is time Ippy step up. The big boppers need to get some momentum early and if they do they might just spring something here. A bit of Boondall Bear class should be enough to avoid the upset in the end though.
Nudgee by 12

Southport Vs Terrace
This will be the match of the round I think and TSS are definitely due a loss here. They've been luckier than a TSS mum at an Old Boys dinner the last few weeks. The Red & Black Smurfs will take it to them early, but you would think the pure weight and speed of TSS should be enough to get them home in the end.
TSS by 4

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
TSS
NC
BBC
BSHS

Are there any live feeds by DoubleTake this weekend?

Also on that note, massive thumbs up to the efforts and quality of the broadcast and now added commentary on some. Brings the comp to a whole new level.

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
GT and TSS will be a draw
Nudgee will flog Ippy
BBC will beat TGS by 12+
State High over Churchie by 20+

One super close game and three big margins.

Status
Not open for further replies.