• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I caught the 2nd half on youtube. Went to BBC in the late eighties early nineties (when TSS were about as shit as BBC). I can die now, I have seen BBC beat Nudgee.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Still trying to work out how NC lost. They were the much better team for all but last 10mins. I actually thought prior that that BBC were average . A lot of lost ball by both teams.BUT
1)BBC are very very fit;
2) BBC 13 is the best player I have seen all year- by a long way;
3) when 3,7amd 14 came on with 10 mins to go they completley changed the match. 3 the PNG boy could not be tackled and the new 7 caught the last kickoff Aussie rules style and set up match winning Try .

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Interesting day out at BBC in A matches.
BBC won 12,14 and firsts. Their 14 A nearly got to 50 .
As i predicted there was a 40!point turnaround in 15 A from last year with NC winning on fulltime.BBC had that match won but tried to run it from own goal line( not under 13 any more).
Pay no attention to score in 2 nds . NC might have won by a 1 point but BBC had a boy sent off at opening kickoff and played last 10 mins with 13 boys. actually that impressed me - but then it made sense when i saw Steve Nance was the coach.
Great steakburgers as well but line was too long.
Very even comp all round this year.

Monster

Peter Burge (5)
Still trying to work out how NC lost. They were the much better team for all but last 10mins. I actually thought prior that that BBC were average . A lot of lost ball by both teams.BUT
1)BBC are very very fit;
3) when 3,7amd 14 came on with 10 mins to go they completley changed the match. 3 the PNG boy could not be tackled and the new 7 caught the last kickoff Aussie rules style and set up match winning Try .

Agree that Ikitau was again outstanding and the reason BBC were in the game. In the last try he again made the space for the right winger to get near the line before the left winger eventually scored.

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
1)BBC are very very fit;

Congrats on a fair summary.I thinked Nudgee panicked at the end and will regret missing that kick in front.although the last penalty nudgee got was dubious head high when boy slipped. Any one know why BBC do not throw to number 5?
He is tallest player in comp and by my count they lost 5 of their own lineouts throwing to back of lineout.
I agree with you BBC looked fitter and bench had a huge impact for 2 nd week in a row- changed the match.especially the number 7 from the 2nds - 2 turnovers and caught own kickoff in 10 minutes.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
I caught the 2nd half on youtube. Went to BBC in the late eighties early nineties (when TSS were about as shit as BBC). I can die now, I have seen BBC beat Nudgee.

ha ha . I remember those days. I never lost to TSS .
same now --until under 16 then BOOM the nothern NSW injection of talent and they have an open depth that is ridiculous. They win 2nds comp almost year.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
BBC v NC Predictions:

13A BBC by 10
14A BBC by 38
15A BBC by 5
16A NC by 14
1st XV BBC by 3

A change in the Miskin schedule from last year sees consecutive 'A' games on the main field. With no game clashes, I'll be filming the 13, 14 and 15A's and predicting a clean-sweep across those 3 age groups. I'm with you B&W that the 15's will be close and NC have good chance of taking that one out.
BBC v NC Predictions:

13A BBC by 10
14A BBC by 38
15A BBC by 5
16A NC by 14
1st XV BBC by 3

A change in the Miskin schedule from last year sees consecutive 'A' games on the main field. With no game clashes, I'll be filming the 13, 14 and 15A's and predicting a clean-sweep across those 3 age groups. I'm with you B&W that the 15's will be close and NC have good chance of taking that one out.
Wow i love parents ..students that rate oyr program highly.. still some work to do at BBC

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
BBC v NC Predictions:

13A BBC by 10
14A BBC by 38
15A BBC by 5
16A NC by 14
1st XV BBC by 3

And the winners were... guys lets give credit to all schools and respect that all players have great ability ... i hope your tipping was tongue in cheek

MongoRahRahFilth

Bob McCowan (2)
Congrats on a fair summary.I thinked Nudgee panicked at the end and will regret missing that kick in front.although the last penalty nudgee got was dubious head high when boy slipped. Any one know why BBC do not throw to number 5?
He is tallest player in comp and by my count they lost 5 of their own lineouts throwing to back of lineout.
I agree with you BBC looked fitter and bench had a huge impact for 2 nd week in a row- changed the match.especially the number 7 from the 2nds - 2 turnovers and caught own kickoff in 10 minutes.

Totally agree Nudgee seemed too over think things over play things a bit throughout the game and especially towards the end. Also agree about the bench impact for BBC , People seem to focus too much on 15 and not on how much the bench get teams home and that was definitely the case today . Great summary above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ear

Peter Burge (5)
Went to the BBC game today and thoroughly enjoyed it. First time I've ever seen BBC get up over Nudgee. Can anyone help me with the following:
1. When did BBC last beat NC
2. Why do BBC where White Socks with Pink and Purple Polka Dots??? Is there a story or charity behind it?
Congrats on the win today! Enjoyed the big hits too!

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
And the winners were. guys lets give credit to all schools and respect that all players have great ability . i hope your tipping was tongue in cheek

I think you are a little side tracked Old'Chum as predictions are merely that. Nothing to do with what I think about programs. So what's your Realbeef?

So let's look at the tips:

U13's BBC by 10.
Nudgee scored on the final whistle to win by 14. The game really only ever had a try in it but full credit to Nudgee who were the better team on the day. They look really good and happy to acknowledge this.

U14's BBC by 38
Final Score line: BBC 46-17. Not far off don't you think?

U15's BBC by 5 but also stated that Nudgee could win it.
BBC in front by 1 in the last minute and chose to run it out of their 22, made an error which saw NC score a try from the set piece.

U16's NC by 14
Final margin had NC by 11. Looks pretty good to me.

1st XV BBC by 3
Final result BBC by 1

I don't know about you Realbeef but I think you have something else on your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.