• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
"I think you have to look a little deeper into his cultural background. I understand he went through his (Tribe? Not sure of PC terminology)'s rite of passage/ceremony to become a man during the July holiday."
King,
No one knew such content as you have now elaborated on G&GR. Discussion and statements were purely of a rugby related nature. I totally respect the right of passage and the need for it. RoP is a current and valuable initiation procedure still practiced by most Indigenous cultures of the world. Unfortunately, mate this forum is a rugby content discussion. If only you shed some light on what you knew then no one would need to "look a little deeper". FYI, we have a large number of Polynesian players as well, who also have a rite of passage etiquette, so to be fair, all you needed to say was the above and case shut. Some poly boys dont turn up to games on Sunday and there is a reason that most informed clubs now know why. There is no secret and its not taboo to shed light on a known truth. A simple statement and we all stand informed!!!

Being shaved is a significant event in the life of a young indigenous man, so understandable that he valued that more than playing for QLD - especially when he will be eligible next year and maybe even the year after if he repeats.
Again,
No one is questioning the value and the significant relevance of a young man being perpetuated in the spiritual and cultural emersion of his tribal and Indigenous practices. As an Indigenous person myself you don't need to educate me on the protocols of cultural practices.

"He certainly wasn't up there for an AFL Trial if that's what you were thinking.."

WTF are you insinuating ?? NEVER in my thoughts did I think that. So get off your high (self righteous) horse!!! For you to think such devious thoughts about my statements is sad and disappointing.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
"I think you have to look a little deeper into his cultural background. I understand he went through his (Tribe? Not sure of PC terminology)'s rite of passage/ceremony to become a man during the July holiday."
King,
No one knew such content as you have now elaborated on G&GR. Discussion and statements were purely of a rugby related nature. I totally respect the right of passage and the need for it. RoP is a current and valuable initiation procedure still practiced by most Indigenous cultures of the world. Unfortunately, mate this forum is a rugby content discussion. If only you shed some light on what you knew then no one would need to "look a little deeper". FYI, we have a large number of Polynesian players as well, who also have a rite of passage etiquette, so to be fair, all you needed to say was the above and case shut. Some poly boys dont turn up to games on Sunday and there is a reason that most informed clubs now know why. There is no secret and its not taboo to shed light on a known truth. A simple statement and we all stand informed!!!

Being shaved is a significant event in the life of a young indigenous man, so understandable that he valued that more than playing for QLD - especially when he will be eligible next year and maybe even the year after if he repeats.
Again,
No one is questioning the value and the significant relevance of a young man being perpetuated in the spiritual and cultural emersion of his tribal and Indigenous practices. As an Indigenous person myself you don't need to educate me on the protocols of cultural practices.

"He certainly wasn't up there for an AFL Trial if that's what you were thinking.."

WTF are you insinuating ?? NEVER in my thoughts did I think that. So get off your high (self righteous) horse!!! For you to think such devious thoughts about my statements is sad and disappointing.

Sole, calm down mate..

I was just explaining that the reason he didn't go down to Sydney was a bit more than homesickness. That's it.

If you're indigenous then you would understand why. I was explaining for the benefit of the non-indigenous among us who might not. I stated my belief that it was perfectly understandable he would go home for those reasons.

And for your final paragraph, quite honestly it's a little bizarre. I didn't insinuate a single thing, nor was I thinking "devious" things about your comment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
Is Hamiso in Year 11 at BGS?

How is the new BGS 10, ex- touch player, going so far?

I have seen him play a couple of times, and he is good. However IN MY OPINION, he is not in the Top 5 10's in the GPS comp. Apparently he is signed by the cowboys, I am still uncertain if that is correct.

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
DoubleTake are very keen to stream this game, but we're never gotten permission to commentate from Miskin St before.

Next weekend is 100% in the hands of BBC's headmaster. Fingers crossed!

I bet you do not even get a reply.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
KING,

I rest my case. If it made you feel good and sounded intelligent then good for you. People on here (I assume) don't want to read this type of 'discussion' BUT rugby specific content. Thanks for shedding light on why he didnt go to Sydney. . .
I 100% support that(RoP initiation) without judgement or prejudice. His sporting pathway is indeed bright. He can pretty much play any sport and be vgood at it.I will definitely keep an eye out for him. If its AFL I hope its with the Collingwood Magpies. If its league the Broncos will need a fullback. If its Union uuumm anywhere in the back three. :)

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
KING,

I rest my case. If it made you feel good and sounded intelligent then good for you. People on here (I assume) don't want to read this type of 'discussion' BUT rugby specific content. Thanks for shedding light on why he didnt go to Sydney.
I 100% support that(RoP initiation) without judgement or prejudice. His sporting pathway is indeed bright. He can pretty much play any sport and be vgood at it.I will definitely keep an eye out for him. If its AFL I hope its with the Collingwood Magpies. If its league the Broncos will need a fullback. If its Union uuumm anywhere in the back three. :)

Wont be Union, at least for a while, but no doubt the Reds will pick him up at 32 years old, on a an expensive 5 year contract, after he has played for Collingwood and the Broncs.:)

Jimothy Tulakila

Bob McCowan (2)
1. Kohan Herbert:
The Downland's captain is impressive. Scored a brilliant try against BSHS and was a constant threat with bih. Big and strong over the ball as well.

2. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
One of the most natural athletic kid in the gps comp. Was impressive at gps trials. Picked for Qld 1 but something mysterious happened and he went MIA.Rumour has it he may be linked to the Bne Lions.
3. Trevor Hosea
Tremendous attitude and passion to win. A natural big athletic kid. IMO, he will make the transition to the next phase of his rugby career well. A talented #5 who will be a modern type player who can play lock #6 or #8 well.
4. Viliame Lea
Very under-rated player. He was one of the standout wingers from the Nationals.Wouldnt be surprise to see him go to league. Big, powerful and aggressive.
5. Rhys van Nek
A solid performer. He wIll continue to improve with attention to details in the set pieces. BUT he has the right attitude.

Viliami is not that great mate

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
DoubleTake are very keen to stream this game, but we're never gotten permission to commentate from Miskin St before.

Wasn't BBC vs Nudgee (at Miskin) online last year?

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)

Wasn't BBC vs Nudgee (at Miskin) online last year?

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
I would not be making any tips on TSS v BBC until you know who is playing.Lots of injuries in both camps.Both 10s doubtful:and we heard 13 & 14 for BBC are out(for the year?) and 11 for TSS out.
NC must be licking their lips.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Samoan #8 tips for round 4:
BBC vs TSS:
Close one here. Will TSS be able to pick themselves up after their shock loss to the competition dark horse IGS? Or will BBC make it 4/4 and further clear their path towards their first premiership in over half a century? TSS will pick themselves up - they are a class rugby school and always produce a quality 1st XV. But 2017 seems to be the year of The College after 4 years of (arguable) disappointment. It's BBC by 3.
TGS vs BSHS:
Up the range this one - so it's TGS by 12 for me.
IGS vs GT:
Well well well. If you asked me 2 weeks ago - the answer would have been obvious. But after the Red and White's victory over the weekend - the answer isn't clear cut. Can IGS continue their form into another round? Or will Wilson and Co. be too good? Yeah - they will be. Just. GT by 6.
BGS vs ACGS:
ACGS come to the Northgate Playing Fields after a victory in a high scoring affair against IGS and a 1 point loss to GT. I don't know what to think of this side yet. Is 2017 a new year for the ACGS 1st XV? Or are there still memories of their disastrous 2016 campaign? From the results I've seen, they sound like an "80 minute" side. But will they be able to shut down the ball carrying abilities of Tuimavave and the flair of Tabaui? Will BGS be able to record a victory against the Blue and Grey at Northgate for the first time in, well, a while? If BGS can maintain their 1st half intensity for a full game - then they're in with a real chance. Who knows.

WW Bench

Bob McCowan (2)
BBC v TSS

Here we go, this could BBC’s season , the boys from Toowong are 4 from 4. BBC are deadset pumped about this and they get to front up against TSS to prove their worth. The school has put out the call to get ¾ of the schools population to come out of music and drama rooms to come down and support. Only problem is some of them aren’t allowed to go into the sun because it turns them to dust and sunscreen tends to smear their black eye liner, no doubt there might be a few Day Walkers amongst them that will make it out to boost the numbers. TSS will be cranky, IGS caught them napping and it will be one that got away. This is do or die for TSS and they will no doubt be galant, but alas, I don’t think they will get Green White Black at home. BBC by 7, even with their injuries.

TGS v BSHS

The two extreme’s of the GPS spectrum line up against each other, flat caps against the truckers caps, Bruz against Mate, the chain wearers against the leather watch protectors, this will be a ding dong fair dinkum stoush, City vs Country. BSHS have been on the back end of a couple of decent hidings and the TGS boys haven’t been this excited about a “sure thing” since seeing their cousin behind the wool shed last holidays. BSHS are off the bye and word is a few of the First XV went train surfing to clear their minds over the recent hidings. Never the less, I don’t think it will help and the TGS boys should win by 15.

IGS v GT

This is the season changer for GT, if they lose this the season is gone, but if they win it they keep the mathematical dream alive. IGS will be pumped about going down and ruining TSS day last week and a win here puts them back into mathematical contention. Start digging the hangi pit and woman get those eggs cooking!! I am pretty sure IGS get up here. IGS by 6

BGS v ACGS

The game “ Wash N Go” “Sparkles” and “Scrubs”, wait for every year. Wall to wall Europeans dotted by a couple of Lexus’s. It will be Rodd and Gunn against Ralph Lauren, Prada against Gucci ,new money against old money. Churchie will be too good for the BGS boys, they were close to GT and BGS were out gunned big time against BBC, I am afraid the old money wins again. Churchie by 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.