• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

human

Bob McCowan (2)
Indeed, and it will come sooner than you think, given that Sonny Bill was allowed to claim two halves of a trial game against different teams, as a "meaningful match" and thus counting towards his suspension - I have had 10 minute relationships more meaningful than that.

human

Bob McCowan (2)
So when they start giving points for half time victories or alternatively only behind by small margins at half time, they could be in the hunt?
Indeed, and it will come sooner than you think, given that Sonny Bill was allowed to claim two halves of a trial game against different teams, as a "meaningful match" and thus counting towards his suspension - I have had 10 minute relationships more meaningful than that.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
BBC v TSS team lists
3d4809d0ff25f81e3c5075aa62277709.jpg

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Also what a coup by TSS to get Greg Norman as manager. Not sure about his rugby knowledge but could teach the boys a thing or two about professional sport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Also what a coup by TSS to get Greg Norman as manager. Not sure about his rugby knowledge but could teach the boys a thing or two about professional sport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gregs doing a good job TSS 25 - BBC 10 and playing mistake riddled football

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
GT 34-19 Against IGS bodes well for there upcoming clash v TSS which is a season defining game for both those sides. T

errace has a nice looking run home too with home games against TSS, TGS and BBC with an away fixture to BGS thrown in there.

Scrum Club

Frank Row (1)
BGS 21- ACGS 15 FT
Great game bgs leading most of the way with churchie regaining the lead with minutes left. Last seconds BGS #13 from the 50m dribbled down the sideline, regained the ball and scored in the corner. Heartbreak for churchie. Grammar crowd couldnt of been happier.

SurferDude

Frank Row (1)
Well, a few scrappy affairs and Nudgee now riding towards another premiership. Recovering with my leg in plaster I watched both games on DTL.

TSS came out like they did against BSHS and racked up a huge lead against BBC before mistakes set in and BBC clawed their way back - but too little too late. TSS owe that win to a stunning opening 15-20 minutes. They got some go ahead through their powerful forwards and were very good at picking the right moment to fire it into the backline. Speed and power. BBC fought back and put TSS off their rythym. TSS became scrappy but they should roll Terrace over next week if this is how they rolled over the strong BBC outfit. BBC just didn't get their mojo going - they certainly gave glimpses of their power and speed but just didn't come up with the performance on the day. I gather they had a few injury issues (not the first year they have had this). It would be great to see a fully fit BBC outfit out on the paddock, because they sure have some talent. TSS will be looking to straighten their hair out after that loss to IGS last week. The GT game next week will be a good point to get their momentum back before their end of season clash at home v Nudgee.

IGS started brightly and you felt their big backs would roll through all afternoon. Two quick tries early did not end up being an indicator of how the game would pan out. After upsetting TSS last week you fancied their chances. Terrace don't have the flashiest side but they do have a lot of grit and are not tackle shy. They just tackled away and scored a few key tries in counter attack when the IGS attack broke down. A break away try off a line out piled the pressure on and IGS had too much to do. The GT side don't have the talent they did last year but they have a ton of guts and patience and will not be a fixture the more-fancied teams like BBC and TSS will look forward to ahead of their NC game. I suspect one of them will have their season's hopes dashed by the red and black - their counter attack is pretty good. They have the confidence to take you on anywhere in the field. IGS will be disapppointed. You need patience against this GT side and Ippy coughed up the ball at key points in the game. Their last try showed what they could do with momentum, ball in hand and a bit of creativity. I enjoyed this game more out of the two. Both sides turned on some great, open running rugby in the spirit of the game.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Brilliant kicking game from TSS today both in general play and at goal-they sure missed Parata last week against IGS.Different team with him on paddock.Congrats to BBC on coming home strong and the most picturesque oval in comp.Lov the cross -mow!
did BBC end scoring 5 tries to 4?

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
quote="Countryjack, post: 958873, member: 47797"]Brilliant kicking game from TSS today both in general play and at goal-they sure missed Parata last week against IGS.Different team with him on paddock.Congrats to BBC on coming home strong and the most picturesque oval in comp.Lov the cross -mow!
did BBC end scoring 5 tries to 4?[/quote]

BTW -that BBC 15 A side is big,fast & good.we got pumped.Have not seen such a complete team in the underage since.........the TSS 16 A of 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.